• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Hey, so this is a random question but does ANYONE know who works the PR on Rockstar's soundtracks? Have a friend wanting to do a feature on the RDR 2 soundtrack.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Features music from Freddi Fish and the Missing Kelp Seeds, Spy Fox 2, Pajama Sam 3, and Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo. 4LP tiers start at $70.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Any way to import the Dark Souls set to the states or will someone else reissue them here?

Oct 27, 2017
Any way to import the Dark Souls set to the states or will someone else reissue them here?
I haven't tried from the EU but generally you would have to use a forwarding/proxy service. I have used some multiple times for shipping from JP. Maybe someone else can make a suggestion for this instance.

I feel like I remember someone here mentioning getting multiple copies as multiple people ordered using the same service and the manufacturer/distributor combined them into one shipment.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't tried from the EU but generally you would have to use a forwarding/proxy service. I have used some multiple times for shipping from JP. Maybe someone else can make a suggestion for this instance.

I feel like I remember someone here mentioning getting multiple copies as multiple people ordered using the same service and the manufacturer/distributor combined them into one shipment.
I'm pretty sure I've seen people using a site called "forward2me" to get these to the US. I've no experience with them, though, so I can't say how easy it is.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ Yep. That's the one I used. Their service was excellent, if a bit expensive. I think I paid about $35 GBP to have it shipped from their warehouse to the US. This is because they will NOT ship via Royal Mail, only couriers like DHL. Makes sense, given the liability for losing items.

That said... Bandai EU did screw things up at the time. Their shipping labels/details did NOT show my name, but someone else's. Forward2me was gracious enough to confirm with the other person that my shipment was indeed not theirs, and they released it to me. Had that person acted differently, I never would have got my item.
I would hope they've sorted things out since winter 2017, though.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Ship To Shore to release the Celeste: Farewell DLC OST on vinyl and tape:

Black Screen is turning 4 and they're running a sale with up to 50% off all their own releases (except preorders):

Personally, I'd suggest everyone to check out Spaceplan. It's an absolute steal at €12.

Oct 26, 2017
Been a while since I popped in here. Did they ever re-release Horizon Zero Dawn on vinyl?

Oh my lordy. I almost missed my GotG vinyl for Bloodborne. Ordered!

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
2 Mello's Jet Set Radio tribute album, Memories Of Tokyo-to, is up for preorder from STS. EU folks can preorder from Black Screen Records later today.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
2 Mello's Jet Set Radio tribute album, Memories Of Tokyo-to, is up for preorder from STS. EU folks can preorder from Black Screen Records later today.

Neat idea, and kudos to 2 Mello for putting together a fun album, but every time these tribute-style vinyl releases come out I'm reminded sorely how many classic games still haven't seen release (and probably will never see release).

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
How often Mondo ship? I ordered the SotN album from them on July 20th and still nothing.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Last time I ordered a vinyl was in October for SotN and it took a few weeks to make it... no idea what their fulfillment is like but they've always got stuff happening so they may just be a bit behind.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I got an email from Data Discs that the Sonic 3D 3xLP vinyl set will ship... earlier than expected. :)

Oct 25, 2017

First game soundtrack I ever bought on vinyl was Red Dead Redemption. I doubt this release will be as limited as the first game's was.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Materia Collective and Game Chops have another release in their "___ & Chill" series titled"Poké & Chill". Digital and Physical releases available.

0016919229_10.jpg

Poké & Chill is here! It's a lovingly crafted lofi album of Pokémon music, from the producer of Zelda & Chill. Now available digital and physical! Support Poké & Chill by picking up the album or adding to your playlists ~ http://smarturl.it/pokechill

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a beautiful release, but I wish we could get the full instrumental score.

The instrumental score was released maybe a week or so ago. I'd be very surprised if that didn't also get a vinyl pressing in the coming months. There are some great tracks missing from it though which is disappointing, still it's better than nothing.

I'll have to pre-order that MGS release as soon as it appears on a UK storefront too. I'm really not fussed on the artwork at all (The Gray Fox one is fine) but MGS1 might actually have my favourite soundtrack in the series despite the later ones obviously having more elaborate productions.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really tempted to pay scalpers for the SDCC exclusive. Between this cover and the MGS pins I'm not sure they know what they're doing.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Up on Mondo now. Not liking that green cover, but one of my favorites games for sure. I have this and Xenogears, so now I have my two favorite 1998 releases on vinyl.

^ I snagged it.

For what it's worth, there have been WAY worse covers from the likes of Mondo, iam8bit, etc... over the years. I still groan in disdain anytime I see the sleeves of iam8bit's Uncharted collection and Mondo's Castlevania IV on my shelves.

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC
^ I snagged it.

For what it's worth, there have been WAY worse covers from the likes of Mondo, iam8bit, etc... over the years. I still groan in disdain anytime I see the sleeves of iam8bit's Uncharted collection and Mondo's Castlevania IV on my shelves.
Yeah I'll give you that. The Castlevania 4 is possibly one of the ugliest vinyl I own. Compare it to Outrun, in which you can literally select different backgrounds, and its even uglier.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed the Solid Snake version of MGS. Not an amazing cover, but meh. And the green smoke disc looks pretty sweet.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's incredibly picky to moan about but the green motif is just ugly. I can live with the cover art but when I think of the MGS1 title card, the blood red is what immediately pops out. The rear with the smoky background and REX is really nice, mind.