• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
I got Lost Legacy in the mail from iam8bit. Totally forgot I ordered it way back in December. Came with a slipmat.

Unless they do a Red Dead Redemption 2 vinyl or something of that caliber I doubt I'll be supporting them again

slinch

Jan 20, 2018

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Darn it, I totally spaced on the Doom LE vinyl.

Get it? Space? Like a Space Marine? Eh? EH?

Got the Space Harrier LE. As usual, no email link sent during sale time so had to send a message to DD help and about a minute later got replied to with a password for the store.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
60/40 on the quality, with more quality than not- but they ship complete packages on time about once every six or seven LP products.
I would agree with rpbtz in that their end product quality is usually well above average. I've only got two or three iffy ones in the bunch I've ordered from them but overall I've been satisfied with their record production quality and the final packaging. Hyper Light Drifter is really great, for example.

seriously, why don't people just wait for the product to come in stock before giving them a penny? I've heard nothing but complaints for well over an year now for all their releases

Yeah, this is my policy. It's also a good way to test yourself as to whether you really need or want the item in question... You know, instead of having that FOMO-preorder syndrome when something new is revealed. Their announcements - to - ship - to doorstep timeframe is just too long and too risky at this point to give them the benefit of the doubt. They've earned harsh critique and healthy skepticism, no matter how good or special the licenses they've acquired.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no problem pre ordering from mondo, never had an issue with them and great customer service

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
So, Quake is still not available (sorry, I hope no one got their hopes up, just seeing the word), but with a new NIN annoucement today, I checked in on store.nin.com and there's a (new?) feature where you can add items to a wishlist AND sign up to be emailed when it's available.

Maybe if a bunch of us do both, then that will signal to the NIN store crew that we want it sooner than later.
Just click on this link: https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/quake-ost-1xlp
Then select "Email when available" and put your email in.
AND, if you're up for it, select "Add to wishlist" although you may need to create an account for that.
rZhhScy.png

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
So, Quake is still not available (sorry, I hope no one got their hopes up, just seeing the word), but with a new NIN annoucement today, I checked in on store.nin.com and there's a (new?) feature where you can add items to a wishlist AND sign up to be emailed when it's available.

Maybe if a bunch of us do both, then that will signal to the NIN store crew that we want it sooner than later.
Just click on this link: https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/quake-ost-1xlp
Then select "Email when available" and put your email in.
AND, if you're up for it, select "Add to wishlist" although you may need to create an account for that.
I doubt that will speed anything up (but of course can't hurt either). NIN's releasing most of their back catalog on vinyl in batches and they had a lot of issues with their first batch (ended up having to change distributors and had some quality issues too iirc, that they had to deal). In all likeliness it's this initial delay that's pushed the release of the newer titles including Quake.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hearing from different people that the Snowy issue have been fixed on the Undertale Japan release.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ the first note was missing from the track, making it a little jarring if you're familiar with it. The MP3 downloads that came with the purchase didn't have the same issue.
I wrote iam8bit about it, but they never commented. Not a big enough issue to do a re-press, I guess.

I doubt that will speed anything up (but of course can't hurt either). NIN's releasing most of their back catalog on vinyl in batches and they had a lot of issues with their first batch (ended up having to change distributors and had some quality issues too iirc, that they had to deal). In all likeliness it's this initial delay that's pushed the release of the newer titles including Quake.
Ahh yeah, good point.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
The Kickstarter for the game 198X have just announced that Yuzo Koshiro will be composing tracks for their game. The Yuzo Koshiro tracks have just been added as a separate vinyl tier and as an add-on (for 345 SEK / $40): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103388577/198x/posts/2186827

Allow me to rationalize my waffling for a bit:
I so want an 80's throwback-retro game Koshiro soundtrack, but I've been burned with a number of Kickstarters and vinyl preorders before. And as much as I like the concept of what they're promising, this group doesn't seem to have a noteworthy history of delivering on projects or shipping games. There's not even an indication of the sound stylings that Koshiro'll be doing, really. The music in the trailer probably predates his involvement. So yeah, there's red flags all over this despite it being a tempting dip.

I'm also still butthurt about the whole Chime# kickstarter-vinyl thing and how that turned out in the end.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot I had the Shadow of the Colossus set preordered from iam8bit.

