• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Zelda II part 2 has been translated !

Also, season 2 of the Minecraft stream was also subbed recently.

Can't post links unfortunately.
Is spoiler/quote allowed for this ?
Better not.

I think at this point people know where to look for the episodes. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Still watching it, but the Videogame museum section is so interesting. That "Death Race" cabinet was cool to see, to think that something that looked like that was once considered too graphic and violent.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
Since it's bumped I'll add that I ordered the red version of the new Greatest Hits blu rays because...well, I was just glad to have something region free in hd. It's pretty cool, a few old eps and a re-challenge of that old Atlantis game. It would be nice if this is their entry into all-blu ray releases.

i didnt even know this was a thing. where did you order from?

found them on CDJapan. whats the difference between red and green?

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been checking SAGCCX every night since they posted Part 1. Thank goodness.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't knew the second part was already available, had to check the SA forums since the webpage isn't updated :P

That said, I don't understand this "hardcoded" and "softsubbed" stuff for the Minecraft videos, can anyone guide me?

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Hardcoded means that the subtitles are rendered into the video and can't be turned off, like in every SA-GCCX translation, and is preferable for those watching the videos on a dedicated hardware. Softsubbed is an individual subtitle track, giving you the option of turning the English text on and off, but it doesn't work too well with every device out there (although I'm assuming most modern media players can render them without problems).
Many thanks for the clarification, is hardcoded for me then, much appreciated.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I'm surprised no one brought up that GCCX is now legally available in the US again.

Nothing new (Same batch of episodes from the Kotaku release, and it specifically uses the dubbed narrator instead of the subtitled version), unfortunately. But it's there if you missed it. They even have a few episodes on Youtube with some truly dreadful titles.

""
I don't really get why it's specifically tied to a site for B-movies. But the company is legitimate.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I will forever thank Kotaku for bring this show to my attention.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I'm surprised no one brought up that GCCX is now legally available in the US again.

Nothing new (Same batch of episodes from the Kotaku release, and it specifically uses the dubbed narrator instead of the subtitled version), unfortunately. But it's there if you missed it. They even have a few episodes on Youtube with some truly dreadful titles.

""
I don't really get why it's specifically tied to a site for B-movies. But the company is legitimate.

They've got some legit classic anime on there, too. Urusei Yatsura!

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They did a really great job picking episodes to dub. Those were among the very best episodes to that point.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Kacho's struggle with Ninja Gaiden made me a fan for life.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Still blocked outside of the US, but hey, Midnight Pulp released 4 episodes for free to watch on YouTube, I'll take it since couldn't watch it back then on Kotaku either due to the same regional restrictions.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why aren't they updating SAGCCX anymore? Part 2 still isn't up there.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Why aren't they updating SAGCCX anymore? Part 2 still isn't up there.
As per the SA thread, the guy who mantains the site doesn't have the time right now to update it, better check the thread constantly for any new updates.
The person who translated part one of the Captain Tsubasa 2 episode released the second part a few days ago. Look up for it on the usual download website.
Thanks for the heads up.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know why the recent blurays came with red/black BIC Easy Slide pens? They're not branded at all as far as I can tell and I'm not up enough on the show to get the reference.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The person who translated part one of the Captain Tsubasa 2 episode released the second part a few days ago. Look up for it on the usual download website.
lol these tsubasa subtitles are bizarre

wtf is a "jew header"

Thanks for the heads up though, better than nothing!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol
I'm not sure if that's better or worse than the old TV Nihon subs.
I'll admit that I haven't seen this episode yet, but since it's now taking a long time between releases from SA-GCCX, this will have to do for the time being.
Hah I was talking about the first part to be fair. The second part is a lot better!

That was a really nice set of episodes, that really brought back some serious Captain Tsubasa nostalgia.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
The New Year's revenge special of Zelda II was subbed.

I haven't watched it yet, so don't know if he beats it or falls into despair.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
New years revenge was incredible

The moment I saw the setup they'd prepared for Arino I knew what was going down, that was genius.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The New Year's revenge special of Zelda II was subbed.

I haven't watched it yet, so don't know if he beats it or falls into despair.

Finally watched this, I often forget how invested I can get into this show. He gets only 15 minutes to finish the game due broadcasting timing:

And he beat it, including Dark Link and with 30 seconds to spare lol

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Woah.
He did Super Mario RPG in his latest episode.
There's going to be a second part.

Sub of this need to come out now!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Woah.
He did Super Mario RPG in his latest episode.
There's going to be a second part.

Sub of this need to come out now!
I'd pay a subscription for simulcast (or close to it) subs for new episodes. I need more GCCX, it's just unfortunate how long it takes for new stuff to get subtitled. :(

OP
OP
zroid

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd pay a subscription for simulcast (or close to it) subs for new episodes. I need more GCCX, it's just unfortunate how long it takes for new stuff to get subtitled. :(
Would be amazing if Crunchy Roll or someone got the rights to it

I wonder if an issue with licensing the series is the games themselves

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Its so strange. When NihonTV or what the first subgroup was called translated it, it was slow, but steady.
Then all of a sudden it got big, subs were coming like every few days, even Kotaku bought the rights to some episodes....

And since around 4 years its just.... like 4 episodes or less a year or so.