• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
While DQXI is certainly not my fav DQ OST, having at least one of the soundtracks on vinyl was appealing enough that I preordered through Amazon.co.jp, so thanks for the heads up on that.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Was Jim Guthrie supposed to put up the vinyl version of the Below soundtrack sometime this month? I thought I read that... Doesn't seem to be any new movement on such. Played the game over the holiday break a little and was very disappointed, but I really loved the music I heard so I'm really looking forward to that.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Was Jim Guthrie supposed to put up the vinyl version of the Below soundtrack sometime this month? I thought I read that... Doesn't seem to be any new movement on such. Played the game over the holiday break a little and was very disappointed, but I really loved the music I heard so I'm really looking forward to that.
IIRC he posted that it'll be in either February or March.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
That release is going to be bonkers. I mean, SH2 must be the most anticipated VGM vinyl ... like, ever, right?
Buckle up, buckaroos.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
That release is going to be bonkers. I mean, SH2 must be the most anticipated VGM vinyl ... like, ever, right?
Buckle up, buckaroos.

Eh, it'll be fine. Even if you happen to miss out, Mondo's track record on represses is decent. They do it as often as there's evidence of demand.
Just have to see their history of mainstream & niche soundtracks, various Castlevania releases, and even Last of Us for precedent.

BTails

Oct 26, 2017
A little shameless self-promo here. I'm currently doing a giveaway with Black Screen Records where two lucky people will win copies of the Earthworm Jim Hue, and Deadbolt soundtracks. No following, sharing, selling your firstborn, etc. is required for participating: https://blipblop.net/contests/contest-blip-blop-black-screen-records-new-years-giveaway/

Entered! rpbtz, thank you for being the ultimate best source of VGM news out here. As for your question, what title would we like to see on vinyl from Black Screen Records, I picked "VVVVVV". I would LOVE to see that soundtrack released, and I think it would fit BSR's style perfectly.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Entered! rpbtz, thank you for being the ultimate best source of VGM news out here. As for your question, what title would we like to see on vinyl from Black Screen Records, I picked "VVVVVV". I would LOVE to see that soundtrack released, and I think it would fit BSR's style perfectly.
Thanks man ^^
VVVVVV has great soundtrack. I'm surprised it hasn't been released by anyone yet!

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
A little shameless self-promo here. I'm currently doing a giveaway with Black Screen Records where two lucky people will win copies of the Earthworm Jim Hue, and Deadbolt soundtracks. No following, sharing, selling your firstborn, etc. is required for participating: https://blipblop.net/contests/contest-blip-blop-black-screen-records-new-years-giveaway/
Awesome :)

I picked Double Dragon Neon, just an incredible soundtrack overall and perfect for vinyl.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the Doom 216 vinyl release for Laced records, are the extra tracks included in the 4 vinyl release worth it over the 2 vinyl release version?

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...yeah, I feel weird saying I'd buy a record of OS/menu music, but for the Wii? Yes, absolutely.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
man i wanna hear this soundtrack first before i buy it but i don't think it's up anywhere?
There's a few tracks up on the composer's SoundCloud, but that's all I've been able to find so far. One of them was uploaded yesterday, so he'll probably add more eventually. It's pretty good imo.
- https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/pikuniku-forest-town
- https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/pikuniku-the-mountain-village
- https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/pikuniku-take-on-mr-sunshine

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know where I can grab Ruiner? It's sold out and can't seem to find any secondhand.

I hate this about vinyl, single runs.

Oct 25, 2017
Scooped up Sonic Adventure 2 when it was briefly rereleased on Bandcamp the other day. Super lucky, I'd gotten only SA1 when they launched and thought I had long missed my chance to complete the set. Bummer I wasn't able to get the box set at the time but that's ok

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Turns out I can't ge enough of Zelda and Chill. Wondering if there are more video game inspired "lo-fi" tunes like this?

For sure, but not necessarily on Vinyl though.
  • Pokerus Project - Lo-fi 1UP - Relaxing Video Game Music
  • Sean Schafianski - Jazz Arrange Version: Final Fantasy IV
  • A L E X - Growing Up, Vol. 1
  • A L E X - Growing Up, Vol. 2
  • Shag - Flyrule
  • Shag - Flyrule: A Terrible Fate
These are just a couple examples of some albums. Here's a solid gem to listen to:

Oct 25, 2017
When was this running.....and how did I miss this!?!?!? Crap.....
Ah, damn. :(

I caught an email (? maybe Twitter) notification from Brave Wave saying they were selling their last set of leftover stock. Got it for $50. Fwiw man I saw one person selling it on Discogs for the same price Mint!! Probably gonna have to pay more for shipping but just a heads up.

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Ah, damn. :(

I caught an email (? maybe Twitter) notification from Brave Wave saying they were selling their last set of leftover stock. Got it for $50. Fwiw man I saw one person selling it on Discogs for the same price Mint!! Probably gonna have to pay more for shipping but just a heads up.
Good deal, thanks Sami . Just scooped up the Discogs copy from France.

FWIW, the Vinyl / 45 RPM community is continually amazing. Good people in here. Thanks.

Gungriffon

Oct 30, 2017
Got my Streets of Rage 2 OST from Data Disc. Wish shipping wasn't so expensive, but packed well and cant argue with the quality of the product.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Me every time I get a Mondo newsletter email (bracing for Silent Hill 2 news):

IgMyx.gif

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Man Donut County is gonna get me to order from iam8bit which I have pretty happily avoided for a while. That soundtrack is so wonderful.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked out shipping @ iam8bit and Oh My God... $40.22 USD for shipping to Canada. Yeah, i'll pass thanks.