• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I am having literally this exact situation. I got a shipping notification (Pre-Shipment) on Aug 27th and it hasn't changed since. I contacted them last Tuesday and they asked me to give it a few more days while they look into it. Fast-forward to this week, I contacted them Monday morning and got no response. Sent another message today.

I had this happen once or twice with Mondo and they took care of stuff immediately. They either got back to me or took action super fast. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm pretty annoyed I've had to fire off 3 messages to them and yet I'm getting constant Mondo merch newsletters each day this week. I hope this isn't a sign of them becoming unreliable... To make things worse, Five Element Ninja lives really close to me, a neighboring zip code, and he got his on-time when it shipped.

The weird thing is we both live in Austin (where Mondo is located) and our packages from them always go from Austin to Dallas and back to Austin. I guess they're just shipping all of their packages to Dallas for distribution, but still, it seems a little silly to do that extra step.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing is we both live in Austin (where Mondo is located) and our packages from them always go from Austin to Dallas and back to Austin. I guess they're just shipping all of their packages to Dallas for distribution, but still, it seems a little silly to do that extra step.

Yeah I'm in Dallas so I usually get it next day. I normally get labels about a week or two ahead of time, which is fine but this one I just simply forgot about until I saw the shipment email sitting in my inbox.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Mondo finally got back to me about the MGS vinyl and it's just made me a notch angrier. It's a word-for-word copy/paste response, identical to the one they sent me last week when I originally messaged them. Says "we're looking into it and will trace the package, in the mean time please allow for a week..."

what. the. fuck.

Oh, and as I was typing this I just got a nice newsletter email about a hot, new Iron Giant figure going up for sale from them! Oooooh!!!!
Hey, how about you get me the thing I ordered first, jerks. That'd be nice. Thanks!

Get your shit together, Mondo.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
If you work for a company that produces licensed game vinyl and you read/lurk this thread, please bug Nintendo 24/7 and try to get the rights for the new Link's Awakening. I need Tal Tal Heights on wax.

Thank you.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...so not the direct topic, but I'm enough of a fan of Simogo that I'd be down to get a physical copy. But getting it Q1 2020 when it's out now digitally and the physical will be like 3x the price too is unfortunately hard to justify. Wish it shipped much sooner than that.

So I'll just play it this weekend and grab the vinyl if I'm really into the soundtrack, I guess.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
From Data Discs newsletter:
Today we're pleased to announce restocks of four titles from our back catalogue.

First up is POLICENAUTS, released in partnership with Konami. Double LP on 180g white vinyl, accompanied by a 12 page art booklet and litho print. The creator of this game has a new one coming out in November, you may have heard of it. Please be aware this is the final pressing of this release.

Secondly, we have repressed GOLDEN AXE I & II for the first time since 2016. 180g translucent gold vinyl, with two heavyweight lithographic prints. Released in partnership with SEGA of Japan.

Thirdly, we have restocked two perennial SEGA classics - SHENMUE (translucent blue edition) and STREETS OF RAGE 2 (double frosted clear vinyl).

Finally, we will be selling some leftover limited editions of our THUNDER FORCE IV release from earlier this year. Triple 180g LP on blue, black and grey swirl vinyl. Please note this is leftover stock and not a repress. Only a small number of copies will be available. First come, first served. One per person.

All of the above will go on sale tomorrow, SATURDAY 21st SEPTEMBER at 5:00pm BST (i.e: London time, which is 12:00pm EST or 9:00am PST).

All products are in-hand and ready to ship. No pre-orders. We will begin shipping next week.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this was posted here before; I thought this Discogs article was an interesting read...

10 Video Game Soundtracks More Expensive Than Caviar

Anybody here own any of these?

I used to have both, the F-Zero X and Mario Kart 64 CD. That's craziness.

