• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will edit as I go on.

What I got from the video :
- You can create an avatar named Outer.
- Mechs are called Arsenal.
- You can grab weapons from defeated enemis to add to your Arsenal, adapting fighting style while in-mission.
- Setting: Moon crashed down, and mankind is in quite a difficult situation.
- Due to that, a new kind of energy called Femto energy was created and is having various effects on the world.
- Artificial Intelligence that was previously used by mankind has been affected by that energy and now they're rebelling against humanity.
- You (the player) will get inside an Arsenal and fight against that AI in behalf of humanity.
- The LAB in the hangar is used to personalize and upgrade (movement speed, jumping ability, new skills) your Outer. Those enhancements carries over to the Arsenal.
- Outers are not just normal human beings, they've been affected by Femto energy too and are some sort of super humans, and have been driven off from the normal society.
- You pick up missions at the hangar.
- The mission they first play has them playing on-foot at first, because they need to infiltrate an enemy base to steal an Arsenal.
- You can indeed fight without the mech, with swords & such.
- Enemy mechs are much faster, stronger and smarter than normal tanks you fight.
- Final version will have all cutscenes dubbed (thats not the case yet).
- When you play game in multiplayer, hangar will serve as a HUB for all the players.
- Goes up to four players with each their mech.
- Both online and local multiplayer.
- You can compensate missing players with CPU (so, play with one friend and two CPUs for example).
- One can attract the boss while the others shoot him down.
- In this mission, the boss left a huge laser beam. You can shoot him with that, but you can also keep it, finish the mission then take it back to the hangar so the R&D team will work to create a miniaturized version for your Arsenal.
- There's a countdown after you've beaten the boss, and it's tied to "pretty unique multiplayer feature that no game has ever done before but we're not going to talk about it until a later date".
- Last mission shown this time is an extermination mission taking place in an in-door environment, limiting the movements.
- A very pivotal character for the story appears at the end of that mission.
- You can change your weapon loadout on real-time, but you need to have that equipped beforehand.
- Femto energy is a resource that you have to manage. Some weapons (like the sword used in the demo) uses that energy.
- Femto energy can be thought like a MP bar in RPGs.

Done.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
The art style is gorgeous, feels like it might scratch my Gundam/Armored Core craving when it comes out.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Game looks great overalll but honestly a little less action packed than the trailers made it out to be. Combat doesn't seem to have a lot of... weight? I'm going with weight, to it everything looks kind of floaty for a giant robot smashing things up.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I was very skeptical at first, but the more I see from this title, the more I like it. The artstyle looked rough initially, but it really grows on me.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait, this look like a real gamey game

Hell yeah

I will edit as I go on.

- You can grab weapons from defeated enemis to add to your Arsenal, adapting fighting style while in-mission.
- Due to that, a new kind of energy called Phanto(?) energy was created and is having various effects on the world.
- Artificial Intelligence that was previously used by mankind has been affected by that energy and now they're rebelling against humanity.
- You (the player) will get inside an Arsenal and fight against that AI in behalf of humanity.
- The LAB in the hangar is used to personalize and upgrade (movement speed, jumping ability, new skills) your Outer. Those enhancements carries over to the Arsenal.
- Outers are not just normal human beings, they've been affected by Phanto energy too and are some sort of super humans, and have been driven off from the normal society.
- The mission they first play has them playing on-foot at first, because they need to infiltrate an enemy base to steal an Arsenal.
- Enemy mechs are much faster, stronger and smarter than normal tanks you fight.

This sounds nuts and awesome

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's still so odd that they opened E3 with this game, but the more I see, the more I want it.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That man literally just sold me the game by describing the story... Yes please take my money.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
My main concern is that every mech game/action sequence seems to boil down to strafing while firing lock on missiles with the occasional close range sword slash, which can get super repetitive. I'm hoping there's more going on here.

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I will edit as I go on.

- Due to that, a new kind of energy called Phanto(?) energy was created and is having various effects on the world.
- Outers are not just normal human beings, they've been affected by Phanto energy too and are some sort of super humans, and have been driven off from the normal society.
- When you play game in multiplayer, hangar will serve as a HUB for all the players.

Thanks for the list man!

One thing, I'm pretty sure it's Femto energy by the way.

