• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oct 27, 2017
+Katamari & Policenauts
Sorry, but feel better that you still have another chance with a DD repress.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Slug and Sonic Mania did. Those are the only two. There are probably some licensing issues that prevent (or at least makes it infeasible) to include download codes with many releases.

You know, a digital code on paper slipped into the album is always nice and appreciated, but I think we should probably be glad a lot of companies don't do the digital download via an email link like iam8bit does. It would limit your ability to cancel and get full refunds should you need to go that route. Data Discs does it right but it's probably a bit trickier to maintain a consistent space for those files online. I've given away a few codes for albums I've had for about a year, only to find out that they're not available to download anymore.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I've decided to sell one of my harder to come by records (Witcher 3 signed from SpaceLab), since there's something else I'm eyeing. That said, I'm hesitant to list it on Ebay for fear of getting scammed. Does anyone have any recommendations or trusted outlets to sell something on the pricier side?

If anyone here is interested, please feel free to PM me and we'll chat off thread. Thanks in advance.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I've decided to sell one of my harder to come by records (Witcher 3 signed from SpaceLab), since there's something else I'm eyeing. That said, I'm hesitant to list it on Ebay for fear of getting scammed. Does anyone have any recommendations or trusted outlets to sell something on the pricier side?

If anyone here is interested, please feel free to PM me and we'll chat off thread. Thanks in advance.

https://www.discogs.com

When I want to sell a record, I list it there. It's easiest if you already use the site to catalog your collection (which everyone in here should to begin with :) )

Though I did just put a bunch of stuff on ebay because of their "1 GBP final value fee" promo. Keep in mind that both ebay and discogs take about 10% of your sale price, so especially with higher priced stuff those ebay promos really come in handy.

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
Gaaah, I received my God of War from Mondo today and the journey to Sweden didn't go very well...
The box was just a flat piece of cardbord, with no padding inside. So the cover/sleve is all warped and looks terrible.
At least the discs seem ok. :(

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
That's definitely not how mondo usually sends out their records. Does it look like it might be repackaged? Anyway, contact them, they'll definitely sort you out, I've had nothing but great experience dealing with their customer service.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I tried emailing ghost ramp about getting the 25% back in the orders I placed for preorders and here is what they said:

"Since your orders were placed well outside of the time window for our Labor Day sale, unfortunately we cannot honor your request.

We hope you'll understand and thank you so much for your support!

Greg @ Team Ghost Ramp"

All I asked was to be refunded the 25% off because my items have not even shipped yet. Anyone have any luck getting their money refunded?

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
Policenauts has shipped for me.

I'm still planning out my record player set up. Will be nice to finally be able to listen to these records I'm buying.

May 30, 2018
I tried emailing ghost ramp about getting the 25% back in the orders I placed for preorders and here is what they said:

"Since your orders were placed well outside of the time window for our Labor Day sale, unfortunately we cannot honor your request.

that's some hot garbage - even iam8bit refunded me for a similar situation.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Greg @ Team Ghost Ramp"

All I asked was to be refunded the 25% off because my items have not even shipped yet. Anyone have any luck getting their money refunded?

What I did was just reorder it and ask them to cancel the original order. It took weeks for them to reply, and even then they made a big deal of it being a special thing for them to do (when... look, I get it, but your site FAQ told me to email you to cancel orders...), but they did it.

Sucks that they won't honor this for you. I'd say it might be harder to offer a partial discount but I remember someone posted saying they'd done it for them before, so...

Oct 27, 2017
They probably stopped doing it because a lot of people were requesting it. Kind of like how Google stopped replacing Nexus 6P's with Pixel XLs after news leaked out that they were doing it. I didn't manage to get a hold of Ghost Ramp's customer service until I emailed "michael" at Ghost Ramp directly (found the email on their website). Could try emailing him directly but I feel like they aren't gonna do it.

Oct 27, 2017
From IamL8bit:
Doki Doki Literature Club Vinyl Soundtrack
$28.00
01-doki_doki.jpg

• 1-Year Anniversary Edition
  • Red Smoke Vinyl
  • Music by Dan Salvato
  • Album Art by OMOCAT
  • Includes Digital Download

Ships Q1 2019

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to post a thread but it didn't get any play so I thought I'd just ask in some of the related Hangouts. Does anybody have any recommendations for books on video game music, specifically ones that talk about its history?

