• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Oof, that Ghost Ramp sale is frustrating. I wouldn't have preordered stuff if I knew I could get 25% off by waiting before it's even out; that's like $30 saved.

I tweeted at them but I guess I should go email as well and hope I get a response.
Huh yeah that's frustrating. I just emailed them too.
FWIW I did that with a previous order and they applied the discount no problem. They've always been super helpful with stuff like that.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Heads up if any of you bought the recent EU repress of Dark Souls 2 from Bandai Namco. It seems that some (maybe all?) copies have the wrong music pressed onto side C, so it's worth checking out asap and get in touch with Bandai Namco.

The music is from another soundtrack to a game called 2Dark, which was originally pressed at the same plant. Makes me wonder if someone just figured 2Dark = Dark Souls 2.

Oct 27, 2017
Very tempted by the Policenauts.

FWIW I did that with a previous order and they applied the discount no problem. They've always been super helpful with stuff like that.

I emailed them a few days ago but they haven't responded yet. Gonna give them another try soon.

Edit: Just sent them a follow up and they got back to me pretty quick and refunded me the difference. Cool!

Last edited:

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Went for the opaque white Policenauts. From now on I'm buying what looks best rather than what's limited if I have no intention of ever selling it on.

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Not that into Policenauts, but i have to maintain my DD Limited collection :D atleast up till number 20...

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Went for the opaque white Policenauts. From now on I'm buying what looks best rather than what's limited if I have no intention of ever selling it on.
You may end up with a special edition anyway lol
PLEASE NOTE: The limited edition features a random colour effect, meaning every copy will be slightly different and have a unique combination of black and white. The opaque white edition may show some small traces of black.

BTails

Oct 26, 2017
Mmmmm, Policnauts ordered! It'll go so nicely with Ship to Shore's amazing Snatcher release.

arit

Oct 29, 2017
Should I feel sad because I did not receive a mail (yet) or because I would not have been able to order at the time they were sent out? Well, the open order it is then.

Oct 27, 2017
Should I feel sad because I did not receive a mail (yet) or because I would not have been able to order at the time they were sent out? Well, the open order it is then.

They only send to people on their mailing list and also haven't sent them out to the USA yet. If you should have got one......well I dunno. Could try Tweeting at them.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Send [email protected] an email asking for a store password and you'll get sent one almost immediately. For some reason the email list always fails to send me the store password for new items so this is how I do it.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Not that into Policenauts, but i have to maintain my DD Limited collection :D atleast up till number 20...
Daaaaamn, that must look damn good on a shelf! I planned on doing that at the beginning but didn't have the cash, so have just went for the OSTs for games I love (Streets of Rage, Gunstar Heroes, Metal Slug, Sonic Mania etc)

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess I'll need to take my chances on the LE when it goes public. I received the code, but marked the public release time as an alarm instead of the mailing list time... Ugh! When I woke up it was already sold out.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I missed the limited editions. Does mondo carry the colored versions?
There are usually three variations. One will be exclusive to DD, while Mondo will carry the other two.

So with Policenauts:
  • 2 x 180g Black and White Swirl (Limited Edition)
  • 2 x 180g Opaque White
  • 2 x 180g Classic Black
Mondo will likely have Opaque White and Classic Black.

Goody

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, shucks, I'm gonna have to wait on Mondo for this one. Which is fine since I want the white one.

punkmaggit

Oct 27, 2017
Missed it because it wouldn't work for whatever reason on my phone. Sucks, too. I emailed them and they said it was fine on their end. Oh well.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Noooo, I completely forgot about it today. I'm sad now!

If anyone has a spare LE, do let me know!

Also, I usually don't check later, but LEs never go back in stock from cancelled orders or anything right?

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Noooo, I completely forgot about it today. I'm sad now!

If anyone has a spare LE, do let me know!

Also, I usually don't check later, but LEs never go back in stock from cancelled orders or anything right?
They usually sell leftover LEs (cancelled orders, extra stock for returns, etc.) at a later date (assuming there are any). They usually announce when they put those up in advance, though, but you might have to wait some time for it to happen (again, assuming it happens).

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
vgmvinyl.jpg

There has been a big resurgence in vinyl records as collectors items. CD's are dead compared to digital/streaming media, but the vinyl record has found a new life during this era of media. Sound quality is often great, you can select tracks, coloured vinyl and big cover art with gatefold sleeves is a thing of beauty. I don't see C-cassettes or MiniDisc doing a return but vinyl and digital music can coexist.

Movie soundtracks on vinyl have never died and we've had a steady amount of great VGM released on vinyl as well!

Most of this stuff is very limited and expensive, but cool as hell as collectables.

Check lists of stuff available(released):
Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/lists/Video-Game-Music-on-Vinyl/196505
Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_soundtracks_released_on_vinyl

List of Upcoming/Rumoured titles:
https://blipblop.net/upcoming-releases/

Check this selection of under 500$ record players:
https://imgur.com/a/u7Bey

What items you have in your collection? Any lost gems?

Wow, that's awesome. I'm keeping this thread around for when I start buying some records this holiday.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Katamari, Mondo just announced a second pressing which will go sale at noon CST this Wednesday.