• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Do the prices of Datadiscs' records go down eventually. I'd love to get the sonic cd vinyl but noticed it's way more expensive than the others. I understand that it's a preorder and this may be why it's more expensive. I don't need it right now, but it would be nice to get in the future at some point.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Not into Sonic (understatement of the millennia) but that looks like a gorgeous release. Nobody does it better than DD. I'm glad they didn't stick a number on it otherwise I'd be forced to keep the streak alive...

They generally don't sell their limited editions elsewhere, if that matters to you.
Oh yeah, I know. Thankfully, I'm very much fine with black records.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Do the prices of Datadiscs' records go down eventually. I'd love to get the sonic cd vinyl but noticed it's way more expensive than the others. I understand that it's a preorder and this may be why it's more expensive. I don't need it right now, but it would be nice to get in the future at some point.

As others mentioned, Mondo puts up Data Discs stuff and it should be priced slightly better due to us not having to pay the shipping. I have a local record chain that may sell these too so if they pop up there I can post a link as well (usually a couple bucks under MSRP and they ship orders over $30 free).

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Awesome news, I think this will be the first Vinyl I'll preorder =)
Would be cool if they release the US soundtrack next! I'm one of those weirdos who loves both of them as much as one other, hehe.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
586c29bd480e4e6ca9094f90cc695311.png

Looks like we can expect some news for Metroid Resynthesized today!

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
As others mentioned, Mondo puts up Data Discs stuff and it should be priced slightly better due to us not having to pay the shipping. I have a local record chain that may sell these too so if they pop up there I can post a link as well (usually a couple bucks under MSRP and they ship orders over $30 free).
Ah that's good I'll probably wait a little bit then. I'm from the UK so for once the shipping charge isn't too bad for me haha, just tight on funds atm.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
At the infamous FFVII concert at E3 yesterday they displayed an upcoming Final Fantasy VII picture disc 2LP. There's no info on it yet other than that Sony will seemingly be handling the release. People are speculating that it's either a repress of the original FFVII release with different art or it might be arrangements from the remake.

Oct 27, 2017
At the infamous FFVII concert at E3 yesterday they displayed an upcoming Final Fantasy VII picture disc 2LP. There's no info on it yet other than that Sony will seemingly be handling the release. People are speculating that it's either a repress of the original FFVII release with different art or it might be arrangements from the remake.
Sell high, buy low? Hmmm

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
New info on the FFVII set. Preorders open on July 7, 2019, it's scheduled to release January 31, 2020. It will include music from both the original FFVII and the Remake (presumably one disc for each game). Rumored price is 7777 Yen.

D8w4kaDWkAAiw3N.jpg

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
New info on the FFVII set. Preorders open on July 7, 2019, it's scheduled to release January 31, 2020. It will include music from both the original FFVII and the Remake (presumably one disc for each game). Rumored price is 7777 Yen.

D8w4kaDWkAAiw3N.jpg
Are these picture discs? They look like they are. Don't those play horribly?

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
I'm no audiophile but i've got the FF8 picture discs and they sound fine. While you could probably tell the difference on a high end setup, they aren't terrible.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Any way to import this? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it
There's plenty of English marketing for these, so I fully expect them to be available on Square's US and EU stores as well, but I guess we'll see.

Are these picture discs? They look like they are. Don't those play horribly?
Yes, they are picture discs. Traditionally these have more surface noise, but lately improvements have been made so they tend to sound alright. No guarantee that this will be the case here. Unfortunately it seems to be made more as a collectible rather than something made for careful listening. A shame since Square did so well with the recent Xenogears and NieR releases.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I buy vinyl for the music, so this is certainly out for me. Too bad as I've been hoping they would do something better.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018

Epic News 🎉 Our NEW Celeste B-Sides LP will be available for pre-order tomorrow, Thursday 6/12 at noon EST 🥳🏔 the jacket for this release is printed on metallic stock, so it'll shimmer just like the aurora ✨ also pre-orders done exclusively through Ship To Shore will receive one of two randomly selected flexi discs with an *exclusive* track on it 🙌 LP and flexi artwork by @dreweyes

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder to all that this is now available.

23$ shipping to the UK...but I love Celeste so much I couldn't say no

EDIT: Black Screen Records has an EU-exclusive variant - https://blackscreenrecords.com/products/celeste-b-sides-by-various-artists

Do note that it doesn't have the bonus disc. Also, the track listing doesn't include the last track "First Steps (Piano Only)" for some reason?

(I'm in the US so I bought from STS, but noticed that so I thought I'd share.)

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Gotta say, I like the BSR variant best, plus shipping and tax from STS brings the total to $70 for a single copy, compared to BSR's $45. That flexi though, I know it'll sound terrible, but I still kinda want one.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Celeste, just got a notification from Materia Collective that Celeste Piano Collections has shipped. Woo!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone got pics of the Celeste Piano collection vinyl? Does the front cover or some have the title on it?

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
I finally pulled the trigger on Mother (pink) and Snatcher (splatter red) today. Don't think there will anything else I will get really besides numbered Data Discs releases.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Celeste, just got a notification from Materia Collective that Celeste Piano Collections has shipped. Woo!
I didn't even know about this, so, of course, I've just ordered it along with the sheet music (I recently got a keyboard and am attempting to learn from scratch)

So I now have the standard OST, the B-Sides, and Piano Collections on vinyl, the Prescription for Sleep release by Gentle Love on CD, and the Fangamer Collector's Edition on the way too, which includes the OST on CD.

I guess I kinda dig Celeste eh

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Spacelab9's latest newsletter has a good amount of news: https://mailchi.mp/spacelab9/sl9-newsletter-february-20th-updates-on-skyrim-box-set-more-3119237

Preorders for Fallout 3 box repress opens July 2, they'll release a Konami Best Of NES LP, a Dark Souls III 3LP, and 7"s of both Gourmet Warriors and Iron Commando (the latter two sounds like they'll be boxed with their respective SNES carts). Also repressings of Outlast, Skyrim Atmospheres and Witcher 3.

Also Ghost Ramp appears to have a preorder date for Bad Mojo at long last:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, might get it now. The promo art showed two covers so I wasn't sure.

It absolutely sucks iam8bit gets so many of the nice vinyl releases.

I have 4 of their releases and haven't bought directly from them once. I bought all mine from Amazon and like a year after their original releases. Unless it's a super limited edition, you don't really have to buy from their store.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
The Fallout 3: 10th Anniversary Ultimate Edition Box Set from Spacelab9 will be available to preorder from Spacelab9 on July 2 at 1pm EST: https://mailchi.mp/spacelab9/sl9-newsletter-6_28

It's a 4LP set with 3LPs containing the remastered original score, and the last LP containing a 10-track selection of radio songs. It will include a 7x7" 16-page booklet and a sticker sheet.

fc6d75d6-5a22-4aa8-99e3-502887201423.jpg

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
$125 for the Fallout 3 4 LP collection........errr think ill pass thats a ridiculous price!. Considering there'll be shipping and Import charges on top probably looking at $200