• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which service has the more appealing list of games to you?

• Game Pass's list appeals to me more

Votes: 568 74.5%
  • PS Now's list appeals to me more

Votes: 194 25.5%

• Total voters

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
When I subbed in January to Now I was disappointed with the list of games. Looking at the Gamepass list I think it has a better list of games than Now.

Oct 27, 2017
While I understand that argument, MS games are a) not all masterpieces and b) don't entice every game, don't you think the day one indies on Gamepass make for a better argument?
Games like Ashen, Mutant Year Zero and Warhammer Vertmintide 2 coming to the service day one.

I can play third party games on any console. Exclusive games is what sells me on a service. There isn't a single Microsoft franchise that I could care about, so even if Sony's offerings are objectively worse value for your money, they suit my needs much bettef.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
For a couple of years now I've told myself I'll give the PS Now trial a shot when I have the time. It's got a great library for me since I never owned a PS3 myself, but I doubt that my connection is up to the task.

So far, that seems like the more interesting offering as someone who doesn't either a PS4 or Xbox. Still waiting for Game Pass to branch out to PC in a big way.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PSNOW seems to be have the better, bigger library. But gamepass has new first party games day 1...but given the state in which a lot of those release I'm not entirely convinced of the value in that?

Neither have convinced me to use them beyond their trials though. But if I HAD to have one I'd go for PSNOW.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
PS Now allows you access to games you can't get anywhere else unless you still have a PS3. That makes it more valuable to Game Pass to me. Though I'm not a fan of streaming. I wonder if BC on PS5 will include PS3 games. In that case those PS3 games on PSNow should in theory all become downloadable.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I have to choose Game Pass as PS Now might as well not even exist in much of the world (pretty sure it isn't accessible to me in Australia), whereas Game Pass is right there easily accessible and highlighted on the XBOX (and available on PC too with the Play Anywhere titles).

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
But you dont have to stream it........I think you can download the games.
That's only true of the PS4 and PS2 games. Sadly the best stuff on the service is actually from last gen where there are plenty of gems from the Ratchet games to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 to Puppeteer but they need to be streamed. Hopefully PS5 will have PS3 BC with 4k enhancements we'll then have the option to download these.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I can play third party games on any console. Exclusive games is what sells me on a service. There isn't a single Microsoft franchise that I could care about, so even if Sony's offerings are objectively worse value for your money, they suit my needs much bettef.

Those indies are not on PS Now.

I understand MS exclusives aren't for everyone, but this is about which service has a superior list of games for you personally. Which means third party games on the service are also part of that.

But I completely understand your reasons to prefer PS Now.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's only true of the PS4 and PS2 games. Sadly the best stuff on the service is actually from last gen where there are plenty of gems from the Ratchet games to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 to Puppeteer but they need to be streamed. Hopefully PS5 will have PS3 BC with 4k enhancements we'll then have the option to download these.

Didnt know you could not download PS3 games. Strange choice

Animagne

Oct 27, 2017
Neither. Lately I'm down on services like spotify, because it feels like I'm spending more money on music than before. The only thing I justify library services now is for tv shows.

Between sales, humble monthly/PS+/GWG (and various bundles in general on PC), I feel like a lot of gamers have libraries so huge, that most people barely touch most of them and they usually overlap quite a lot with these services. Unless you've managed to avoid these subscriptions, buying in sales, or just bought the console, I don't see any value in continuously subscribing to these libraries.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
One thing really stupid on psnow are games that have ps4 ports and only have the ps3 version available (I'm looking at you Capcom)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
For me it's PS now...I was not a fan of MS first party.

What about all the games on Game Pass that aren't MS first party? Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ashen, Mutant Year Zero, Doom, the whole Life Is Strange franchise, Ninja Garden, OnRush, PES 2019, Vermintide 2, PUBG etc? There are a lot more third party games than first party games on Game Pass.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
What about all the games on Game Pass that aren't MS first party? Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ashen, Mutant Year Zero, Doom, the whole Life Is Strange franchise, Ninja Garden, OnRush, PES 2019, PUBG etc? There are a lot more third party games than first party games on Game Pass.
None of those interest me personally..I can only speak to my tastes. never liked the new tomb raiders. If MS has better first party that would interest me.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Game Pass by fucking light years. I recently bought a one S despite never owning an xbox console, and already owning a good PC, just for game pass and 4k blu rays. Incredible value.

