• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone got their Celeste Piano vinyl yet or did it get delayed? Just want to know if the final cover art has the game title on it or not, the Bandcamp photo ahows both.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone got their Celeste Piano vinyl yet or did it get delayed? Just want to know if the final cover art has the game title on it or not, the Bandcamp photo ahows both.
It was delayed a bit, so it hasn't shipped yet. IIRC it's scheduled to begin shipping late April.

EDIT: Apparently, it's been pushed further (which is new to me). They now say late May.

Wait there's a celeste piano vinyl?
Yup: https://trevorgomes.bandcamp.com/album/celeste-piano-collections

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Silent Hill 2 got stuck in customs, make that 14€ extra :<
Still WORTH IT. This is the day I've been waiting for since buying my record player like ten years ago.

May 30, 2018
for anyone who ordered Lena Raine's Oneknowing- did your LP arrive in a super flimsy paper mailer? i've never had a single record i've ordered mailed to me in what appears to be a mailer for documents. there was a single piece of cardboard protecting one side of the record but i pulled it out and the corners are scrunched up and there are creases on the sleeve.

hopefully they can replace my copy and mail it properly next time - disappointing to say the least.

KYJvueV.jpg

Last edited:

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
for anyone who ordered Lena Raine's Oneknowing- did your LP arrive in a super flimsy paper mailer? i've never had a single record i've ordered mailed to me in what appears to be a mailer for documents. there was a single piece of cardboard protecting one side of the record but i pulled it out and the corners are scrunched up and there are creases on the sleeve.

hopefully they can replace my copy and mail it properly next time - disappointing to say the least.

KYJvueV.jpg
Yeah, that's how my copy shipped. Thankfully my LP made it here safe and sound with no cosmetic damage, but I feared the worst when I saw the packaging.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 is back in stock with limited quantities at iam8bit for anyone interested!

How was the sound quality on this release?

Also, without comparing tracklists one by one, are there any big omissions the deluxe one includes that the regular one misses out on?

Edit: I ordered it. As much as I've tried to avoid iam8bit lately I do really like that P5 soundtrack and have seen how crazy the Deluxe sells for so I figured the 4x is better than nothing (Layer Cake is on there, so I'm set).

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
Really want to grab that P5 but I can't justify spending that much right now. Also I haven't even played the game yet lol.

May 30, 2018

KYJvueV.jpg

happy to report that Local Action has been super responsive about this and have let me know that they've ordered heavyweight record mailers. they'll be sending my replacement in one some time in the next week or so. hopefully they use them on all LP orders going forward!

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Jim Guthrie's Below soundtrack is up now. Sorta.
He launched a campaign on Bandcamp for the vinyl pressing. Link and details below:
D4Yzb1aU8AAEz8-

https://jimguthrie.bandcamp.com/campaign/below-original-soundtrack

Hey! Welcome to the pledge page for this incredible deluxe pressing of the BelowOST. Features of this release are listed below along with a few different pledge tiers you can choose from. I've been producing and releasing music for over 20 years now, but this is a first for die-cut, foil-stamped inner sleeves! It's going to look so good. Also the boat scene on the inside of the triple gatefold looks bonkers. Huge thanks to Sylvain Coutouly for that stunner and all his help with the layout. I was also lucky to be able to include some early concept art by Tony Chan in this package. Tony did the killer FUZZY VELVET POSTER that's included in the third pledge tier. You can colour it yourself or leave as is and pet it when you're lonely. IT'S SO FUZZY. I should also mention the extra hour of unreleased music from Below that you can also pick up. Volume II is all music from the game that I couldn't include in the original release but still has all that droney goodness you've come to expect and love from Below. I couldn't be more excited to bring all this into the world and with your help we can make it happen. Thanks for all your support over the years. It means a lot.

-xojim

The Below double LP features:
• Embossed triple gatefold jacket with never-before-seen concept art
• Two different colored vinyl records
• Die-cut, foil-stamped inner sleeves

Checkout a video of the vinyl packaging design!
youtu.be/AMQnVX1uLMA

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Hey everyone !

I hope I'm not too off-topic, but I was wondering if someone could be of any help...

It's been months since I got my beloved Mother 2 OST on Vinyl... But lately I noticed that on Side A, I got some scratching noises, especially during Twoson's theme (3rd track I think).
It sounds pretty awful and I can't see any significant scratch on the disc...
Well, more or less, there's one that seems quite deep but... It doesn't seem to make any difference. The spots where I hear those scratching noises seems pretty exempt of any actual physical scratch, so...

I cleaned the record 3 times with a basic cleaning kit (A velvet brush, a carbon fiber one, a bit of spray, gently rubbing with a microfiber cloth), but those scratching noises are still there, always at the same moments =/

If it's a manufacturing problem, I'll live with it, but I was wondering if I could try something else to reduce the issue?

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
A sound clip would be best and easiest to determine the issue, but sounds like a non-fill problem. It's a manufacturing defect and not fixable. A scratch across the grooves would be a loud pop, but if you hear a longer scratching noise, it's probably a non-fill.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Thanks a LOT for your answer =D I'm going to record a small sound clip in a few moments. I'm relieved if it's a manufacturing problem.

EDIT :

Here it is.
It's especially obvious around the tenth second of the clip.
It can be heard at multiple parts of the record, but this is the part where you can hear it most.

I think it may be there since the beginning, but since I use a higher end turntable with headphones recently, it appeared more obvious only now to my ears.

Last edited:

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
A whole bunch of new announcements here.

