• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
dear friends, having significant issues with Iam8Bit, still 4 months later since my order of the Persona 5 Vinyl, i have not received it, numerous emails sent whilst the company has been giving out free copies left, right and center to influencers and games companies and I still have not received my vinyl.

The customer service has been atrocious and I am now being told it will not come until April at the earliest, any tips or advice?
Realistically, you're just going to have to wait. I would burn that bridge and do a chargeback, but then you aren't getting your record.

punkmaggit

Oct 27, 2017
Went to my local record store and they were actually doing preorders for Record Store Day. Was able to reserve the Daughter album!

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
Went to my local record store and they were actually doing preorders for Record Store Day. Was able to reserve the Daughter album!
Weird, cause afaik what a store orders vs what a store gets with regards to RSD exclusives is very unreliable.

Every store I've talked to has been "we'll see what we get when we get it".

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not a for sure date, but Bull Moose's site is showing a release or ship date of May 4th, 2018 for the Hollow Knight 2LP vinyl. Maybe they know more we do about Ghost Ramp's "early Q2" ship date.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Data Discs are teasing Policenauts on Twitter with a pic of a pixelated moon from the game: https://twitter.com/datadiscs/status/977958285168037890
Lea-Micheles-Heartfelt-Thank-You-Gif.gif

Better soundtrack than Snatcher imo but I'm such a sucker for orchestras. Day one!

Last edited:

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Well, nevermind about my previous post regarding Hollow Knight. Ghost Ramp sent out a shipping notification this morning. It's on the way!

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
So a few weeks back my NieR set arrived from the Square-Enix store. I noticed one side of one disc had an issue (loud popping for one track) and I wrote their customer service asking if I could get a replacement for a single disc. They said I'd have to send the entire set back for a refund or a replacement, and provided a pre-paid FedEx label for the return shipping. I sent it their way over two weeks ago and heard nothing back. Today I wrote them asking if they had a status, and a different rep wrote back saying they were out of stock and could only do a refund.

Super shitty. E-mailed them saying I did not find that to be an acceptable resolution considering what I was told by their own rep a few weeks ago, and asked if they could send my defective set back (I assume that is not going to be an option, but I'd prefer that over not having one or paying after market prices). Not sure what other options I'd have outside of complaining about it elsewhere, but had to vent.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
So a few weeks back my NieR set arrived from the Square-Enix store. I noticed one side of one disc had an issue (loud popping for one track) and I wrote their customer service asking if I could get a replacement for a single disc. They said I'd have to send the entire set back for a refund or a replacement, and provided a pre-paid FedEx label for the return shipping. I sent it their way over two weeks ago and heard nothing back. Today I wrote them asking if they had a status, and a different rep wrote back saying they were out of stock and could only do a refund.

Super shitty. E-mailed them saying I did not find that to be an acceptable resolution considering what I was told by their own rep a few weeks ago, and asked if they could send my defective set back (I assume that is not going to be an option, but I'd prefer that over not having one or paying after market prices). Not sure what other options I'd have outside of complaining about it elsewhere, but had to vent.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/NieR-Automata-Replicant-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B075WKDQZ6

It is still avail from Amazon Japan. International Shipping isn't too bad, I think my total came out to be under ~90 when it was all said and done. Good luck with your predicament LaneDS.

Side note:

Big sale at Deep Discount till the 30th.

Snatcher - 28.93 vs 35+Shipping on Shiptostore
Rocket Knight - 15.35 vs 20+ Shipping on Shiptostore
Contra 3: Alien Wars - 21.57 vs 25+Shipping on Mondotees
Altered Beast: 24.86 vs 33 on bullmoose (next lowest I could find.)
VA-11 HALL-A: 29 vs 45 + Shipping from Blackscreen Records <--- Sold out on Black Screen
Shadowrun- Dragonfall 19.99 vs 36 + Shipping from BlackScreen
Shadowrun- Hong Kong 26 vs 42 + Shipping from Black Screen
Thomas was alone - 19.99 vs 32 + Shipping on Black Screen
The rest of Black Screen Records catalogue
Shadow of the Colossus - 36.66 vs 40+Shipping and having to deal with Iam8bit.
Elder Scrolls Skyrim 24 vs 40 + Shipping and having to deal with Iam8bit.
The rest of Iam8bits catalog with similar great deals.

