• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Just remember the original is a 4LP. It's very likely they repress the other 2 LPs next year though.

Yeah I see that now. Fine by me, I'll try and grab the second volume if they repress them as well. Still cheaper than buying the original ha.

From the item description on Mondo's page:
This 2XLP reissue, featuring original artwork by Sam Wolfe Connelly features all 30 tracks from Volume One of the soundtrack. (Volume Two Soundtrack coming early 2019)

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone who ordered the Katamari repress had that ship yet? It's my first experience with Mondo, I figured they would have it out by now though.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else annoyed the LRG never actually announces their Vinyl releases? I mean, most of them are skips for me, but every now and then I see one I like, but it's sold out by the time I would place an order and the reason being is I didn't even know about it!

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my turntable this week and I'm having some issues as a newbie. I got a Pro-ject Debut Recordmaster.

1) I understand when you're setting up the tonearm you're supposed to get it to float to set the dial to zero. But after I set the tracking force for the cartridge that I have (1.5g) is it still supposed to float?

2) What's a good choice for a record cleaning brush or device?

Thanks!

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
1) definitely not. Check for set-up instructions on youtube. When you get it to float you just have to turn the dial to zero, then you have to turn the whole counterweight to 1.5 so that it moves towards the pivot point.

2) any carbon brush for $10, I think audioquest is the easiest to find

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
1) definitely not. Check for set-up instructions on youtube. When you get it to float you just have to turn the dial to zero, then you have to turn the whole counterweight to 1.5 so that it moves towards the pivot point.

2) any carbon brush for $10, I think audioquest is the easiest to find
Thanks!!

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Was on my phone earlier and didn't have time to search, here's what you need to do: https://youtu.be/ge3IrcjzxTA?t=1m39s

As for the brush, this is the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ject-Bru...d=1538255597&sr=8-27&keywords=turntable+brush
Thanks again!

Yeah I watched that video before, but it didn't clarify if the tonearm was still supposed to be at equilibrium ("floating") after setting the counterweight dial to 15-18. That's what was confusing me. Because i was spending like 2 hours trying to get it to balance after that.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
So, I know I might get flamed for this, but there is probably someone here that would be interested.

I have a collection of MoonShake Records, everything but Mega Man 2, that I'm looking to part with. Before I throw it on eBay, I'll give a shot to people here that would like it. Honestly, I'm not going to let them go too cheap, since I really do like them, but I need to fix my priorities and if I can get some cash for these, they, and the rest of my vinyl can go.

PM would work best. I might put them in the BST thread for a minute before eBay.

jtdGotNl.jpg

I have 2 of the Pokemon Red and Blue, as well as one of the Banksy Spray art test prints, low number out of 100 (those have been going for $800+ on the bay) as well as the Dr Mario EP.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
The other day I bought the re-issue of the Katamari vinyl from Mondo and tonight I bought the Shadow of the Colossus one from iam8bit since it was at my local shop... ugh.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
When I saw "Tomb Raider" I went YES PLEASE!

Then I saw the link and went "come on, not another kisckstarter".

When I saw the rewards, I went:
giphy.gif

£135 for the vinyl reward. Couple this with the fanmade-level artwork, yeah, pass.

EDIT: Okay, I see you can opt for just the vinyl as a £50 add-on, so I guess technically you could get it for £55 plus shipping, which is still insane.

Last edited:

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ any word on where we can order just the US variant? BSR seems to only include it in a bundle.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
My new turntable is making super loud grinding noises at both the 33 and 45rpm speeds. It does this even with the belt and platter off, so I'm guessing it's a motor issue. Anyone know if there's any easy way to fix this or am I gonna have to send it to a repair shop?

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
My new turntable is making super loud grinding noises at both the 33 and 45rpm speeds. It does this even with the belt and platter off, so I'm guessing it's a motor issue. Anyone know if there's any easy way to fix this or am I gonna have to send it to a repair shop?

How old is your Debut? If it's still within warranty, get it replaced, usually any motor issues aren't really "fixable".

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
How old is your Debut? If it's still within warranty, get it replaced, usually any motor issues aren't really "fixable".
I just got it but if was from eBay. It was sealed and new but the seller says he doesn't have the receipt. So i guess I gotta return it or see if he wants to pay for the repair.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
They have 25% off all records today only with the code "PARISHILTON", so might be a good deal for anyone looking to grab this.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not into Snatcher, and I did hear about the code before (probably even from you in that FB group), but I still checked to see if by any chance the previously sold out Celeste is up. And it was! :) Was really bummed to miss out on that variant, and now I got it at a really solid price too.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here own the Your Name (Radwimps) soundtrack LP? I'm hoping someone can vouch for the quality before I buy it.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, what release is this referring to?
I thought most of the prominent bootleg releases were pretty safe ones that had no trajectory of official release...?
Mega Man maybe? Quite a few MM bootlegs out there, and DD has only announced one title from its Capcom collaboration, which itself was announced way the hell back in March or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Bootlegs I am aware of:

Jet Set Radio/Future?
Sonic 2
Ecco the Dolphin
Cave Story
Doom
Um Jammer Lammy
Legend of Zelda
Super/Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
Yoshi's Island
Mario 64
F-zero
Dr Mario
Mega Man II
Mega Man/Mega Man III
CheetahMen

I'm sure there's more...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here own the Your Name (Radwimps) soundtrack LP? I'm hoping someone can vouch for the quality before I buy it.

Extremely late, but: I also have this and also have not listened in a while (or to anything... my cat's claimed my record player as a bed, and I've been lazy about getting around to setting the wiring back up safely, so it's stored away...) but also remember it being good quality.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Bootlegs I am aware of:

Jet Set Radio/Future?
Sonic 2
Ecco the Dolphin
Cave Story
Doom
Um Jammer Lammy
Legend of Zelda
Super/Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
Yoshi's Island
Mario 64
F-zero
Dr Mario
Mega Man II
Mega Man/Mega Man III
CheetahMen

I'm sure there's more...
Man if bootleggers killed an official JSR vinyl...

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Bootlegs I am aware of:

Jet Set Radio/Future?
Sonic 2
Ecco the Dolphin
Cave Story
Doom
Um Jammer Lammy
Legend of Zelda
Super/Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
Yoshi's Island
Mario 64
F-zero
Dr Mario
Mega Man II
Mega Man/Mega Man III

CheetahMen

I'm sure there's more...

I seriously doubt it's any Nintendo properties. They're not partnered up with anyone, far as I'm aware.
Capcom's Mega Man stuff was getting released officially through other groups, so I'm not sure it's them either.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I just listed everything I'm aware of. I'm not too sure what it could be.
If this killed a Nintendo deal... (probably not)
Castlevania has been moving forward with Mondo despite the bootleg.
Sega has been cozy with DD so I'm not too sure anything here could change that unless Sega really doesn't want their release to be confused with a bootleg.
MM has been released through SpaceLab9 and the Rockman 1-3 was released directly through Capcom.

Oct 26, 2017
If I owned bootlegs that later got official releases, I'd happily double dip. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see what they're worried about.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Its was Ecco....so no great loss i guess.

But id rather DD had kept it to themselves and not posted about it.......ignorance is bliss and all that