• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Minit + Hollow Knight bundle + The Norwood Suite finally shipped from Ghost Ramp. This was after I'd canceled that initial order to remake it with the discount and all. That order is marked as refunded, and I got a refund.

...yet they sent me duplicates of everything in the new order. And also, one set has a completely unrelated CD, that they don't even appear to sell on their site...???

What a fun hassle to deal with. Hopefully they actually reply to the email I send. Cause meanwhile Fangamer also sent me the wrong thing in a package (got a hoodie instead of a shirt) and I haven't heard back from them after a week...

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Another one for my collection

tlPifot.jpg

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Those of you who are in France can get a Metro Exodus LP by preordering the game from Micromania.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just received The Witcher 3 vinyl and to be honest I'm kind of disappointed. The spine has multiple spots where there is some pretty ugly cosmetic damage. It wasn't sealed and the vinyls shipped loose in the box which is the first time I've seen it done like that but I've heard other places do it like that too. The biggest issue is that there is literally nowhere to put the 4th disc because the cardboard sleeve only has 3 slots. Really? I guess they expect you to put two vinyls in one slot but it seems tight.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
It wasn't sealed and the vinyls shipped loose in the box which is the first time I've seen it done like that but I've heard other places do it like that too.
That's how places who actually know how to properly send records do it. It's to prevent seam splits from records bumping into the sides of the jacket when inside. But it really depends on the type of mailer used as well, so you're never really totally safe.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
That's how places who actually know how to properly send records do it. It's to prevent seam splits from records bumping into the sides of the jacket when inside. But it really depends on the type of mailer used as well, so you're never really totally safe.

Yeah problem here was that it's not really pakced rightly so they were loosely moving around. That and the cardboard sleeve was already damaged in the first place.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
My first printing of TW3 has seam splits all over the place because they just shipped it as is. Whenever I order from smaller places they always offer to open the record for you and mail the LP outside the jacket to prevent splits. It's one of the reasons I hate ordering stuff from Amazon. it's always a crapshoot if the jacket's going to be messed up or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Alright. I followed the link and ended up browsing theyetee.com. This shit has to stop. How does a soundtrack get exclusively released on VHS? I dabble/pay attention to a lot of niche hobby groups and see the nostalgia/sentimental value in most and niche horror VHS releases were on the line. (Bootleg) Releases of soundtracks on cassette tapes was on the line. A soundtrack on VHS? Crossed the line. This isn't even the worst I've seen this week of mixed media WTF.
Sorry.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, guys. The link was posted early by accident. I'll post it when it goes live again officially.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. I followed the link and ended up browsing theyetee.com. This shit has to stop. How does a soundtrack get exclusively released on VHS? I dabble/pay attention to a lot of niche hobby groups and see the nostalgia/sentimental value in most and niche horror VHS releases were on the line. (Bootleg) Releases of soundtracks on cassette tapes was on the line. A soundtrack on VHS? Crossed the line. This isn't even the worst I've seen this week of mixed media WTF.
Sorry.

I looked into that since you made me curious and... pretty sure that's not a soundtrack. Just regular music, though inspired by games/anime/etc going by the description. Not to mention it's not exclusive, there's a vinyl and streaming version, though I guess the VHS has some bonus stuff.

Seems like releasing their music on VHS is part of their aesthetic. Which, hey, if people will pay...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I asked Thinkgeek if I could get a replacement sleeve for TW3 but they just offered to send me another completely set so major props to them. I guess they don't really have spare sleeves lying around. Don't even have to send the old set back either. Now to pray this one isn't damaged and they don't pack the loose vinyls on top of it like they did the first time.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I've been holding off, but I just might bite at this price.

Also, it's not VGM, but anyone who doesn't already own Drive needs to pick one up, 16 GBP is a steal.

Sorely tempted by Trials. I don't have the Drive OST proper, but I own all the albums on which those songs appear (Kavinsky, Chromatics, Desire.) Johnny Jewel/Symmetry's "Themes for an Imaginary Film" (aka his unused score to Drive) is also incredible.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Sorely tempted by Trials. I don't have the Drive OST proper, but I own all the albums on which those songs appear (Kavinsky, Chromatics, Desire.) Johnny Jewel/Symmetry's "Themes for an Imaginary Film" (aka his unused score to Drive) is also incredible.

Was never a big fan of Desire, but I've got the other ones (plus Electric Youth), yet somehow I still ended up with 5 different pressings of Drive. But I also love Cliff's score to it, I find it pretty brilliant.

Somehow the Trials OST never really clicked with me as much as their FC3:BD, just cannot bring myself to pull the trigger.

And I'd love Themes if I could find it for a good price here in EU, even though IDIB sell it for peanuts on their site, the shipping + import tax kills it (comes to over $80 total). Even of discogs the cheapest would be something like $60 shipped :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, finally! Can't wait...

What will we bitch about? Plenty.
Nintendo sucking and not entering the fray with their classic OST's, or even licensing their stuff to Data Discs, Brave Wave, or whomever.

True, and I'm actually really surprised that Konami of all companies has been so good with these licensing deals for the soundtracks.

Now there is one big Konami series that still has all of it's soundtracks missing...!