In other news, Mondo finally sent me a replacement MGS vinyl after leaving them three messages. Appreciate that they made good but this is the third time in about 15 months that this occurred. Where a shipment never even makes it out of that pre-shipment phase and never finds its way to me. Seems like more than a fluke at this point.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea there was a vinyl soundtrack for the Playstation Ghost in the Shell game, now that thing's gonna haunt me for a while. Of course, it's been so long since I've played the game (which I do own) I have no idea what the music was like on it.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Mondo said they're going to replace my MGS order, I got confirmation of the replacement and I'm awaiting shipping confirmation. I'll keep y'all updated. FWIW, I emailed them twice. Once with support, with about a 3 day response, and then again to confirm my address. I got confirmation 24 hours later.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
In the same boat on my Metal Gear vinyl. Got shipping confirmation back on August 27th, but the tracking never moved from "Awaiting item" so I'm guessing UPS just never got it from Mondo.

Customer service speed has been solid so far through, just got order confirmation this morning for the replacement copy. Fingers crossed it gets here.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Listing is up on STS for Celeste - Farewell, apparently it goes live tomorrow: https://www.shiptoshoremedia.com/store/albums/celeste-farewell

Celeste%20Farewell%20MOCKUP-mobile.jpg

I'm halfway through the chapter and it might be Lena's best work yet.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Celeste album looks nice. Good for Lena Raine, she deserves it.
That splatter looks awful, though. Where is the other one being sold?

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
System Shock is getting released on vinyl, preorder October 1st. $35, 2xLP.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/system-shock-limited-run-edition-announced-for-october-1st.142757/

Checking youtube I'm not seeing more than ~35min of music so...

System shock sure had one weird OST, and it was all in MIDI, so... I really wonder how they will manage this release...
I know the MAC OS version had some different, redbook audio mix, maybe they'll include this on the B-side?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I own a lot of Celeste music on vinyl, it seems. And the B side cassette cause that was funny and fitting to have; I'll skip the cassette this time, though.

I did finally plug in my player again recently too, so I feel better about buying again. I'm moving in a few weeks and hope to set it up again permanently after that; I just need to convince my cat to stop using it as a bed as much...

May 30, 2018

weird choice sequencing the Sayonara LP/digital differently than the game if i'm being honest. i like the flow of the game more than the split vocals/instrumental tracks.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
The Ellie edition of the The Last of Us 2 include a 7". I wonder if it's the same one that Mondo put out a while ago.

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
Remaining copies of the Below 2LP available now for those who missed out the first time:

Limited Run Games and Brave Wave have announced a new partnership:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
My MGS vinyl came Wednesday. It took a few days for Mondo to get back to me but once they did it was all sorted out pretty quickly.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Not sure how fast this will go:

System Shock OST from Limited Run. Neon Green variant, run of 500.

SystemShock-OST_540x.png

I really don't understand what's inside this Double LP.
The original tracks are MIDI and the total duration of it is around 40 minutes. What MIDI instruments did they use for the record? What did they put on the second disc? Why there's no tracklist displayed on the product info page?
Why is there no other infos than just "There's a limited colour"?

I love System Shock and its OST but this lack of communication on the product is off-putting =/

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand what's inside this Double LP.
The original tracks are MIDI and the total duration of it is around 40 minutes. What MIDI instruments did they use for the record? What did they put on the second disc? Why there's no tracklist displayed on the product info page?
Why is there no other infos than just "There's a limited colour"?

I love System Shock and its OST but this lack of communication on the product is off-putting =/
Reading this post after ordering it instantly earlier...

NewFrankAxolotl-small.gif

Everything I've ordered from Limited Run in the past has been solid, but you bring up some good points lol

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Reading this post after ordering it instantly earlier...

NewFrankAxolotl-small.gif

Everything I've ordered from Limited Run in the past has been solid, but you bring up some good points lol

Did you keep your order anyway? I know it's already sold out, but if yes, when you receive it, I'd love to hear a small sample and the complete tracklist, y'know... If one day a copy shows up on Discogs at a reasonable price ^^'

rpbtz

Oct 26, 2017
LRG mentions that System Shock is a variant, so it will most likely be available elsewhere later.