• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Some of you might know that Sumthing Else Music Works - one of the longest operating game music labels - shut down back in January. Fortunately, some of their employees formed a new label called Skill Tree Records and have picked up some of Sumthing's licenses and have confirmed to be planning vinyl releases as well. There's some potential for some pretty major titles, so I'd definitely keep an eye on these guys.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill 2 is without a doubt the best sounding (quality wise) Mondo release I've ever heard. If they stick with that production company and release something I'm looking forward to, I think I'll start buying from them again. (My The Fountain and several Death Waltz releases were noisy af )

tenor.gif

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Does Mondo usually take a long time? I order Last of us Vol 2 and it still haven't gotten notification that it shipped. I'm ordering from Canada if that helps.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
IGN interview with Ghost Ramp for anyone interested: go.ign.com/tLGQpqH

They mentioned upcoming titles Bad Mojo and DUSK, as well as the Wandersong OST. I don't think Wandersong has been announced until now.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Nevermind.

Yeah damaged copies are a bummer, but as long as the record isn't damaged I'm still happy.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
What can they do, it's sold out.

Most vendors of limited run items, including Mondo, will retain a limited stock so they can cover replacements for manufacturing/shipping errors or whatever else might come up.

Nah, i bought it from black screen records.

The last guardian vinyl is bent as well. Dammit.

No experience with them, but you lose nothing by emailing Black Screen. They might be able to help you out.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, i'll contact them.

And fortunately, the records are in good shape.

Some places also do extra sleeves for this purpose. If they did and have them, sending you a replacement sleeve is going to be much easier and cheaper for them to replace than an entirely extra record. Definitely reach out and be clear that the record isn't damaged so they know.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i'll contact them.

And fortunately, the records are in good shape.

Brave Wave did a last minute "FINAL RUN" thing of the very last of their Sonic Adventure 1/2 stock a couple months ago long after the original run sold out, and even then were able to ship me a replacement sleeve when mine came in bent. Doesn't hurt to email!

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Some places also do extra sleeves for this purpose. If they did and have them, sending you a replacement sleeve is going to be much easier and cheaper for them to replace than an entirely extra record. Definitely reach out and be clear that the record isn't damaged so they know.
Brave Wave did a last minute "FINAL RUN" thing of the very last of their Sonic Adventure 1/2 stock a couple months ago long after the original run sold out, and even then were able to ship me a replacement sleeve when mine came in bent. Doesn't hurt to email!
I just sent them an email: i dont lose anything really and i gain knowledge about their policies regarding this kind of issues. So thanks for encouraging me to do so. Lets see what happens.

And i will take advantage of this post to ask you guys: do you use any kind of outer sleeves to protect the default sleeves of your vinyls? if you do, which ones would you recommend?

Oct 25, 2017
I just sent them an email: i dont lose anything really and i gain knowledge about their policies regarding this kind of issues. So thanks for encouraging me to do so. Lets see what happens.

And i will take advantage of this post to ask you guys: do you use any kind of outer sleeves to protect the default sleeves of your vinyls? if you do, which ones would you recommend?
I just use some clear plastic ones I got in a roll at the record store a while back, nothing fancy

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
You can buy copies of Nathan McCree's Blam! Machinehead 12" from 1996 if you DM him on Twitter.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered TFIV.

Picked up Megaman from the store today.

At least I have a record player to listen to it now.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
TFIV copped here in the US. Also managed to grab a Policenauts earlier in the week when they were clearing out inventory, the only numbered Data Discs release I was missing. Those standalone S&H rates are not insignificant but worth it to keep the full set intact.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Got TFIV. I don't even like the soundtrack that much but I have every other DD release. I think I'm in too deep.

BTails

Oct 26, 2017
Mondo just released their "April Mixtape", and at 6:12 they start playing music from the NES vesion of Metal Gear. Looks like we might be getting a bunch of Metal Gear releases from Mondo! Hopefully their Metal Gear soundtrack contains the NES OST on one side, and the MSX version on the other. And fingers crossed for Metal Gear 2 MSX, which is a phenomenal OST.

https://soundcloud.com/mondotees/mondo-mix-april/s-lvJnY

Oct 27, 2017
Mondo just released their "April Mixtape", and at 6:12 they start playing music from the NES vesion of Metal Gear. Looks like we might be getting a bunch of Metal Gear releases from Mondo! Hopefully their Metal Gear soundtrack contains the NES OST on one side, and the MSX version on the other. And fingers crossed for Metal Gear 2 MSX, which is a phenomenal OST.

https://soundcloud.com/mondotees/mondo-mix-april/s-lvJnY

Ha!
I'll see you all in two years when we get to MGS.

I'm totally in for the MSX soundtracks if reasonably priced.