Ordered both Shadowruns, Skyrim, and Thomas was alone due to rbptz recommendation on it.

Last edited:

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, I noticed the aftermarket isn't gross for this release but I was still super miffed about the "customer service" they provided.

"Can't replace an individual disc, so send back the whole set! Oh wait, can't replace anything now and we forgot about your original request thanks for e-mailing us!"

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Thank you, I noticed the aftermarket isn't gross for this release but I was still super miffed about the "customer service" they provided.

"Can't replace an individual disc, so send back the whole set! Oh wait, can't replace anything now and we forgot about your original request thanks for e-mailing us!"
Oh for sure totally understandable, especially the back and forth hassle and extra unneeded time/stress devoted to it.

Why I also mentioned the Amazon link vs stuff like ebay was I remember it actually being quite cheaper than even squares pre order. I am looking at the totals now for both my orders.

Squares: ~89
Amazon: ~74

Both after shipping costs. I think the current price is a little higher now on Amazon Japan, but if your total was around ~89 too on squares site like it was mine, you will most likely still save a decent bit from the Amazon Japan listing.

Hope it all works out! :D

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Ugh, that sucks. And I realized I still haven't listened to all of the Automata part of the set so I'm gonna do that ASAP to make sure the same didn't happen for me, I guess.

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017

Square-Enix Store's customer service is the worst. I had issues with getting my Nier Box Set (took forever) and the Before the Storm set, and in both cases customer service was completely useless. I'm definitely only dealing with them if I'm forced to in the future.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
The Square-Enix store's response to me was basically "don't worry you can just buy another if we ever get them back in (which might never happen)!"

I'd ask to escalate to some customer service management but am not sure it'd be worth the effort.

punkmaggit

Oct 27, 2017
The Square-Enix store's response to me was basically "don't worry you can just buy another if we ever get them back in (which might never happen)!"

I'd ask to escalate to some customer service management but am not sure it'd be worth the effort.
I'd just buy it from Amazon.jp at this point and count your losses.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, getting another copy really isn't the issue, or the money, I'm just super annoyed by the customer service and would have liked to see some accountability there. Sharing with y'all how great their store is was also part of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Giving Thimbleweed a listen now. I've been really good for the past 6 months or so in saving money, but I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ruiner will start shipping from Laced Records next week.

I'm all soundtracked out til next month, also next month has RSD and I have my eyes firmly on Music from Before the Storm, so much that I had a dream yesterday that I didn't get a copy.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Monument Valley 2 delayed from iam8bit, due to package design issues. Packaging and vinyl has gotten a complete redesign as a result. While a delay is unfortunate, at least they are offering refunds if you're not pleased or don't want to wait. And while I personally think it's turned out better looking by a huge margin, iam8bit really needs to reflect and change their process. We don't need long preorder waits for gimmick designs.

Hi there,

We have some exciting news about your Monument Valley II vinyl soundtrack!

Nf6M4UHWukYrGpEVxrdCQsOuJ2uSfDKcTgKZGClbyuGDhlhy1L-S9RJJssuLinaw811E5iH0eGIER90hKcUtt30yngNp3EZWk0uCmTlRO-qXMxtHySMVcvpW330plPZB46muFaNYR0IKCIPGIDSEr_THdFTbFtybpiiRPSU=s0-d-e1-ft

It is with great pleasure that we present to you - BRAND NEW, amazing artwork!!

c4pS9HdLmG9l3JdpFGzYN5xgf55sRf8sxfx9RY34BJpjBL9hbO0oETKGvlJ29xHhdP5BKFGB0LjrljKEyy_SSYM_wvnp44BHlXq93RxJ4pcFHo1AFo4kSQqaQQ8-aukSYzZ9Rjn7Z9TLKXW-lzihDq58I6DUj2ZZCLFebaHt=s0-d-e1-ft

As much as we loved the original design, the delicate nature of the die-cuts made it impossible to create without compromising the overall structure of the album's jacket. Literally, the original design had such tiny die-cut components, that sliding the vinyl in-and-out resulting in bending and tearing of the jacket. After much testing - and re-testing... and re-testing... and more re-retesting - we decided, along with the good folks at ustwo games, that a redesign of the MVII jacket was in order.

