• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Someone posted this last night and the thread got moved over to etc. Conversation turned almost immediately to gun control.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like an initiative that despite its good intentions will be twisted into a controversy around games glorifying mass shootings

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
Haven't watched the video, but if it can help students when and if a mass shooting were to take place I'm all for it. My kids school does an active shooter drill every year, and I can say it relieves some of my anxiety a tiny bit.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shooter should be AI, why let people play as him. Also it won't be long till the game is modded so you can actually shoot the kids when you play as the shooter.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
After watching the video, it seems like it could be helpful. It's weird that it looks like you get thrown into either role of being the active shooter or teacher so that's got to be a weird sort of way to simulate/learn. I just wonder more information about how the whole system works and whether or not its depth can translate to a real situation.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
It's pretty sad that we've gotten to a point where there are so many shootings that games are being made to teach students and teachers how to react to shootings. It's crazy.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Shooter should be AI, why let people play as him. Also it won't be long till the game is modded so you can actually shoot the kids when you play as the shooter.

That's probably because an AI isn't unpredictable, a shooter is. Having the shooter controlled by the AI would probably severely limit the effectiveness of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.