• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Please try Pyre again, y'all. I know it's harder to get into, but it also took me a while and it's now my favorite Supergiant game. The gameplay does get more engaging as it goes on, and even if it doesn't for you, the narrative is their best yet.

Nah. I gave it plenty of time as I said in my OP. I just outright loathe the gameplay and was getting super salty playing it. No patience for games that frustrate me to that level anymore regardless of the narrative.

Last edited:

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of these were huge disappointments.

MGS4
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Skyward Sword
Majoras Mask
Super Smash Bros 4
Metroid Other M and Metroid Prime Federation Force
Paper Mario Color Splash/ Sticker Star
Super Mario 3D World
DmC (Not the same developer but it's still Capcom's fault for funding this mess)
Destiny and Destiny 2
Silent Hill 4
GTAIV and RDR2
Jak 2 (The first horrible Naughty Dog game)
Everything Valve made post 2007

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 76. I love Bethesda's games (even Fallout 4), but this game was shit. I knew it'd be different, but nothing about it works at all. The weight limit for storage is what got me to quit. I figured I'd put the game on hold until they patched in more carrying capacity for storage. Once they did, I decided I was happier not playing the game. Pure shit.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Gears Of War series from Epic.

Was a huge fanboy of them for years. REALLY didn't like the whole idea of it and its influence arguably made the genre itself worse.
I guess this experience cured me from fanboyism once and for all?

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
That run of Hitman games up to Blood Money was straight fire for me. Then Absolution happened and I was out. So much so I haven't felt compelled to play the newer ones even though they look like what my dream Hitman game would have been. The mind is a strange thing. MGS Peace Walker also. MGS 1-4 = Fire. Peace Walker on PSP - no thank you I am out. ME Andromeda too but that is beating a dead horse.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Battlefront 2 (DICE)

I didn't mind their first Battlefront. Yes it was light on content, but it played wonderfully. Had some great maps and some amazing game modes (Walker Assault being a fave). Also a huge Battlefield fan who's been playing since the the beginning. Even liked Battlefield Hardline.

Battlefront 2 on the other hand was an absolute travesty. Poor maps, lack of game modes, loot boxes, grinding, poor split screen modes compared to the first....I could go into more detail, but it was the first time I felt regret buying a game made by DICE.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried so hard to get into the pillars of eternity games but they just don't do anything for me. They're not even bad games or anything just kind of dull and dry to me.

Thankfully the outer worlds looks crazy good and a return to form for Obsidian.

That run of Hitman games up to Blood Money was straight fire for me. Then Absolution happened and I was out. So much so I haven't felt compelled to play the newer ones even though they look like what my dream Hitman game would have been. The mind is a strange thing. MGS Peace Walker also. MGS 1-4 = Fire. Peace Walker on PSP - no thank you I am out. ME Andromeda too but that is beating a dead horse.

You should really try the newer Hitmans. I don't think anyone railed on Absolution harder than I did on gaf leading up to its release, and it was justified, but they really did make amends with these last 2 games. They're Hitman at its best.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
You should really try the newer Hitmans. I don't think anyone railed on Absolution harder than I did on gaf leading up to its release, and it was justified, but they really did make amends with these last 2 games. They're Hitman at its best.
I know. Intellectually I know. I see them and think how they are the perfect game that I wanted coming after Blood Money but I remember sneaking to the top of that Hotel in Absolution and not killing anyone. Some cutscene instead. I haven't gotten over it lol