It's cool that PSNow lets you download PS4 titles now, but all of the good PS4 titles are things I already own. For the other stuff, I would honestly rather not play a game at all than play it with an extra 65 ms of input lag. Add the absurdly high price on top of all that and it's not anywhere close to appealing for me.

Game Pass I bought a year for 70 bucks from Best Buy and it gives me access to all of Microsofts output, and a bunch of other stuff, including actual, proper backwards compatibility.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Poor PSnow can't compare.
Gamepass having 1st party released day one, Xbox 360 and Og games plus high rated 3rd party games seals the deal. And it's not streaming, so there's no input lag and can be played offline.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ah ok, so it's not ridiculously over priced then, just a bit more expensive. Sony should drop it permanently to 9.99 a month.

I didn't put the US price in there (edited in now!) but PS Now is double the price of Game Pass in the US. $19.99 and $9.99. It's a significant extra cost.

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
i like both of them and plan to continue my subscriptons into next gen. PS Now libary is a bit better in my opinion but the service itself gets hopefully some tweeks like newer games, more classic games, full download of all games ...

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
User Banned (Duration Pending): Returning from ban and resuming banned behavior; consistent pattern of trolling and system wars
I don't like Xbox games therefore I choose PSNow totally ignoring all the third party games that launch day and date into the service. What don't you like about those games?
Why are you triggered over someone liking Ps now more? I do not care for most of the third party games on gamepass....there is nothing to argue, it's my tastes. Are you going to quote everyone who prefers PS now?

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you triggered over someone liking Ps now more? I do not care for most of the third party games on gamepass....there is nothing to argue, it's my tastes. Are you going to quote everyone who prefers PS now?

No one is getting triggered I just find it amusing to see so many people state they don't like or think that Game Pass is value for money or a great service because they don't like Xbox games, now if they were the only games releasing on the service then I would think they people have a point, but its not so I laugh at comments like yours and others.

You're basically saying I don't like games.

Edit, banned now - oh well.....

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
They don't even have the PS4 version of TLOU on there which is mindblowing to me.
Same thing with Uncharted 1-3. So fucking dumb. Putting the inferior versions of one of your biggest franchises on your subscription service, and force anyone who wants to play them to put up with a bunch of unnecessary input lag. For 20 dollars a month. Such a fucking joke. And yeah bloodborne is a cool game, it also started going on sale digitally for as low as 8 dollars in 2016, and was a PS+ free offering. The value just isn't there for PSnow imo.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My main gripe with PSNOW is the limited library. Sure it has Uncharted and TLOU, but they are the PS3 versions and it wouldn't be so bad if I could download them on my PS3 console and yet I can't. Downloading is only available for PS4 games, which is fine if every cross-gen game in the library was the PS4 version, as stated before the PS4 versions of Uncharted and TLOU are not listed in the library.

PSNOW could be a good service if it only took a few extra steps, such as making downloads available on all relevant platforms (PS3 Games on PS3/PS5 console, and PS4 Games on PS4/PS5 console), and ensuring all versions are available in the library (PS3 & PS4 version). Another thing that would boost subscription numbers is copying Microsoft's strategy of putting their exclusives in the library Day One. It would also be amazing that if I search for an old game, I would find it available to play on PSNOW.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me, Game Pass. Microsoft's first party games tend to gel with me more than Sony's, so being able to get those on Day 1 is a pretty big thing, on top of a lot of new, modern releases like Mutant Year Zero. I think PSNow is pretty cool, but if I had to choose between the two i'd go Game Pass.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I don't subscribe to either but i can't even believe this is a close call? Game pass gives you so many new games.