• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
As far as soundtracks go, I think I'm more excited for Rondo. Not to diminish SotN, but I've always liked Rondo/X quite a bit.

Double bonus, they may arrive in time for my birthday, in which case, the kids will "give" them to me. If not, then they'll "give" them to me for X-Mas. Either way it's a win, and I'm a patient enough person when I know it's a simple matter of time.

BTails

Oct 26, 2017
Castlevania is now by far the game series I have the most soundtracks for on vinyl! Between CV1-4, Rondo, SotN, and Kid Dracula, that's 11 records! Next closest would be if you lump all the Sega Super Scaler games as one series (Outrun, Super Hang-On, After Burner 2, Space Harrier, though i'm still missing Galaxy Force 2).

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought SotN. Don't even have a turntable smh

I've been trying hard to resist collecting another thing, but there's so much classic video game and anime music out there these days on vinyl.

edit: doubled back and bought Rondo also

tenor.gif

Last edited:

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought SotN. Don't even have a turntable smh

I've been trying hard to resist collecting another thing, but there's so much classic video game and anime music out there these days on vinyl.
Anime music? I'm afraid to ask (or go too off-topic), but are you importing or are there good western sources for anime soundtracks?

I'd love to get the Bubblegum Crisis releases from the '80's, but I've only seen them on Discogs and I'd rather go through actual retailers if I can.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Anime music? I'm afraid to ask (or go too off-topic), but are you importing or are there good western sources for anime soundtracks?

I'd love to get the Bubblegum Crisis releases from the '80's, but I've only seen them on Discogs and I'd rather go through actual retailers if I can.
Ah, probably imports. Apologies.

I've just seen a few YouTubers I follow (like HappyConsoleGamer) getting into vinyl, in particular classic anime vinyl, but it seems like they're mostly imports.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I think I would have got the red version if it wasn't translucent. I have have yet to hear a quality sounding translucent record, Perfect Blue is probably the closest but it still has noticeably more noise.

Good day for the Vinyl, ordered SotN and Xenogears and Okami have shipped.
My Xenogears shipped yesterday, going to be so good

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Scalpers already have Rondo listed on ebay for around $100. SotN listings are $100+. Sheesh
If you look at the prices for the previous Mondo Castlevania releases on Discogs, they leveled out over time. Even the limited ones are not going for much above retail. This will probably do the same.

You want to see some really bad scalping? Check out any of the vaporwave or future funk resellers. Timeless is going to cost me like $200.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, no reason to buy any Castlevania vinyl from a reseller. Most of them are getting reprinted or you can find a number of them on Amazon. I just hope when they put Rondo back up that it's the Red and Blue coloring still.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Of course Rondo and SotN drops while I'm on vacation. :/

At least I managed to get SotN. I got the splatter, because I generally like splatter records if I have to pick non-black.

Here's to hoping they reprint Rondo soon.

Random-ish Konami vinyl side note: has there been a Metal Gear Solid vinyl run released/announced that I haven't heard of? I mean, I want Silent Hill 2 before anything else, but I won't say no to some MGS on vinyl.

Edit: I also just noticed that the Mondo announcement email indicates that Rondo is

Mondo said:
the next in our on-going CASTLEVANIA soundtrack series

I may be reading too much into this, but I wonder if they're planning on continuing with the GBA/DS games, or even Castlevania 64? I mean, I'd get Castlevania 64 just for the title track:

https://youtu.be/DQTPH4vVUWY

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random-ish Konami vinyl side note: has there been a Metal Gear Solid vinyl run released/announced that I haven't heard of? I mean, I want Silent Hill 2 before anything else, but I won't say no to some MGS on vinyl.
Literally the soundtrack to make me jump and pay day one, I've been wanting that first one for so long! Not a fan of the bombastic orchestral sequels, but those synths in the first are fine wine.

Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid, and motherfucking Bloodborne.

I dont see prices ever going down because these releases are so limited though. I probably still wouldn't buy it, but I got an absurd amount for my NGE vinyl so I have money to spend.
I know, and I also agree.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was originally only planning on getting SOTN (red vinyl), but...when I found out that Rondo also included the SNES Dracula X tracks, it convinced me to order that one, too...

Oct 27, 2017
I was taking my midterm so I missed out on Castlevania. Just gives me more time to decide if I'll actually listen to either of them.

I dont see prices ever going down because these releases are so limited though. I probably still wouldn't buy it, but I got an absurd amount for my NGE vinyl so I have money to spend.
^Why didn't you hook a brother up... :( I hate that I hesitated on that one.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Xenogears arrived for me today from Amazon Japan (shipping to UK). Looks beautiful as expected.

Glad to see news of Okami finally shipping for some.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
My Rockman 1-3 from Amazon Japan is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Anyone else have theirs shipping?

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed both new Castlevania's yesterday and my Okami set shipped out today. Xenogears and Rockman 1-3 should ship out soon too. Lots of good stuff going on.

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Woooo!!! Just got my Data Discs shipping confirmation for Okami. Just letting everyone know to be on the lookout. :)

Says delivery is about ~1 week for EU, and about ~ 2 weeks for USA delivery.

This'll be my first DD record....excited to see what all the hype is about.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Woooo!!! Just got my Data Discs shipping confirmation for Okami. Just letting everyone know to be on the lookout. :)

Says delivery is about ~1 week for EU, and about ~ 2 weeks for USA delivery.

This'll be my first DD record....excited to see what all the hype is about.
You're in for a treat. They consistently put out the best looking and more importantly best sounding records in a timely fashion. Definitely my favorite label. I have every release and have only played about half the games. Cant wait to see what they come up with capcom. Here's to hoping we get some Resident Evil soundtracks!

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've listened to my Xenogears Shinkaku vinyl, just wanna say I would pay a stupid amount of money for one big box set that contains all the Revival tracks, all of Myth, and all of Creid.

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
Whew I haven't bought any vinyl in 6 months, and this week was brutal. SOTN, Rondo, Xenogears, and Megaman 1-3. That's close to $150. Ouch.

I just received a shipping notification for Xeno and Megaman. No more vinyl for me till 2019.

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
For those that ordered the Forza Horizon 4 Hospital Records Vinyl and had your orders ship, check your online order for a download link for the 6 tracks on the release.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Rockman1-3 vinyl from Amazon JP (was delivered Friday). Also got a shipping notification this morning for Mondo's SOTN and Rondo already. Speedy as fuck.