• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SavageCobra

Oct 27, 2017
Ebay mobile app has 15% off your cart with code PSAVETODAY

No minimum, max $100 off. Works on your whole cart so you can buy multiple items from different sellers. Excludes most categories but works on Vinyl.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's iam8bit and I know it's expensive, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't sleep on this vinyl. The best gaming soundtrack of this generation, an utter masterpiece. The game was my GOTY last year too.
https://store.iam8bit.com/products/the-messenger-2xlp
2pIpqmo.jpg

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that The Messenger's soundtrack is a masterpiece. But no. iam8bit is still on my shitlist, as bad as I want that soundtrack.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that The Messenger's soundtrack is a masterpiece. But no. iam8bit is still on my shitlist, as bad as I want that soundtrack.

Same. I had a few preordered albums from last year but since that last one I've cut them out entirely. If they improve their CS and lead times then maybe I'll start buying from them again, but until they stop charging nearly $30 for a single LP (looking at you Doki Doki Literature and Florence), I'm done with them.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Very ignorant question, but I thought another label already is putting out another stuff? Is there a licensed vs unlicensed aspect? Is there anything I should be aware of when looking into game soundtracks on this level?

I think this is literally a remix album called "Mother Fucking Earthbound", compared to the game's actual soundtrack that's been released elsewhere.

...it also took me a minute to work it out myself when I first saw the post, so I can't blame you for being confused.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Hey that's my album!! It's a cover album! The songs are straight covers (every voice on all the songs is represented with live instruments) but i tried approaching them a little more weird with a ton of energy! 11 guest musicians but.. me playing most of everything. It's 21 songs and an hour worth a music with TONS of deep cuts. (Like Hi Hi Hi and Welcome Home)

Also this is 100% licensed.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey that's my album!! It's a cover album! The songs are straight covers (every voice on all the songs is represented with live instruments) but i tried approaching them a little more weird with a ton of energy! 11 guest musicians but.. me playing most of everything. It's 21 songs and an hour worth a music with TONS of deep cuts. (Like Hi Hi Hi and Welcome Home)

Can I listen to the record or a single or something anywhere before buying it? I love your Kirby's Dream Band LP so I'm very curious to hear the Mother album! The artwork looks sick.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Can I listen to the record or a single or something anywhere before buying it? I love your Kirby's Dream Band LP so I'm very curious to hear the Mother album! The artwork looks sick.
I'm trying to find someone to make like a music video of some sort as a promo. We are gonna unleash singles along the way and then release digitally when orders go up! Thank you! If you are curious what my musical style is i have another solo album called "alberto fucking Gonzales" on bandcamp and spotify and itunes. Lots of energy. All the right notes, and silly synths.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the reply! I'll be sure to check it out.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
one popped up on Discogs, had to get it for the glorious Ys goodness.

falcom.jpg
I have this one too - it's awesome! One of the best G.M.O. compilations out there. It would be so awesome if a label could manage to work with Nihon Falcom for some new Ys releases (and re-releases of those that came out in the 80s).

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
For other UK folk, Zavvi have the Silent Hill 2 LP up for pre-order. It's £36.99 with the release date listed as 30th April. If you're a new customer to Zavvi, try using the discount code 'WELCOME', they used to offer 10% off but I'm unsure if they still do. Worth a try regardless.

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/m...inal-video-game-soundtrack-2xlp/12071274.html

I pre-ordered just to be safe but will keep a look out for it turning up cheaper elsewhere.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
For other UK folk, Zavvi have the Silent Hill 2 LP up for pre-order. It's £36.99 with the release date listed as 30th April. If you're a new customer to Zavvi, try using the discount code 'WELCOME', they used to offer 10% off but I'm unsure if they still do. Worth a try regardless.

https://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/m...inal-video-game-soundtrack-2xlp/12071274.html

I pre-ordered just to be safe but will keep a look out for it turning up cheaper elsewhere.

It's black vinyl too. That's even better for those that missed out on Mondo's release.

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I have this one too - it's awesome! One of the best G.M.O. compilations out there. It would be so awesome if a label could manage to work with Nihon Falcom for some new Ys releases (and re-releases of those that came out in the 80s).

yeah, hoping that when DataDiscs are "done" with Sega they will focus on Falcom :D so much good stuff on those soundtracks through the ages.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Both silent hill albums are available for preorder at Black Screen Records: the first silent hill vinyls are white, and the second ones are black.

Not sure if i should buy the first one tho.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24450

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I thought there would be some quote or the patented "!" on the back, but it is pretty much a direct confirmation and not a tease. ;p