• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame but I'll take it regardless. MGS is one of the few remaining vinyl releases I've been waiting for, the other being some of the Ace Combat games but I don't know that there's any demand for that.

Just ordered DOOM 2016's soundtrack for £18.50 with a £5 off voucher they gave me for some reason. It's only the 2xLP release but I checked and there's maybe only 3 additional tracks on the 4x that I really would've liked to have.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah MGS! Please please please sound as good as the Silent Hill 2 release! 🙏

giphy.gif

Unfortunately that's the last VGM record release I plan on purchasing. 😆 Since no one wants to reprint Hotline Miami in a more affordable fashion, I'm content to be surprised by announcements on the horizon. It'd be a lot harder on the wallet if iam8bit ever used decent printing practices, but since they sound like absolute dog shit I skip them outright.

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Neither cover is all that hot. I don't know who has final say on that sort of thing but imagine not using Yoji fucking Shinkawa's iconic art for a MGS release.

Mondo always commissions new art for their releases, it's abit hit and miss. The literal-snake Snake-head cover doesn't seem that bad from this angle but yeah, would have preferred the original,

7Pks8iR.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm curious, did any of y'all manage to pick up the Lisa The Painful vinyl back when it was released.
I've been attempting to track down a copy and it seems exceedingly uncommon.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious, did any of y'all manage to pick up the Lisa The Painful vinyl back when it was released.
I've been attempting to track down a copy and it seems exceedingly uncommon.
I have one that I bought back then. It was actually available for quite some time, but people aren't willing to sell their copies it seems. Someone reached out to Ghost Ramp not that long ago and they confirmed they're doing a repress, although there's no ETA for that one yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have one that I bought back then. It was actually available for quite some time, but people aren't willing to sell their copies it seems. Someone reached out to Ghost Ramp not that long ago and they confirmed they're doing a repress, although there's no ETA for that one yet.
Oh nice that's really good to hear.

And yeah, I wasn't buying vinyls then so I completely missed that window.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking up the Cuphead LP and it looks like it's on iam8bit? Is the quality okay?

Also, the 4 LP is sold out and they're releasing a 2 LP set in the fall is seems. Seems too bad to downgrade like that, but if it's okay, I may pick it up.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Oooh, I just finished Wandersomg recently so I'll bite on this, thanks.

I haven't really used my player in like... a year, and I've bought more stuff already, so it's really time to dust it off (and get my cat to deal with napping on it less) and start playing them. And so maybe it's not the best idea to buy another thing...

but I just realized that after I finally sent back the duplicate order Ghost Ramp sent me by accident earlier this year, they actually just straight up gave me a full refund on the order instead of the discount code they said they'd give me... so I'll throw a little of that money back their way, sure

jasno416

Oct 29, 2017
amazon.ca cancelled my FFVII pre-order -___-

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #702XXXXXblahblah. We recently discovered an error that caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Final Fantasy Vii Remake And Final Fantasy Vii Vinyl

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price(s). Therefore, we've cancelled your order for the item(s), and you haven't been charged.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.ca

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How's the fog vinyl design for Silent Hill 2? Does it look decent in person.

I have the option between default or the "Fog / Red Black swirl combo".

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
With regards to turntables, my old one went kaput. I need a replacement, and would appreciate it if someone could recommend me a solid turntable for my vinyl means.

Anything goes as long as it's not a Crosley :D

But depends on your budget of course, you can dump all your money in one too if you are well off. Also on how much space and what aesthetic you want :D But as a decent Technics clone, i would recommend Audio-Technica LP120 that's around 300$
OP still has this link to a gallery of sub-500$ tables: https://imgur.com/a/u7Bey

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
I take cvxfreak's posts in the SOR thread as a soft-confirm that Brave Wave is doing the soundtrack release. Plus they've previously released Shimmomura's SF2 and Yamagishi's Ninja Gaiden soundtracks on there Generations and both composers are involved in SOR4.

Only downside is I'm expecting a $70+ pricetag, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I take cvxfreak's posts in the SOR thread as a soft-confirm that Brave Wave is doing the soundtrack release. Plus they've previously released Shimmomura's SF2 and Yamagishi's Ninja Gaiden soundtracks on there Generations and both composers are involved in SOR4.

Only downside is I'm expecting a $70+ pricetag, lol.
I can't imagine it that high. For a contemporary release, Shovel Knight was ~$35? (for some reason I can't find the price listing). Their higher prices are due to the work needed to source and work the sound from older games.
Also, there is a chance of LRG or similar doing a physical game release, and they have also gotten into publishing vinyl.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ It's Laced. It's in good hands. :)

edit: (I guess they did picture discs for Shadow Warrior, but that's it. I think it's safe to bet Bloodborne won't be)

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I was about to pull the trigger on this new Bloodborne vinyl release, but it seems incomplete without Old Hunters.

Still a gorgeous looking sleeve and awesome limited edition wax color so I might bite eventually.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they gave a ;) reply to someone on twitter suggesting Old Hunters might be in an upcoming release. Not sure if that's a separate one, or a "Complete" package with everything. Hopefully both.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I think I might sit this one out for now. Old Hunters has several of my favourite tracks in the game so if they've given even a small hint that something else is coming then I can wait.

Very nicely put together set though.