• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Never underestimate the power and of the internet and poor fact checking. Game show institution Jeopardy! fell for a (extremely easy to debunk) meme that claims all the Tetris shapes have names like "Smashboy" and "Orange Ricky".

Of course the official Tetris twitter account was not amused.

But surely this didn't make it to air, right?

😬

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I thought that was weird last night, I was like "I've been playing Tetris for years and I've literally never heard this in my life."

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
That fake manual photo finds another victim.

bGVuhGn.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
They do have names, though.

T, Z, S, J, L, O, and I.

Last edited:

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I want sylised shirts with Tetris blocks and these names, but I'm afraid that Smashboy is probably some sort of terrible euphemism.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Imagine ending up on a gameshow and your cash prize being hovered over you with fake trivia potentially taking it away

anyway tag yourself, I'm Smashboy

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

how could you forget the O.G. of bad manuals

3Q8VsVB.png

"rumor has it she's the younger sister of Ginger from Gilligan's Island"
"Higharolla Kockamamie"
"Vermon CaTaffy"
"Merciless Man of the Year Award 8 straight times"
"...a black belt in 32 forms of oriental combat"
"...last seen in Vietnam in 1969, but don't worry he'll show up"

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
when I lived in the UK my family and I used to watch these kinds of shows while eating and once there was a question that was like "food that in spanish literally means 'little cheese'". As mexicans, me and my family were like "uhh what?" scratching out heads and thinking very hard. The answer was "Quesadilla" we laughed our asses off. It's entirely wrong, diminutives in spanish don't work like that. It could be Quesito or Quesillo (never heard this one in my life) but that one was entirely off.

My point is, wouldn't be the first time they don't fact check