Hopefully they don't lose it in a shipping crate like the Sunset Riders soundtrack.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Panzer Dragoon Saga 20th Anniversary is shipping from Fangamer now. I got my notification a little while ago!

punkmaggit

Oct 27, 2017
Great news about PDS!

Edit: so I don't double-post, I frigging LOVE my local record store! Found a copy of Super Hang On & Shenmue there like 3 weeks ago, and went in today and found Panzer Dragoon. Prices weren't bad!

Last edited:

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
Have there been any rumblings about the Cosmic Star Heroine OST getting a vinyl release? That's one of the few unannounced ones i'd really like to add to my collection.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Panzer Dragoon Saga just arrived. I think it may be one of the best releases I've seen on first impression.

I wasn't expecting a 20+ page book with game art and interviews. It even has a forward by ex-1up/EGM / BitSummit founder James Mielke!

I also like that it's a regular gate-fold sleeve and not a solid box like with the Street Fighter 2 release, so I can actually fit it into a plastic sleeve and store it properly.

Now I just have to wait till Monday to actually listen to it.

Spwni

Oct 27, 2017
Have there been any rumblings about the Cosmic Star Heroine OST getting a vinyl release? That's one of the few unannounced ones i'd really like to add to my collection.

Yes, Ship To Shore is working to release it at some point, probably this year. They seem to have a lot of stuff on their table so it's understandable that it's taking a while.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Both Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy albums are up for sale again on Amazon, if anyone was still looking for one.

https://www.amazon.com/Distant-Worlds-music-FINAL-FANTASY/dp/B079YTZ1VZ/
https://www.amazon.com/Distant-Worlds-II-music-FANTASY/dp/B07BR8DLSY/

I'm just happy to exchange the extra Distant Worlds I vinyl they sent me. Hopefully they'll send me Distant Worlds II this time.

Be careful! This same seller sent out Distant Worlds 1 when I had ordered from the Distant Worlds 2 product page. They never made any attempt to correct the issue.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
How long does Ship To Shore take to send stuff out?

I bought Celeste + B-sides + Singularity and still haven't heard anything despite Singularity coming in stock on Thursday and the others before that.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
How long does Ship To Shore take to send stuff out?

I bought Celeste + B-sides + Singularity and still haven't heard anything despite Singularity coming in stock on Thursday and the others before that.
They had A LOT of orders for Celeste. IIRC they expect to have them all shipped out before the end of this month.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered Celeste from Yetee I believe and it supposedly has left Japan and is on the way to Japan.

I'm not sure what the difference is in getting it from Yetee. Is there one?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They had A LOT of orders for Celeste. IIRC they expect to have them all shipped out before the end of this month.

Ehhhh, well, that's pretty disappointing. Maybe I underestimated their size, but taking weeks to send things out (given the time between them arriving and the end of the month, not considering Singularity as in my case) isn't great.

Guess I'll keep on waiting.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Where are you located? My copy shipped a week ago... No idea if it's a signed one but I hope so!

And yeah... Open that shit. Vinyl is meant to be played!

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really hope mine is signed. I usually have my records shipped to my parents place (in case of delays- I'm moving in like 3 months) so I haven't gotten to check yet.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Shit guys, I may have an issue.

So my Panzer Dragoon Saga from fangamer was delivered today at work in our [outdoor] community mailbox. Totally forgot to check the mail today and my business is closed for the weekend (mailbox keys are locked away)

Issue is I can't get to it until Monday and it's plus 30C (86F) where i'm at all weekend. Anyone else have a similar situation. I'm really hope I won't have a pile of mush on Monday :(

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
86F? That's nothin'!
But seriously, it should be okay. Just don't rip it open and play it right away... Once you get it inside, give it a few hours to cool down to room temp. It'll be fine .

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
86F? That's nothin'!
But seriously, it should be okay. Just don't rip it open and play it right away... Once you get it inside, give it a few hours to cool down to room temp. It'll be fine .

Oh man I hope so. I mean, in Canada, 86F is like surface of the sun hot :p

It will be sealed in a cardboard mailer within a metal mailbox sitting upright mind you, so not quite a 'in the car situation' - but I hate this helpless feeling! I'll let everyone know how it turns out on Monday. If anyone else has similar experiences please share!

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
Both Space Harrier and Celeste should be coming soon. I'm in between moving houses, so I'm going to keep checking at the old house. Don't want to do mail forwarding yet.