• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...bat-gameplay-and-details-for-the-outer-worlds

With our new cover story on Obsidian's The Outer Worlds, we're rolling out exclusive features and videos throughout the month. For the video above, we spoke with the game's co-director Tim Cain and lead designer Charles Staples about their approach to combat. The team started out with Fallout: New Vegas as the "touchstone game," but soon deviated by adding things like companion commands and a slow-motion option called "tactical time-dilation". Watch the interview above to see plenty of new combat gameplay and learn how the team at Obsidian balanced shooting action with RPG elements.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
It's nice to see things like staggering enemies when shooting them in the legs. TOW is not going to have the best combat in the world, but it's solid enough. Thankfully, that's not what Obsidian RPGs are all about. Can't wait for this one to come out!

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to this, that's for sure. Still worried about the world design though, everything so far looks very flat with some buildings placed here and there.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I quite like those bloodeffects. But much more than combat, I'm interested in all the different ways of avoiding combat =P

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
This is the kind of game that I don't give a damn about the combat

It's all about exploration/interactions/solving problems with smart options (or dumb)

But combat looks good, which bodes well for the rest of the package

Very hyped

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Combat looks solid as hell. I think this game is gonna be pretty special.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Game looks super solid, and I'm really digging the look of it. I think this is going to be the last thing I watch or read of it though, as I'm pretty much sold; just counting down the days until release now.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
The combat being good/great would be awesome but fortunately combat isn't the priority of an RPG (personally) and I would judge The outer worlds on other merits.

Oct 26, 2017
This definitely looks a lot better than the brief combat we've seen in the reveal gameplay. That was the one thing that didn't look too hot to me. Hopefully they upload this on YouTube soon. Wanna see it on the big screen.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
This looks a lot like FNV with a bullet time mod but with tighter gun controls. Loving it already. Currently playing a modded Fallout 4 game that kinda looks a lot like this as well. The ability to cripple enemy limbs though is the thing I love the most. Just so sadistic to shoot out some guys legs and watch him struggle to get to you with his melee weapon then bullet time and headshot him to end his misery.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Does this have a 3rd person view or is it strictly First person? I can't find anything conclusive on that.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I like VATS type systems because it makes the game more accessible to people who don't normally like FPS controls so it's cool they have something similar.