• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
There's a suit you get from beating a sidequest that puts a cat into your backpack. It's got it's own spider-man mask and helps you beat bad guys up when you hit them with finishers... GOTY confirmed??

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Reading now, Miles uses a phone app to track crimes called the Friendly Neighborhood Spider App instead of the police scanner.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
it is. We use temporal injection to create and deliver a 4K image (which then gets tone mapped, and UI applied).

The native resolution behind the scenes is dynamic, but temporal injection means you'll always see 4K.

Thanks for the response. How does this compare to what you do in fidelity mode? Just a higher native resolution before injection?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
it is. We use temporal injection to create and deliver a 4K image (which then gets tone mapped, and UI applied).

The native resolution behind the scenes is dynamic, but temporal injection means you'll always see 4K.
Wow, that's actually a really cool technique. I hope more games have VFR use that method

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There will likely be other graphical details turned down on PS4/PS4 Pro. I really hope Digital Foundry does a comparison video because I'm extremely interested to see.
It will definitely be interesting. I imagine overall PS4 Miles Morales will also look better than PS4 Spiderman considering they had more time to refine things

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
clean.jpg
Lord this might be my suit lord.

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
I would prefer lower resolution with RT at 60 FPS. I read people here saying that RT scales with resolution so I had good hopes that performance mode would be something like 1440@60 with RT. I guess it's not that simple.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
So as someone who hasn't played Spiderman PS4 yet, does it matter if I start there first or jump right into Miles?

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
That 2020 suit variant...
For fuck's sake. I enjoy my work, we work with various franchises and stuff, but boy I'm jelly. Insomniac, hire me.
/dead

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
There are missions where Peter is a hologram that he created to help mentor Miles.

Interesting that there are no missions like the lab experiment missions from the first game, Insomniac did not want players going away from the open world.

Seems to be a sequel mission to the
pigeon
missions.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017

Thanks for your work. If I may ask, can you say if the no loading is like this demo Sony showed?

YIJmNh7.gif

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I honestly didn't fast travel in Spider-Man. Cause I had so much fun swinging around. I'll probably use it more this time though. Not having to sit through the transitions when the game changes time of day will be much appreciated though.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
I honestly didn't fast travel in Spider-Man. Cause I had so much fun swinging around. I'll probably use it more this time though. Not having to sit through the transitions when the game changes time of day will be much appreciated though.
The subway animations were the best part about fast travelling. Was funny to see all the people just ignoring spider-man texting on his phone lmao

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
I probably want be able to find a PS5 this year, so I will have the play the PS4 version. Does anyone know if the PS4 version will have the upgraded facial capture of Miles and the new Peter Parker?