• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Laced just announced RE:CVX and RE:0 vinyl:
utTfKYo.png

May 30, 2018
EDIT: deleted post complaining about iam8bit not refunding a not-yet-fulfilled order or retroactively applying a discount code because i'm tired and it's not worth the 15 bucks i might save. whatever.

Last edited:

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Jak And Daxter 2LP release. It's been announced by Limited Run, but the release is being done by Fangamer, so I think it's fair to assume that they will get copies as well:

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
TJ&E: Back in the Groove reissue coming from Enjoy The Ride. I think it's got the same tracks as the 2017 release, but it's got new art and a new etching (EDIT: it's a screen print and not an etching). Goes up for sale on Friday.

Last edited:

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been following this thread in a while. But has there been any mention of vinyl releases for Death Stranding? Either the Score or Soundtrack?

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Ludvig Forssell one is definitely coming. Probably one for the licensed tracks too if they feel confident.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Just found out about the Ruiner vinyl, that whole package is the bomb. Shame that the only people selling it want like $200 on discogs. How often do LRG reissue vinyls?

Gonna buy the Horizon and Tetris OSTs.
Colored is tacky. I like the classic look of a black record.
Coloured vinyl look better on a record player. I mean look at this:
Shit's stylish lol.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out about the Ruiner vinyl, that whole package is the bomb. Shame that the only people selling it want like $200 on discogs. How often do LRG reissue vinyls?

Gonna buy the Horizon and Tetris OSTs.

Coloured vinyl look better on a record player. I mean look at this:

Shit's stylish lol.

I'll agree to disagree.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
there's a 2xlp black, so not the full tracklist

but why the aversion to colored, surely not "black sounds better" myth?

I believe it's been proven to NOT be a myth, and I think stuff has been linked here to detail the data once or twice, but if you have debunking information available I'd personally like to read it.

From what I've gleaned in the past solid, uniform color records in general are on nearly equal footing. Black supposedly has a negligible advantage, but I've read you'd need a grand audio setup to detect the difference. That said, patterns, swirls and splatter are supposedly a notch below that, with picture discs a good distance under all of those in sound quality. Personally speaking, I can really hear the drop in quality on picture discs so I actively avoid them, but I don't really hear a loss if I compare black records to the other types. Aesthetically speaking, I kinda favor black or solids myself.

Everyone's mileage and tastes varies wildly, though. To each his own.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
New Rocket League 2LP from iam8bit. Different tracklist than the 3LP with no overlapping tracks (as far as I can tell):

New Chrono Cross arrangement up for preorder from Materia Collective:

LRG only distributed it, it was released by Laced Records.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I believe it's been proven to NOT be a myth, and I think stuff has been linked here to detail the data once or twice, but if you have debunking information available I'd personally like to read it.

From what I've gleaned in the past solid, uniform color records in general are on nearly equal footing. Black supposedly has a negligible advantage, but I've read you'd need a grand audio setup to detect the difference. That said, patterns, swirls and splatter are supposedly a notch below that, with picture discs a good distance under all of those in sound quality. Personally speaking, I can really hear the drop in quality on picture discs so I actively avoid them, but I don't really hear a loss if I compare black records to the other types. Aesthetically speaking, I kinda favor black or solids myself.

This is all true, only missing clear vinyl. Clear is measured to actually be the best sounding (fun fact, black is also technically "colored", pure pvc is clear-ish). But this is all in theory, as so many other factors decide how your records will actually sound. Very few records we buy are made to the standard where there would be even a possibility of an audible difference between solid color / transparent color / black, and that's if your setup is able to show the difference as you mentioned, so it's definitely not something worth obsessing over.

Other color patterns / combinations aren't as innocent unfortunately and can show an audible degradation in sound quality even on an entry level setup, so it's definitely something to consider.

So yeah, while technically not a "myth", in real world application it might as well be :)

Oct 27, 2017
People please let my wallet lie dormant. I thought September was bad but nothings letting up vinyl, gaming or otherwise.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they did the same for Daemon x Machina. They're starting to pick up some imports here and there.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled the trigger on Limited Run's 5LP Tetris set today. For those wondering, domestic US shipping wasn't too bad. It tacked $8.29 on it.

Oct 27, 2017
I just dropped way too much to fix my car. I'm going to stretch this one out. Someone please remind me before it closes.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Am expecting some good deals to be posted here with Black Friday around the corner! Really want that 7" Sayonara Wild Hearts from the last page, but $21 postage for a $8 record is just too much :( hate living in Australia for vinyl.