• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oct 27, 2017
Full credit to VGMVinyl and blipblop/rpbtz

I can't find anything about this online, is this an adapted vocal track, original OST version, symphonic?
Could this lead to more SQ/Enix releases... DQIV re-release please.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Full credit to VGMVinyl and blipblop/rpbtz

I can't find anything about this online, is this an adapted vocal track, original OST version, symphonic?
Could this lead to more SQ/Enix releases... DQIV re-release please.

It's a vocal track. This is the song on side a: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQl9CRMWJEk

Same label have released a CD compilation of vocal tracks made for different DQ games. Not sure if SE also have the rights to all those old pop songs, so I'm not expecting this to have a huge impact on the chance of some big title releases. But never say never, and all that.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
How did iam8bit's Persona 5 turn out?

It looks like they have some of the limited edition here at PAX and I'm tempted, but that price...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I own the 6 vinyl edition, sound quality is really good, box packaging is really nice with the lenticular cover, sleeves are basic but nice, discs are all different colours.

Hmm... If there's any left later in the day, I'll probably splurge and get it. Thanks!

EDIT: I lied, I soon walked past the booth again and so I caved. I now have to carry it with me for the rest of the day, but it came with a tote bag and I'll be back at my apartment tonight so it was a good day to get it.

Which also makes me miss Japan's storage lockers, I guess; even TGS had open ones...

Last edited:

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Minimum Records are releasing the soundtrack to Lightfield on x2 white vinyl, ltd ed 250 copies.

1-Front.jpg

https://www.minimumrecords.net/shop/lightfield-original-game-soundtrack

Bandcamp - if anyone wants to check it out.
https://affinerecords.bandcamp.com/album/lightfield-soundtrack

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017
In case it shows up again, how is that album on LP? I read some complaints about dynamic range on the CD, is the vinyl the same master?

Good question, I can't answer about the master (maybe someone else can), but it sounds gorgeous on my setup. I didn't notice any clipping or anything egregious, though it did clue me in that it was time to clean my needle. Once that was done it sounded great, even converted my video-game-music-skeptic of a wife.

Oct 26, 2017
My Katamari record has been going on quite a trip. I live in Austin (where Mondo is) and it went from Austin to Dallas (which is normal), then to Cincinnati, and it's currently in Des Moines even though the tracking says it'll be delivered today. Maybe I'll get it someday.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
My Katamari record has been going on quite a trip. I live in Austin (where Mondo is) and it went from Austin to Dallas (which is normal), then to Cincinnati, and it's currently in Des Moines even though the tracking says it'll be delivered today. Maybe I'll get it someday.

In fairness that sounds like a very Katamari thing to do.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Good question, I can't answer about the master (maybe someone else can), but it sounds gorgeous on my setup. I didn't notice any clipping or anything egregious, though it did clue me in that it was time to clean my needle. Once that was done it sounded great, even converted my video-game-music-skeptic of a wife.

Thanks for the reply. For all I know the CD master is fine and it was just a listener or two on Amazon didn't have speakers that could handle the drums in a couple of spot. Knowing someone listened to the vinyl version and it sounded great helps a lot, it's an album I'd like to have some day.

Oct 25, 2017
Wha? I live in Austin and I get Mondo deliveries in (sometimes) less than 24 hours. It never leaves Austin.

Oct 26, 2017
Wha? I live in Austin and I get Mondo deliveries in (sometimes) less than 24 hours. It never leaves Austin.

A lot of times my stuff will go to Dallas to be sorted, then right back to Austin. Maybe it's because I typically ship stuff to work instead of home. Dunno. Normally Mondo stuff is delivered pretty quick, but it seems like this one is going on a fantastic voyage.

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply. For all I know the CD master is fine and it was just a listener or two on Amazon didn't have speakers that could handle the drums in a couple of spot. Knowing someone listened to the vinyl version and it sounded great helps a lot, it's an album I'd like to have some day.