Fract Osc - crowdfunding for the 2014 rhythm platformer is up via Qrates:
https://qrates.com/projects/17369-fract-osc

Mario & Chill arrangement album coming from Materia Collective. Release date TBA:

Jupiter & Mars - new indie game soundtrack. Possibly released by Brave Wave. Release date TBA:

iam8bit releasing a 2LP "best of"-style album for Cuphead with a few previously unreleased tracks:
https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/cuphead/products/cuphead-2xlp-vinyl-soundtrack

Brave Wave just confirmed that Pulstar will be the next title in their Generation Series. Preorders open mid-May:
http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/009

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
So... Black Screen Records are going to send me some replacement sleeves for the SH2 and TLG vinyl.

Crossing my fingers so they arrive in good shape this time.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
iam8bit releasing a 2LP "best of"-style album for Cuphead with a few previously unreleased tracks:
https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/cuphead/products/cuphead-2xlp-vinyl-soundtrack
Honestly, that's pretty shitty for the people that shelled out $100 for the super deluxe full OST. Now this new release gets exclusive tracks so the people who spent more money miss out. Why not just release simple gatefold, not super deluxe packaging of the full OST? I love Cuphead and it's soundtrack, but can't be assed to spend that much money on a vinyl set of four records, no matter how nice it is.

iam8bit continues to make questionable decisions.
Brave Wave just confirmed that Pulstar will be the next title in their Generation Series. Preorders open mid-May:
http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/009

Woah, that's a bolt out of the blue! How cool!

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Pulstar is pretty awesome. May just cause me to go over the edge and get the rest of their SNK releases as well.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Honestly, that's pretty shitty for the people that shelled out $100 for the super deluxe full OST. Now this new release gets exclusive tracks so the people who spent more money miss out. Why not just release simple gatefold, not super deluxe packaging of the full OST? I love Cuphead and it's soundtrack, but can't be assed to spend that much money on a vinyl set of four records, no matter how nice it is.

Even a simple gatefold 4xLP will cost a lot. Maybe $25 less, but still.

And for those who bought the original, they'll be glad to have more music to buy. Those who didn't because it was so expensive will be glad that there's a less expensive option. And those who regret buying the original can easily sell it for a profit. Not really sure who's the victim here.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Materia Collective have opened up preorders for non-backers for their "Resurrection of the Night: Alucard's Elegy" album, which is an orchestral arrangement of music from Symphony of the Night. The BackerKit link here is for the backer exclusive variant hence the high price. I'm guessing there'll be a regular variant down the road: https://rotn.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/175073

New label Stumpy Frog Records is releasing the OST to the indie horror game The Cat Lady on vinyl: https://www.stumpyfrog.com/

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017

iam8bit gonna iam8bit. Not surprised what bullshit this company will pull anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
My rough take on the included and missing tracks from the Lumines vinyl

Tracklist/Missing:
Shinin'
URBANIZATION
ROUND ABOUT
SLIPPING
Shake ya body
SQUARE DANCE
TALK 2 YOU
JUST…
I hear the music in my soul
DARKSIDE BESIDE THE RIVER
ABACK
WORKING IN THE HOLE

SISTER WALK
Da-Di-Do
STRANGERS
Holiday in summer

TAKE A DOG OUT A WALK
Big Elpaso
My Generation
MEGURO
SPIRITS

Get up and Go
FLY INTO THE SKY
Lights
Japanese form
Auto mobile industry
Please return my CD
The bird singing in the night
Mekong
Whoop-de-do
The spy loves me
Brash
Chinese restaurant

Moon Beam
Neodymium
Fanatic
45DEGREES
RODENT
Morning Beats
Water Flower, Lights
TINTOY
Prime factor

merci (credit roll)

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Not vinyl specific, but it's really weird to me we didn't get a physical release at all for REmake 2s OST. What gives?

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be hard to top that Lumines tracklist for "vinyl release with the best songs stripped out" title.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Has anybody else tried to preorder this? I filled in the form and sent it off over the weekend but still no reply. Probably just being impatient...it's a great game with a cool soundtrack so hopefully I can get a copy.
I asked them on Twitter if they'd send out preorder confirmations and I just got mine a little over an hour ago (even though I preordered Sunday). If you haven't gotten one you should get one soon.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I asked them on Twitter if they'd send out preorder confirmations and I just got mine a little over an hour ago (even though I preordered Sunday). If you haven't gotten one you should get one soon.
Yeah got mine now too. Wish they'd said in the email how much they were gonna charge for shipping...

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah got mine now too. Wish they'd said in the email how much they were gonna charge for shipping...
Yeah, I'd like to know more about that too. Especially since I'm international so shipping might be pretty bad.
It's a bit risky from them since high shipping is probably something that could make people decide to cancel their reserved copy.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd like to know more about that too. Especially since I'm international so shipping might be pretty bad.
It's a bit risky from them since high shipping is probably something that could make people decide to cancel their reserved copy.
I'm in Europe too...I replied to their email asking, will let you know if I hear anything back.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
welp with the Persona 5 The Royal confirmed I would not be surpised to see I am 8bit do more 6LP vinyls when Royal is out.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
They said that it's not yet finalised but around 10-15 USD with full tracking. We shall see...

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
It's bundled with the game too, so there's really a few thousand.

Also, lack of Shinin and a bunch of other songs makes this pretty meh.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Thanks a LOT for your answer =D I'm going to record a small sound clip in a few moments. I'm relieved if it's a manufacturing problem.

EDIT :

Here it is.
It's especially obvious around the tenth second of the clip.
It can be heard at multiple parts of the record, but this is the part where you can hear it most.

I think it may be there since the beginning, but since I use a higher end turntable with headphones recently, it appeared more obvious only now to my ears.

Sorry to get back to this again, but can someone confirm that this irritating sound on my Mother 2 vinyl is a non-fill issue? I was wondering if I could contact Ship to Shore about this...