MAlmrZVXPilXQ7r7m_-oW9J3i7ybHJf64wqwsqhBCGnub7MMm_NMCVj6kw9EJmWDwkY850DgQWuRWIYnTVIru95KqTlfLaGc2TXkGHVUjmUChqTQrdIPpZPZC1m6HKPvoYX3pCsR_Vh8LvOLszAi6aPClEcKcW3Y768pOcQX=s0-d-e1-ft

Along with this new design comes a slight push in the expected delivery date for the product. The Monument Valley II vinyl soundtrack is now scheduled to arrive toward the end of Q2 2018.

If you would prefer to receive a refund, rather than to wait for the vinyl to arrive, please contact customer service at [email protected] for a full refund.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
iam8bit strikes again - better artwork or not, this is a pattern, and people seriously need to reconsider supporting them or else they'll keep getting big, desirable releases when they could be going to better vinyl houses.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I need to vent!

I ordered the Oxenfree vinyl from iam8bit a long ole time ago, 2016 it was my first video game LP this was even before I had a player but I loved the game and soundtrack was awesome.

Anyways I've had it in my collection ages, checked vinyl everything's ok plays well, cue me in 2018 just seeing someone on Instagram posting their collection and I notice the cover is shiny....?!?!

So I take a look at my cover and it's only fucking missing the foil bit in the triangle, I had no idea it should have had it in there.

God damn I'm so annoyed.
Fuck iam8bit.

God damn it said holographic foil on the site.
Jesus wept.

On further investigation I've seen some with foil and some without, did they print two versions? USA and EU?!

Last edited:

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
Three Movements also delayed:

Thank you for purchasing the THREE MOVEMENTS vinyl. We have an important announcement from Brave Wave regarding the expected shipping date for these preorder items:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, we're sorry to announce that Manami Matsumae's THREE MOVEMENTS vinyl shipping date will be delayed until mid-May.

The delay is due to a technical issue. The test pressing we received wasn't satisfactory, and thus ordering a new test pressing forces us to delay the release.

The purpose of a test pressing is to catch any production problems that would have a detrimental effect on the final product. We know that our customers hold us to the highest standard and expect the best possible quality from our releases. We promise you'll be pleased with the final vinyl version. The good news is that we already received the newly ordered test pressing, and it has been approved by our mixing and restoration engineer Marco Guardia. Manufacturing is well under way now, and we hope to start shipping your copies soon." -Brave Wave

We will ship all preorders as soon as the vinyl arrives at our office. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks,
Fangamer

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Yup got that email as well, bummer, was looking forward to it coming out soon. Not too bad of a wait though :)

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Only one sip into today's coffee, I made the mistake of clicking on that wondering what the heck was going on.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Test pressings for Silent Hill 2 are out in the wild apparently.

Really nightmarish stuff, incredible score.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, Susumu Hirasawa did the part of the Ruiner soundtrack and its on vinyl?
Why can't we get Berserk?

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
It's one of the best Zelda albums I have personally heard, surprised to see you feel that way.

I am a big sucker for Orchestral music and this hits all those spots! Julie Elven's voice on the album is fantastic as well!

Oct 25, 2017
Eeeh yeah those just don't do it for me. The composition loses too much of the delicacy of the melodies, something Hero of Time really handled well. I'm glad you're into it and I'm glad they're selling more, but it's not for me.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Zelda fan made stuff, today I snagged Hero of Time from the local record shop down the street from me. If I have to buy an iam8bit production, at least I did it in a way that also supports my friendly, neighborhood vinyl stop!

Also still waiting diligently on that Flyrule / Shag release.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Yea I love Danny's work on that album, was one of the sole reasons I played the game in the first place.

Grats on the pick up and most of all snagging a good deal :)