• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way that MGS release could look more like a gimmick is if it was a picture disc. Thankfully it's the audio matters but yeeeeeesh it is aggressively ugly.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
iam8bit (yes) just announced a 12-LP Supergiant Games collection, including Bastion, Transistor, Pyre, and Hades. $300.
cjOrAyD.png

Oct 27, 2017
^The fuck?

I came to post about Samurai Shodown

http://bravewave.squarespace.com/genseries/010

Samurai Shodown The Definitive Soundtrack comes to CD & Vinyl in Winter 2019!
SNK AND BRAVE WAVE CONTINUE THEIR EXCITING PARTNERSHIP TO BRING CLASSIC NEO GEO SOUNDTRACKS TO CD AND VINYL
SNK and Brave Wave Productions are proud to reveal their fourth collaboration, Generation Series 010: Samurai Shodown for both CD and vinyl. Known as Samurai Spirits in Japan and originally released for NEOGEO in 1993, Samurai Shodown is one of SNK's most classic and timeless 2D fighting games, featuring fast-paced gameplay, beautiful graphics and catchy music.
Go to the link for the deets.
3LP/$50 with AES and NGCD arrange tracks

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels kind of dumb to put the Hades guy all up in the box art when it's only a 7" with two tracks. Wish they'd just try this again when that soundtrack was done.

May 30, 2018

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that was particularly strange to me as well. I expected more music from Hades on this.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Feels kind of dumb to put the Hades guy all up in the box art when it's only a 7" with two tracks. Wish they'd just try this again when that soundtrack was done.
insane that Hades is only a 7inch, i know the OST for that is probably not done yet but knowing the iam8bit production schedule it would probably be done by the time they're ready to press

Darren Korb stated on Twitter that they won't release the Hades soundtrack until the game is out, so that's probably a studio decision. iam8bit also stated that the box set is big enough to house the Hades soundtrack when it's out, so it's probably safe to assume that 8bit will also do that one whenever the game is ready.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Does their stuff end up in any US distribution stores? I'm tempted but don't want to pay $26 for shipping. I already did that for bloodborne.
They should be using a US warehouse for US orders. Does it say .co or .com in their website URL when you enter? It should say .com for the US site and show price in $ instead of £.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I picked up the River City Girls soundtrack with my preorder of the physical. Not much to go on so I guess I'm a sucker.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
They've let me listen to a few samples and imo it's really good. Solid pick for synthwave fans too.

Oct 27, 2017
Lazy copy/paste post:
Off topic but probably relevant to more than a few:
FLCL soundtrack - Vinyl 2LP £29.99 opens for preorder tomorrow.

FLCL soundtrack - Vinyl (2 x 12" LP) Limited Edition
Our Price: £34.99
£29.99

PRE-ORDERS LAUNCH FOR THIS PRODUCT ON FRIDAY 6TH SEPT. AT 5PM
----
~ AllTheAnime.com Special Offer ~
From Friday 6th Sept. - Thursday 12th Sept. pre-order this for £29.99
(Regular price/SRP: £34.99)
-----

Read more about this product HERE
The first in our AllTheAnime Music range is the soundtrack to the classic series, FLCL as a limited edition 2 x 12" LP vinyl record release!
This 12" 2 x LP (180g vinyl) set comes in gatefold packaging with liner notes including lyrics and a bonus square print of the artwork used on the front of the packaging exclusive to this release!
Track listing:
SIDE A
01 - LAST DINOSAUR
02 - Ride on Shooting Star
03 - Sad Sad Kiddie
04 - CARNIVAL
05 - RUNNERS HIGH ~FLCL Ver.~
06 - Instant Music
07 - STALKER
SIDE B
01 - Rever's Edge (B-6)
02 - STALKER GOES TO BABYLON
03 - ONE LIFE
04 - PAIN (A-7)
SIDE C
01 - Comedian's Gallop
02 - HYBRID RAINBOW
03 - Selfish-b (B-5)
04 - Pink (A-6)
05 - Beautiful Morning With you
06 - Sleepy Head
SIDE D
01 - Bran-new Lovesong
02 - Come Down
03 - Advice ~FLCL Arrange Ver.~
04 - LITTLE BUSTERS
-----
RELEASE DATE: 11th November 2019
NOTE: All pre-orders will be shipped as close to
release date as possible once stock is available.
------
Product Details
Release date:
11/11/2019
Format: 12" 180g vinyl record
Playback speed: 33rpm
Packaging size: 313mm x 313mm
Label: All The Anime Music
Cat. no.: ANIM0006
SRP: £34.99
NOTE: This is a Limited Edition product. There will be no reprinting of this product. Once it appears as out-of-stock we do not expect there to be more stock available.
Not ordered from us before? Read our F.A.Q. HERE
All orders (including pre-orders) at AllTheAnime.com require immediate payment. Please see F.A.Q. for more details.
DO YOU LIVE IN NORTH AMERICA? Order this from RightStufAnime.com

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Guilty Gear Memorial Record is available for purchase at TGS. Hopefully it'll go online eventually.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Heads up if any of you bought the recent EU repress of Dark Souls 2 from Bandai Namco. It seems that some (maybe all?) copies have the wrong music pressed onto side C, so it's worth checking out asap and get in touch with Bandai Namco.