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida

Greg @ Team Ghost Ramp"

Did you ever get your Celeste B-sides? I remember both us never got our cassettes delivered. In the end, they sent mine after 2 follow-ups.

Btw thanks again for that Distant Worlds trade a while back....just finally played that bad boy last night!

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Did you ever get your Celeste B-sides? I remember both us never got our cassettes delivered. In the end, they sent mine after 2 follow-ups.

Btw thanks again for that Distant Worlds trade a while back....just finally played that bad boy last night!
I never got my Celeste B-sides even after messaging several times. I'm done ordering from them if they don't refund the difference. Why am I punished for ordering early?

Glad you enjoyed the record. I'm enjoying the hell out of mine.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: why are so many VGM purveyors amateur hour when it comes to customer service? It has to be the fact that they're often new, right? That's my guess.

At least 8shit is replacing my Pinata discs, hopefully the new ones they send will not be snap crackle poppers.

Also, +1 Discogs respect from me. It's redefined how I view the hobby in terms of what's readily available. I've OD'd on jazz and funk and soul thanks to it, my wife is both happy and disturbed by my rekindled mania in the past several years.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Question: why are so many VGM purveyors amateur hour when it comes to customer service? It has to be the fact that they're often new, right? That's my guess.

I think it's only in small parts to being new. I suspect it has more to do with most VGM labels being tiny teams of 2-3 people doing this next to their normal day jobs. I think iam8bit and Mondo might be the only full-time VGM labels.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I tried to post a thread but it didn't get any play so I thought I'd just ask in some of the related Hangouts. Does anybody have any recommendations for books on video game music, specifically ones that talk about its history?

I've not come across any books but have you watched the Diggin' in the Carts documentary series about Japanese game music history? The episodes are kind of scattered around the internet but most can be found.

On a sort of related note I swear a remember recently hearing about a book coming out about the Japanese games industry similar in style to Read Only Memory's Britsoft: An Oral History, but I can't find word of it anywhere now so maybe I dreamt it.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Mondo has got to be announcing/releasing the Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood Vinyl whenever the double pack is officially announced.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I've not come across any books but have you watched the Diggin' in the Carts documentary series about Japanese game music history? The episodes are kind of scattered around the internet but most can be found.

On a sort of related note I swear a remember recently hearing about a book coming out about the Japanese games industry similar in style to Read Only Memory's Britsoft: An Oral History, but I can't find word of it anywhere now so maybe I dreamt it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely be checking it out. I'm going to rely a lot on material like that for my class, but the admin gets antsy when you don't have a textbook.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Mondo has got to be announcing/releasing the Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood Vinyl whenever the double pack is officially announced.

We can only hope. They've been quiet about it, assuming that's because they know it'll go fast, and that they can charge more for it. I like Mondo...they ship fast and they're pretty cool, but this has me kinda wishing they'd hurry up already and be done with it. Then again, it might not even be in their hands. We'll see.

Oct 27, 2017
My Policenauts should be arriving this week. I never bothered to get tracking from DD but they usually take a bout a week and a half and it shipped last week.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Damn looks like all versions of Policenauts are sold out. Will they likely produce more?

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
We can only hope. They've been quiet about it, assuming that's because they know it'll go fast, and that they can charge more for it. I like Mondo...they ship fast and they're pretty cool, but this has me kinda wishing they'd hurry up already and be done with it. Then again, it might not even be in their hands. We'll see.
I have a feeling it's all coming together next month when the double game pack is likely to release and the Netflix show. Hopefully!

Oct 27, 2017
I got my Policenauts earlier today. I think I accidentally bent the cardboard case a bit taking it home which sucks but it's not a big deal. Sounds fantastic so far.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
How many volumes are there of this TLOU vinyl?

Edit: Ah I found it. It's half of the set that released way back when.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really love the original cover art for the 4xLP by Moss & Shaw, but this is really nice too.

I've been tempted a bunch of times on discogs to overpay for the set, so I'm really happy Mondo did a re-release. I'll have to keep an eye out for Vol. 2 to complete the set next year.

Thanks LaytonWright for the heads up! I might have missed it otherwise.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there's some way still to get that Uncharted felt mat? I think it was given back when the one of the uncharted vinyls was up for preorder at some event.