• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
ETR074.2_1_2048x.jpg

Enjoy The Ride Records is proud to announce the release of Mortal Kombat I and II - Music From The Arcade Game Soundtracks. Composed by Dan Forden (some of you may remember him from the game - he's the dude who appears in MKII and says "Toasty!" is a perfect falsetto), the iconic music for one of the 90s most popular video games is now available for the first time on vinyl. The music to the games was previously only available on CD via mail order - fans had to send a check and pre-paid postage to Forden's PO Box in order to secure the score. In celebration of 25 Years of Mortal Kombat II, this release will be available in three exclusive ninja colors, housed in a 400 gsm jacket.

Enjoy The Ride Records is the exclusive retailer for three variants: Scorpion Yellow (limited to 400 copies), Reptile Green (limited to 200 copies) and Sub Zero Blue (limited to 400 copies). Our friends at ThinkGeek will be carrying an exclusive picture disc, which is limited to 1,000 copies.

https://enjoytheriderecords.com/col...cts/mortal-kombat-1-2-arcade-game-soundtracks

Oct 27, 2017
sigh...
Stardew Valley (in)Complete First pressing for sale here.

Why didn't they have an upgrade path?

Oct 26, 2017

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, i already preordered them (Sotn and Rondo) on BSR, but i look forward to see that DD Rondo variant.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
I really want the Stardew vinyl, but really don't want to spend money on it right now. Are we expecting it to be extremely limited again?

I could really ask the same about the Mother 1 vinyl.

Whenever I responsibly budget enough for the record player setup I want something comes out!

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
why does Yetee have Gradius III for sale at $25,

versus the official shiptoshore release at $36??

the Yetee release somehow is only single LP?

-EDIT-

ah crap, also STS copy of Cosmic Star Heroine is significantly cheaper than limited run's

>_<

that really sucks coz LRG variant is much cleaner.

I really hate variant vinyls t(-_-t) like, just release one and make it easy for us...

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Man, can't skip a few days of news without missing out on something. Would have been cool to get those MK records but all 3 are sold out.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
yay, LRG at the last moment dropped the price of CSH vinyl by $4; picked that up.

Also picked up Gradius splatters from STS. I like the Yetee variants better, but the colors of the official release actually match the covers, unlike the Yetee versions which just appear random.

also I'm starting to hate splatter vinyl color coz too many releases are splatter... yet I still chose this variant over the clear becoz the color matches the cover >_<

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
FYI, BSR has currently a 15% discount code for both distro and their own releases.

I could have preordered the castlevanias vinyls today instead of when i did, and the preorder is already paid.

Shit.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up.
A touch pricier than I wanted them to be, and falling together didn't help, but I love me some Gradius.
Any word if STS is putting out Life Force?

If your from Europe area you can get shipping for cheaper from Black Screen Records. There was a discount code on Friday. 'blackscreenfriday' not sure if it still works

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
If your from Europe area you can get shipping for cheaper from Black Screen Records. There was a discount code on Friday. 'blackscreenfriday' not sure if it still works
Yeah, I knew about that. At the time I placed the order it was supposed to be working, but it didn't take. I placed the order and emailed them immediately after to see if they can apply it. Guess we'll see what happens.

They are. No ETA on when exactly, though.
Awesome, either I forgot about this or just missed it. Thanks!

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I've teamed up with the Video Game Grooves podcast again this year for a Best of 2018 podcast and we're looking to hear what people's favorite VGM vinyl releases from this year have been. We have a vote up now, which is open from now and until December 7 where you can pick your top 3: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCBx2eu6vOG2ugsqSM_6cPaF_F7vER1dpiOtXxV5FxhFVUBw/viewform

Oh man, just three?!

I picked:
- Hollow Knight
- Katamari Damacy
- Symphony of the Night

Runner Up: would have liked to have voted for Wonder Boy: Thr Dragon's Trap.
Thumbs Down: Monument Valley II (because of the pressing's quality and the disappointment I felt, not the actual score)

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Brave Wave + Fangamer with the new Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment release:

https://bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave/music/shovel-knight-specter-of-torment-the-definitive-soundtrack

PRE-ORDERS BEGIN TODAY IN EUROPE; DEC. 4 IN NORTH AMERICA!
GS-008 Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment The Definitive Soundtrack brings all 25 exciting tracks from the game's second expansion pack to both CD and vinyl for the first time. In addition to their debut on physical formats, we are also proud to bring the soundtrack to iTunes and streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music for the first time!

Esteemed Japanese illustrator Hitoshi Ariga (Mega Man, Pokémon) lends his talents once again to design a brand new cover for the soundtrack as seen above, with coloring done by Ayano Koshiro (Streets of Rage). Both the 1-CD and 1-LP gatefold packages will contain the complete tracklist crafted by the talented Jake Kaufman, while the vinyl release will also include a download code containing the complete digital soundtrack. The CD will release by early January, while the vinyl is scheduled to release in January 2019.
Pre-orders for both variants begin on the following dates, depending on your region:

• Europe/Australia/Middle East:
    November 27, 2018 at BigWax (€38.40 incl. VAT) - NOW AVAILABLE
  • North America:
    December 4, 2018 at 10:00AM PST at Fangamer ($36)
Please note that Europe and North America will have separate allocations for the limited edition variant. Customers should order from the store corresponding to their own region.

I'll be waiting on Fangamer's release for US shipping prices.