The music is from another soundtrack to a game called 2Dark, which was originally pressed at the same plant. Makes me wonder if someone just figured 2Dark = Dark Souls 2.

Hey all,

Really sorry to quote something from a year ago, but I recently picked up a copy of each episodes of Dark Souls on vinyl for my brother's birthday.

Problem is : the issue is still there, and even worse, I got this answer from the customer service :

EEliUELWwAcebnf

Translation and TL;DR :
Basically, what they're saying here is that most of their Dark Souls II vinyls they have in stock have the SAME ISSUE. So they don't want to give us another copy, and are instead asking us if we would like a refund or a 20 euros coupon for the Bamco EU Store.

I... Don't know what to think of this... Does it mean they are willingly selling a defective product on their store?

I'm trying to reach Bamco FR in some ways in order to try & have some sort of explanation on this weird situation via my Twitter

Sorry, I wrote this all in French, but I'm unsure what I should do next to make them publish some kind of answer. I'm quite baffled.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all,

Really sorry to quote something from a year ago, but I recently picked up a copy of each episodes of Dark Souls on vinyl for my brother's birthday.

Problem is : the issue is still there, and even worse, I got this answer from the customer service :

EEliUELWwAcebnf

Translation and TL;DR : Basically, what they're saying here is that most of their Dark Souls II vinyls they have in stock have the SAME ISSUE. So they don't want to give us another copy, and are instead asking us if we would like a refund or a 20 euros coupon for the Bamco EU Store.

I... Don't know what to think of this... Does it mean they are willingly selling a defective product on their store?

I'm trying to reach Bamco FR in some ways in order to try & have some sort of explanation on this weird situation via my Twitter

Sorry, I wrote this all in French, but I'm unsure what I should do next to make them publish some kind of answer. I'm quite baffled.
If I recall correctly they recently restocked all their Dark Souls variants meaning they had another run done with the exact same issue. It is absurd if they decided to hold on to these instead of sending them back as this is a MAJOR fuck up at the pressing plant.

My own experiences with Bamco customer services haven't exactly been wonderful (although they're unrelated to this issue), so they don't strike me as being competent enough to handle their own music releases.

Sorry to hear that this is still an issue.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
So some of the DS2 soundtracks are faulty? Or all of them? There are two different listings on Discogs.

original version - https://www.discogs.com/Motoi-Sakur...s-II-The-Original-Soundtrack/release/12481942
fixed version - https://www.discogs.com/Motoi-Sakur...s-II-The-Original-Soundtrack/release/12762623

I haven't listened to mine yet so I don't know if it's faulty but I wonder if I could get the $20 voucher if I ordered back in May. I'm not all that bothered about the misprint, but I won't turn down the chance of getting a voucher.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
So some of the DS2 soundtracks are faulty? Or all of them? There are two different listings on Discogs.

original version - https://www.discogs.com/Motoi-Sakur...s-II-The-Original-Soundtrack/release/12481942
fixed version - https://www.discogs.com/Motoi-Sakur...s-II-The-Original-Soundtrack/release/12762623

I haven't listened to mine yet so I don't know if it's faulty but I wonder if I could get the $20 voucher if I ordered back in May. I'm not all that bothered about the misprint, but I won't turn down the chance of getting a voucher.
Some are faulty, not all.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember if I'm having a brain fart or not but did anyone get their MGS vinyl yet? I just got back from vacation and realized I got a shipment email about....3 weeks ago but I don't believe it came here. Checking tracking shows the label has been created but it hasn't been shipped. Trying to figure out if I need to reach out to support or if they just printed their labels insanely early.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Some are faulty, not all.

So, I got some news about this situation :

I talked with a french consumer defense group, and they advised to contact the authorities about it.

So, I gave them all the information I had, about some people receiving faulty copies, some receiving good ones, Bamco not making a public statement...
And they confirmed that Bamco are quite likely against the law in this situation. They're going to investigate this, and with a bit of luck, maybe we'll all be able to get some proper copies of the OST, who knows XD

I'll keep you all informed.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember if I'm having a brain fart or not but did anyone get their MGS vinyl yet? I just got back from vacation and realized I got a shipment email about....3 weeks ago but I don't believe it came here. Checking tracking shows the label has been created but it hasn't been shipped. Trying to figure out if I need to reach out to support or if they just printed their labels insanely early.

I am having literally this exact situation. I got a shipping notification (Pre-Shipment) on Aug 27th and it hasn't changed since. I contacted them last Tuesday and they asked me to give it a few more days while they look into it. Fast-forward to this week, I contacted them Monday morning and got no response. Sent another message today.

I had this happen once or twice with Mondo and they took care of stuff immediately. They either got back to me or took action super fast. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm pretty annoyed I've had to fire off 3 messages to them and yet I'm getting constant Mondo merch newsletters each day this week. I hope this isn't a sign of them becoming unreliable... To make things worse, Five Element Ninja lives really close to me, a neighboring zip code, and he got his on-time when it shipped.