• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
It's mostly ambient and the whole thing is pretty short, just stick this on in the background. It's more about creating an atmosphere than individual tracks (although Laura's Theme is pretty dope.) I guess something like A World of Madness is what comes to mind when I think of that game's music.
So far I'm liking it. It's a weird mix but wow, defintely wouldn't of expected this type of sound from SH.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
So that's Portal, Katamari Damacy, Celeste and Mortal Kombat bought all in the past 3 days.

This thread is killing me ;_;

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Anyone have experience with Mondo and shipping? They haven't even replied to the email I sent.

If you ordered during the "free shipping" week, these usually take longer due to heavy traffic, plus they wait for the whole thing to be over before shipping anything, so that if people drop multiple orders their stuff gets combined instead of Mondo having to foot the bill for every package separately.

Though in general with them the key is patience. Sometimes the stuff is in stock and they don't have much else going on that day and your order goes out within hours. Sometimes it takes days. Maybe even a week, if it's a really busy week. Their customer service is top notch, so just give it a few days and everything will be fine.

Oct 27, 2017
I've had only good experiences with Mondo. They will provide you with a tracking number once the item ships.

It's odd that they have not shipped your item yet. Did you confirm you were charged for it?
Yea, I was charged already. That's what's worrying me.
If you ordered during the "free shipping" week, these usually take longer due to heavy traffic, plus they wait for the whole thing to be over before shipping anything, so that if people drop multiple orders their stuff gets combined instead of Mondo having to foot the bill for every package separately.

Though in general with them the key is patience. Sometimes the stuff is in stock and they don't have much else going on that day and your order goes out within hours. Sometimes it takes days. Maybe even a week, if it's a really busy week. Their customer service is top notch, so just give it a few days and everything will be fine.
Yea, I ordered during that week. I wish they would've had a disclaimer about increased wait times. Still, a week to ship is ridiculous. I'd be completely fine if there was an open line of communication.

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
Yea, I was charged already. That's what's worrying me.

Yea, I ordered during that week. I wish they would've had a disclaimer about increased wait times. Still, a week to ship is ridiculous. I'd be completely fine if there was an open line of communication.
Mondo isn't amazon. Shipping something within a day of order isn't a reasonable expectation of smaller companies, especially during a time when they're getting absolutely slammed with orders.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Mondo isn't amazon. Shipping something within a day of order isn't a reasonable expectation of smaller companies, especially during a time when they're getting absolutely slammed with orders.

This.

Mondo is a great company. And they are miles better than most online record sellers, in terms of quality and content.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Can some video game music audiphiles explain why they prefer going vinyl?

Is it for the "collector effect"?

Sound wise, it's digital pressed on vinyl, so it's not like there is an advantage compared to CD.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Can some video game music audiphiles explain why they prefer going vinyl?

Is it for the "collector effect"?

Sound wise, it's digital pressed on vinyl, so it's not like there is an advantage compared to CD.
I collect some music on vinyl, but I wouldn't even argue there's an advantage for pure analogue sources*. For me, part of it is the collector effect, part of it is due to the music my family listened to when I was growing up I tend to associate very synthy music with vinyl, and part of it is in some ways vinyl is kind of a fun format. If I could buy a certain few movies on 16mm film (not 8 or 35 though) I absolutely would, despite blu-rays being better in every measurable way.

*The output of the synthesizer chips of older systems is still analogue, so if someone really wanted to argue something about vinyl being more accurate vs. the digital sampling of CDs they wouldn't be completely wrong on the basis of the argument, just the practical realities IMO. If you wanted to be really hardcore about it, distribute the music on ROMs with the original system's FM chip built-in with an RCA output.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone cares: Night in the Woods from Ghost Ramp seems to be shipping. Shipping label was created yesterday and looks like mine was picked up by the carrier (I think?) today.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for that, even though I still haven't used my player much lately and sorta regret some preorders I kept. Trying not to buy much at all till I regularly use it again, but that's definitely worth it.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Does that Last of Us v2 just have half the music from their original Box Set? I own that, but can't discern if this is redundant or something else.