Oh didn't realize the drums were specifically the complaint. Yeah, I didn't hear any problem with that at all. I was actually very pleasantly surprised. Hopefully you can snag one for a reasonable price.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted to give a heads up to EU people that it appears iam8bit removed that weird added tax from their UK store.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Also, it Vinyl Digital have made a separate category for synthwave, vaporwave, chiptunes and video game music on their site: https://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Electronic/Synthwave-Chiptunes/

For Europeans it's probably the cheapest place to order titles from Ship To Shore, and it seems they have most of their releases in stock - including preorders for Celeste.

Thanks for the heads up, I just pretty much stopped visiting their store because of how they handle things.
Same. They put out some solid releases for sure, but there's something wrong when it's cheaper to buy from distributors than straight from the label.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Just a friendly FYI about Mondo:

If you got a shipping notification for anything in the past week or so and have not seen any tracking movement for days, they apparently have a shortage of vinyl mailers right now. I got a helpful message from customer service this morning about two purchases (Katamari and After Burner II) that haven't moved at all despite having tracking numbers from USPS.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Liking those Persona vinyls I bought so far but I wish the 6 LP set was handled differently, as I didn't realize it was literally the 4 LP version + 2 bonus LPs with the other half of the soundtrack dumped on them when I bought it, so that's kinda annoying. I'd rather have the full soundtrack than not but it's not ideal.

I know it'd be harder to make, but given how much you're paying for it, it would be so much nicer if the entire soundtrack version was ordered like, you know, the actual soundtrack. The track ordering/grouping seems like it's all over the place and frontloading all the vocal songs is particularly unfortunate.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Liking those Persona vinyls I bought so far but I wish the 6 LP set was handled differently, as I didn't realize it was literally the 4 LP version + 2 bonus LPs with the other half of the soundtrack dumped on them when I bought it, so that's kinda annoying. I'd rather have the full soundtrack than not but it's not ideal.

I know it'd be harder to make, but given how much you're paying for it, it would be so much nicer if the entire soundtrack version was ordered like, you know, the actual soundtrack. The track ordering/grouping seems like it's all over the place and frontloading all the vocal songs is particularly unfortunate.

Unfortunately this happens all too often with vinyl soundtracks, I assume due to format constraints. Re-ordered or missing tracks is almost expected at this point.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately this happens all too often with vinyl soundtracks, I assume due to format constraints. Re-ordered or missing tracks is almost expected at this point.

I mean in this case it's more them reusing the first 4 LPs from the cheaper version. The 6 LP version has all the songs, just the half of it that wasn't in the first 4 is on the extra 2.

It's not a game, but I have The Boy and The Beast's soundtrack on vinyl and though I can't complain much since it was very cheap, not having all the tracks and what's there being ordered differently really messes with me when I play it given that it's actually a soundtrack I tend to listen to in full already, hah.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Just looking through my order history and realized Panzer Dragoon Saga from BigWax still hasn't arrived. Is this still 'coming soon' or did everyone else receive theirs ages ago?

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
Katamari arrived yesterday. I didn't end up bugging mondo to ship to USA. Should have though, :P $21 COD. Oh well. $130 for 2 copies shipped to Canada after exchange/shipping/COD.

Looks/sounds/plays great. Wish it came with a DL code. I'd like to listen to the ost without having to load up a youtube video.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
About half of the Mondo Katamari LPs have been delayed by about a month.

:-/

Mine is probably one of those. Even after talking to customer service, it hasn't budged. I literally live a few miles from Mondo so it just feels odd.
I'm crossing my fingers though, because my After Burner 2 went from shipping label created 5 days ago to "out for delivery" within an hour this morning.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Wow, hadn't heard of that, but yeah, they tweeted that this morning: https://twitter.com/BraveWaveMusic/status/984014333242986496

Thanks, for a moment I thought it might have got lost in the mail months ago or something.

Is that Panzer Dragoon getting a re-release?

Didn't know it existed. Need to sub to this thread!

Pretty sure they always make new pressings of their releases, though they don't do them that often. I think it's just if the demand is there.