• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | 45rpm All new cartridge

Oct 25, 2017
While DQXI is certainly not my fav DQ OST, having at least one of the soundtracks on vinyl was appealing enough that I preordered through Amazon.co.jp, so thanks for the heads up on that.

Oct 27, 2017
🚨 Mondo is releasing Silent Hill 2 soundtrack on vinyl 🚨

^ starts at ~ 8:00
Hellz yeah. Love that Konami is working with them on soundtracks. They have been putting out quality stuff for a while. Last of us box set and katamari are my favorite releases so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Was Jim Guthrie supposed to put up the vinyl version of the Below soundtrack sometime this month? I thought I read that... Doesn't seem to be any new movement on such. Played the game over the holiday break a little and was very disappointed, but I really loved the music I heard so I'm really looking forward to that.

Oct 26, 2017
Was Jim Guthrie supposed to put up the vinyl version of the Below soundtrack sometime this month? I thought I read that... Doesn't seem to be any new movement on such. Played the game over the holiday break a little and was very disappointed, but I really loved the music I heard so I'm really looking forward to that.
IIRC he posted that it'll be in either February or March.

Oct 27, 2017
That release is going to be bonkers. I mean, SH2 must be the most anticipated VGM vinyl ... like, ever, right?
Buckle up, buckaroos.
Eh, it'll be fine. Even if you happen to miss out, Mondo's track record on represses is decent. They do it as often as there's evidence of demand.
Just have to see their history of mainstream & niche soundtracks, various Castlevania releases, and even Last of Us for precedent.

Oct 26, 2017
A little shameless self-promo here. I'm currently doing a giveaway with Black Screen Records where two lucky people will win copies of the Earthworm Jim Hue, and Deadbolt soundtracks. No following, sharing, selling your firstborn, etc. is required for participating: https://blipblop.net/contests/contest-blip-blop-black-screen-records-new-years-giveaway/
Entered! rpbtz, thank you for being the ultimate best source of VGM news out here. As for your question, what title would we like to see on vinyl from Black Screen Records, I picked "VVVVVV". I would LOVE to see that soundtrack released, and I think it would fit BSR's style perfectly.

Oct 26, 2017
Entered! rpbtz, thank you for being the ultimate best source of VGM news out here. As for your question, what title would we like to see on vinyl from Black Screen Records, I picked "VVVVVV". I would LOVE to see that soundtrack released, and I think it would fit BSR's style perfectly.
Thanks man ^^
VVVVVV has great soundtrack. I'm surprised it hasn't been released by anyone yet!

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 29, 2017
Britannia
Oct 26, 2017
man i wanna hear this soundtrack first before i buy it but i don't think it's up anywhere?
There's a few tracks up on the composer's SoundCloud, but that's all I've been able to find so far. One of them was uploaded yesterday, so he'll probably add more eventually. It's pretty good imo.
- https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/pikuniku-forest-town
- https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/pikuniku-the-mountain-village
- https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/pikuniku-take-on-mr-sunshine

Oct 25, 2017
Scooped up Sonic Adventure 2 when it was briefly rereleased on Bandcamp the other day. Super lucky, I'd gotten only SA1 when they launched and thought I had long missed my chance to complete the set. Bummer I wasn't able to get the box set at the time but that's ok

Turns out I can't ge enough of Zelda and Chill. Wondering if there are more video game inspired "lo-fi" tunes like this?
For sure, but not necessarily on Vinyl though.
  • Pokerus Project - Lo-fi 1UP - Relaxing Video Game Music
  • Sean Schafianski - Jazz Arrange Version: Final Fantasy IV
  • A L E X - Growing Up, Vol. 1
  • A L E X - Growing Up, Vol. 2
  • Shag - Flyrule
  • Shag - Flyrule: A Terrible Fate
These are just a couple examples of some albums. Here’s a solid gem to listen to:

Oct 25, 2017
When was this running.....and how did I miss this!?!?!? Crap.....
Ah, damn. :(

I caught an email (? maybe Twitter) notification from Brave Wave saying they were selling their last set of leftover stock. Got it for $50. Fwiw man I saw one person selling it on Discogs for the same price Mint!! Probably gonna have to pay more for shipping but just a heads up.

Ah, damn. :(

I caught an email (? maybe Twitter) notification from Brave Wave saying they were selling their last set of leftover stock. Got it for $50. Fwiw man I saw one person selling it on Discogs for the same price Mint!! Probably gonna have to pay more for shipping but just a heads up.
Good deal, thanks Sami . Just scooped up the Discogs copy from France.

FWIW, the Vinyl / 45 RPM community is continually amazing. Good people in here. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Good deal, thanks Sami . Just scooped up the Discogs copy from France.

FWIW, the Vinyl / 45 RPM community is continually amazing. Good people in here. Thanks.
Cheers man! That's the one. All the other prices were wacky.

And yeah! I don't post much in here but I definitely enjoy popping in to lurk haha. Helps keep track of news too lol.