• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with iam8bit?
Mostly that they have a history of high priced releases with slippery release dates. Quality can be a bit hit or miss as well. Rez Infinite and Hyperlight Drifter immediately come to mind as messy releases, with missed promises and sloppy packaging for the former and tons of delays for the latter. IIRC Undertale has the beginning of a song missing.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Mostly that they have a history of high priced releases with slippery release dates. Quality can be a bit hit or miss as well. Rez Infinite and Hyperlight Drifter immediately come to mind as messy releases, with missed promises and sloppy packaging for the former and tons of delays for the latter. IIRC Undertale has the beginning of a song missing.
Wow thanks for the info, just getting into collecting so I'll make sure to double check their releases

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Wow thanks for the info, just getting into collecting so I'll make sure to double check their releases
To be fair, there are quite a few people who think iam8bit hate is overblown. I think their recent releases have been fine (just expensive), though they've burned me enough that I won't go back. But if you're getting into collecting, rather than a jaded blanket ban like me, it's better to see what people have to say about a particular release here or Discogs or /r/VGMvinyl. Some of their back catalog is absolutely fine.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
The iam8bit hate from a couple years ago was totally justified, in my opinion. Major delays, subpar audio, etc. It wasn't every release, but the ones that were bad were legitimately bad.

Remember the bonus "flap" on the Ori and the Blind Forest LP, that they tried to pass off as a "bonus" that was supposed to make up for the 8+ month delay?

Anyway, I'm sure they're mostly fine these days... It seems they're meeting shipping targets at least. But I'll only buy their stuff when it's available, not when pre-orders go up.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I completely missed that a bloodborne LP is releasing! is there a site in US that is going to release it or just on europe?

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
On the subject of iam8bit, does their stuff ever go back in print or gone for good? I am bummed that I miss out on the Persona 5 soundtrack.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Im actually not fussed that the LE of Bllodborne was sold out as i think the dark green vinyl looks horrid!

Is there a release date for MGS?

Oct 27, 2017
On the subject of iam8bit, does their stuff ever go back in print or gone for good? I am bummed that I miss out on the Persona 5 soundtrack.
Persona 5 already had a repress of the 4xLP. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other represses. I'm bummed I skipped Hyper Light Drifter myself.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
^ It's Laced. It's in good hands. :)

edit: (I guess they did picture discs for Shadow Warrior, but that's it. I think it's safe to bet Bloodborne won't be)
Shadow Warrior 2 wasn't a pic disc either. It's a 4-track EP with all tracks on one side and a screen printing on the other. But it's regular vinyl - just can't play the screen print.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Thought they weren't selling that one outside of SDCC. Only the normal cover one. I could be wrong though

Does anyone have an idea when/if that SDCC exclusive MGS variant will be available online? I need it.

Edit: Sorry my first response I thought I was in the poster thread. If there's any vinyl left I assume they'll go online on some Wednesday in the near future, possibly when the normal one goes up but I honestly have no idea.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Warrior 2 wasn't a pic disc either. It's a 4-track EP with all tracks on one side and a screen printing on the other. But it's regular vinyl - just can't play the screen print.
Right, of course! I skimmed by the pic and though it was a pic disc.
As I recall, all of Laced's releases have been pretty well-received. I only have DOOM and Hotline Miami from them, but both are fantastic.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I had completely missed that Bloodborne were releasing. What a wonderful day!

Wait! What!?! What's the info on this?

edit: Nevermind, got my pre-order in.

What's the difference between the deluxe and the LE edition? LE is sold out it seems. Just wondering what I'm missing out on. Both pages list the same thing?

Last edited:

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I picked up the limited edition but honestly. I don't think of green what so ever when I think of Bloodborne. Kinda bizarre

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Just getting into buying vinyls, I am bummed I missed out on Hotline Miami and the Dark Souls albums. I know DS2 is still around for a sane price, but 1 and 3 are just non-existence.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Just getting into buying vinyls, I am bummed I missed out on Hotline Miami and the Dark Souls albums. I know DS2 is still around for a sane price, but 1 and 3 are just non-existence.
Laced have said that they intend to repress Hotline Miami, although there weren't any concrete ETA last I heard. I think they're fairly busy with other projects atm.

If you're in Europe oyu can buy the Dark souls III set from Bandai Namco here: https://store.bandainamcoent.eu/eu/product/478679/dark-souls-iii-the-vinyl-collection (link only works if you're in Europe, otherwise it redirects to their US site). If you're US-based Spacelab9 have announced a 3LP version of DSIII, although no ETA on that one either.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
My pink MOTHER LP has finally shipped. Looking forward to it.

Nothing really I have my eye on right now, and it's a lovely feeling.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's favorite label is putting out Turtles in Time on vinyl.
mFZXF2d.png

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
They couldn't do better art than that?

Ugh. I already own the 7'' (It's all remixes iirc), but I'll probably get this too. Damn.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks awesome personally! It flips to reveal a bomb (as does the record with an explosion) and it's patterned after the boxes (and trick boxes) in the game.
459a2RW.png

3oPdoGH.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuck, might have to get it :/ atleast they are doing a regular green too so i don't have to get the pic disk.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That TMNT picture disc sold out right quick... I know the green variant will sound better, but that pic disc looked super cool. Had it in my cart when it went out of stock.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
So I ordered Mother and Snatcher from ShiptoStore, and Mother and Mother 2 came! I already have Mother 2, and was really looking forward to Snatcher.

I've already emailed them, and hope I can get a copy of Snatcher soon.

Sucks though.