• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it has the main Bubble Bobble theme on it, I want it. It reminds me of childhood with my uncle.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Some people are claiming that Mondo just announced a Katamari Damacy release at MondoCon. Supposed to come out sometime next year.

EDIT: Same people says Silent Hill 2 & 3 as well.

Last edited:

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Portal thing is definitely lame on the press colors.

I'm lukewarm on the purchase as it is, but would have grabbed the Blue/Orange just because of the game tie-in. The grey just isn't gonna cut it for me, haha.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
They are selling vinyl copies of the first Distant World recording for the current Distant Worlds tour. Hope they go online eventually as I'm unable to go for any of the shows...

maigau

Oct 27, 2017
They are selling vinyl copies of the first Distant World recording for the current Distant Worlds tour. Hope they go online eventually as I'm unable to go for any of the shows...

I nabbed a copy at a recent performance, but I've yet to listen to it. I was worried initially as it wasn't listed on VGMDB.

Oct 26, 2017
I went to the Worlds show in Chicago a few months back and they had a signup for the vinyl to get first dibs, but the line was so damn long I said "screw that" and left after the show was over. It'd be cool to have, but I'm honestly not a fan of some of their arrangements anywho...especially Battle at the Big Bridge.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Managed to grab one of the Distant Worlds Vinyls from the earlier show yesterday.
P1zRRWN.jpg
y8zOiJ6.jpg

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Limited Run Games to sell a 2LP of the Nex Machina OST on their store on Friday alongside PS4 copies of the game. Limited to 500 copies:
DOA77pMW4AA1yPL.jpg:small

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see C-cassettes or MiniDisc doing a return but vinyl and digital music can coexist.

Cassettes have made a comeback of sorts, it just depends on the music you listen to.

Would love some Final Fantasy,Persona and Destiny vinyl for my collection.Nearly bought the sonic mania one when it was released then decided against it, wish i had gone through it now.

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Cassettes have made a comeback of sorts, it just depends on the music you listen to.

well, more of a curiosity collectors items or just good old punkrock demotapes for hipsters :D no "real" comeback with recordshops only selling cassettes and people really listening to cassettes all day.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
well, more of a curiosity collectors items or just good old punkrock demotapes for hipsters :D no "real" comeback with recordshops only selling cassettes and people really listening to cassettes all day.

Not gonna lie i've been tempted by some of the Bridge 9 releases on tape. They've got a new release coming out next week on tape too.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
They are doing a new pressing in December, so you'll get a chance again :)

Think i'm going to end up missing out on that one too, currently all my spare cash is mostly going towards fees/deposit for the house me and my fiance are currently in the process of buying and our wedding next year.

ennzhed

Nov 2, 2017
France
(please welcome another game soundtrack on vinyl collector, I've been lurking for month!)

Any news of the Symphony of the Night by Mondo?

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Tangentially related since it was featured in FF8, but Faye Wong's Eyes on Me just came out as a 7" last week . Anyone grab it?

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017

Oct 27, 2017
N7 day today so a requisite sale at the Bioware store. They seem to slowly upping the "discount" price of the Mass Effect trilogy vinyl soundtrack ($90 current sale) each time; I believe the lowest was $75. I was ready to buy it this time but I guess I'll hope for BF.

Since I'm posting, I hesitated on the Stardew Valley vinyl both times and now Fangamer is sold out. Any other US retailer or hopes for a restock? Or should I bite the shipping bullet and order from Gamers Edition while its still available?

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, it depends a lot on genre. In the noise scene tapes never went away, and there are multiple podcasts dedicated to DJing tape-only releases. Tabs Out for instance.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Since I'm posting, I hesitated on the Stardew Valley vinyl both times and now Fangamer is sold out. Any other US retailer or hopes for a restock? Or should I bite the shipping bullet and order from Gamers Edition while its still available?
I believe I read somewhere that Mondo will be restocking at some point, but I can't seem to find where I read it.

Oct 26, 2017

Cassettes are very popular now in ambient music. I'm seeing lots of releases on cassettes now. I've been tempted to dig out my old Walkman. My local record stores are also selling more and more cassettes, but yeah, it definitely hasn't caught on like vinyl.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been dabbling a little bit here and there. I have:

• Revenge of Shinobi (Data Discs)
  • Panzer Dragoon (Data Discs)
  • Galaxy Force II/Thunder Force (Data Discs)
  • Sonic Mania (Data Discs)
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Mondo)
  • Castlevania III: Draculas Curse (Mondo)
  • Witcher 3 (ThinkGeek?)

I also preordered The Nier Automata from SE. In non-gaming I also have the Alien 4XLP set from Mondo coming eventually.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Another one that looks nice and is a great soundtrack.

Hollow Knight $40 pre-order shipping Q2 2018.
https://ghost-ramp.myshopify.com/collections/music/products/hollowknight

dPi5taUw9Ppp8AVWkVJ8ph-1200-80.jpg
Oh wow, that is gorgeous!

EDIT: I have a referral link for Ghost Ramp that gives 20% off all orders (pretty sure it includes preorders as well): http://ghostramp.refr.cc/frederikl
I don't think I'm getting anything out of sharing it (other than being able to use the discount myself). It's still worth noting that they regularly do 25% off sales for everything on site, so it might be worth waiting for that as well for a slightly better discount.

Last edited:

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
That Hollow Knight soundtrack is cool. Wish it wasn't a picture disc but c'est la vie.
Bubble Bobble would be great on a 7 inch, but fuck flexi. What a waste. C'mon, Ship To Shore! Get with the program!