• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
E3 2018 is finally here and developers from all around the globe have converged on Los Angeles to show off what they've been working on. From massive triple-A publishers to the smallest of development teams, games of all shapes and sizes are at the show. While those big-name games may garner the most excitement on press conference stages and the showfloor, it's unwise to overlook the perpetually strong stable of independent games on show at E3.

Here are the best and most promising independent games the Game Informer staff saw at E3 2018.

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2018/2018/06/14/the-best-indie-games-of-e3-2018

Make sure to check out the link to get a nice little write up about the games.

Ashen
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Children of Morta
Death's Gambit
Hamsterdam
Kids
The King's Bird
Neo Cab
Outer Wilds
Spaera
Super Meat Boy Forever
Treachery in Beatdown City
Tunic
Vroom Kaboom
Wargroove

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Personally looking forward to Death's Gambit and Ashen. I'm also very curious about Children of Morta.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Was waiting for an article like this, nice.

Tunic looks incredible, easily my most anticipated indie game. Bloodstained is right up there too.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Wargroove, Ashen, and Children of Morta all look absurdly good. I backed Bloodstained sight unseen.

Tunic looks rad too, albeit super derivative.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I'll have to check this out when I get home. Personally already looking forward to Ashen, Bloodstained, Death's Gambit and Tunic.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Was super hyped for Tunic since the previous PC Gaming Show. Unfortunately it's exclusive now lol. Waiting for PS4 version.

Also where is Afterparty? From Oxenfree devs

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
My disappointment when I didn't see Major Colvin as the protagonist of Hamsterdam is palpable.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
No Sable? :<

tumblr_pa75jjTFpk1vtm42eo1_500.gif

ezgif-4-b8830cb8e4.gif

May 5, 2018
Tunic looks incredible and Wargroove is certainly one of my most anticipated this year (if its a 2018 release at this point), but man there are some glaring omissions. No Ori 2? No Afterparty? No My Friend Pedro? I was hoping to see an obscure game like Bad North get mentioned here, but I guess Game Informer didn't play it.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Still cannot wait for Children of Morta, that game sounds like it could be something special.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Not an excellent E3 for indies. Luckily, 2018 is still seeing great indies on a regular basis.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Outer Wilds is gonna be awesome.

Wait, why does My Memory Of Us remind me of some previous game about kids in WW2, there was one in development, right?

Yeah, was called Imagination Is The Only Escape.
imaginationesc-1401x788-54c765a6-c800-4de4-91f5-b33930865b88.png

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Not an excellent E3 for indies. Luckily, 2018 is still seeing great indies on a regular basis.
Indie presence on the show floor was really muted this year. A lot of these games were only available at invite only events.

I played a good amount of Wargroove, and it's legit. The AW sized hole on the Switch has been filled.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I wanted to get Ashen Day 1. It'll be available via gamepass.

Outer Wilds was a freebie through Mixer.

Tunic is on the top of my list.

nuchallenger

Oct 29, 2017
Very thankful to be on this list (Treachery in Beatdown City) - I had a small amount of press play it (mostly because we started booking appointments 2 weeks before the show), but everyone was hyped as hell.

And I was happy to see Tunic on the big Xbox stage.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty average list, tunic and ashen are the only interesting ones for me.

Sable and My Friend Pedro should definitely be on the list