OP
OP
Jan 2, 2018
I almost get a feeling of a somewhat mecha-version of Monster Hunter. Probably a dumb comparison, but man, the game just looks like so much fun!

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Super excited for this game.

The story from what it has been shown and what Tsukuda said, it's soo anime: mechs like samurai, you fight the bad guys but you're also seen as a threat by the humans.

The tease at the new key feature...

My main concern is that every mech game/action sequence seems to boil down to strafing while firing lock on missiles with the occasional close range sword slash, which can get super repetitive. I'm hoping there's more going on here.

The loop should be: explore the area, destroy the enemy and collect stuffs you find in the map or weapons from the enemies you destroy.

Gameplay is similar to Armored Core, so very arcade-y, the focus is on the mech: how it moves, how many weapons can you use at the same time,... There will be differences here with the story, the art style of course, and the multiplayer for co-op on the go. (Tsukuda said this should one of the main selling points)

I almost get a feeling of a somewhat mecha-version of Monster Hunter. Probably a dumb comparison, but man, the game just looks like so much fun!

Actually i was thinking about MH too, it obviously depends on how much hardcore and how long the game will be (Tsukuda said that he wants the game to be enjoyable also for players who has never tried games like this before)

They talked about Online matches with up to 4 players (with bots if needed), there is always a boss at the end of each level with weak points and different strategies, and he teased a feature that he thinks nobody has seen before in other games, when you beat the boss and the countdown starts.

Last edited:

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Looking good. I was surprised by the co op option. Im hoping to see some more advanced levels because the base game looks very solid and they can go crazy with level and boss design.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
The loop should be: explore the area, destroy the enemy and collect stuffs you find in the map or weapons from the enemies you destroy.

Gameplay is similar to Armored Core, so very arcade-y, the focus is on the mech: how it moves, how many weapons can you use at the same time,... There will be differences here with the story, the art style of course, and the multiplayer for co-op on the go. (Tsukuda said this should one of the main selling points)

Actually i was thinking about MH too, it obviously depends on how much hardcore and how long the game will be (Tsukuda said that he wants the game to be enjoyable also for players who has never tried games like this before)

They talked about Online matches with up to 4 players (with bots if needed), there is always a boss at the end of each level with weak points and different strategies, and he teased a feature that he thinks nobody has seen before in other games, when you beat the boss and the countdown starts.

Nice. I haven't played an Armored Core since the PS1 days if I'm not mistaken. Most other games that shoehorn a mech section in tend to be kinda dull.

I'm loving the idea of beating a boss and some multiplayer countdown starting...people better be playing this!

I'm pretty much already sold. Seems they're putting a lot of thought and work into this one.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
This game is rocketing to the top of my most anticipated list...I have a feeling it's going to be a much larger success than anyone is currently anticipating.

A Gundam-esque game on the Switch? Sounds like a recipe for huge success. Feels like most people are sleeping on this one right now, likely due to how packed everything is from Sept-March or so of next year.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it fun? Sounds like ass to me. Co-op turning into PvP would completely turn me off from it.

Depends, I like it in a way but if you're in a party with people you know then it's less likely to happen. If it's randoms? Then yeah, it's to be expected.

I do appreciate in this demo they had someone competent playing it instead of the person from E3. Getting a MH vibe from the multiplayer especially boss battles, though I would like a PvP mode if anything. The on foot stuff is a bit neat but I'm not too interested in that.

I'm already on board but what would really sell me besides PvP and some type of crazy mechanics is the boss fights against other mechs. Definitely was the best part of the Armored Core campaigns.

Last edited:

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I will edit as I go on.

- Due to that, a new kind of energy called Femto energy was created and is having various effects on the world.
- Outers are not just normal human beings, they've been affected by Femto energy too and are some sort of super humans, and have been driven off from the normal society.
- You can compensate missing players with CPU (so, play with one friend and two CPUs for example).
- One can attract the boss while the others shoot him down.
- In this mission, the boss left a huge laser beam. You can shoot him with that, but you can also keep it, finish the mission then take it back to the hangar so the R&D team will work to create a miniaturized version for your Arsenal.
- There's a countdown after you've beaten the boss, and it's tied to "pretty unique multiplayer feature that no game has ever done before but we're not going to talk about it until a later date".
- Last mission shown this time is an extermination mission taking place in an in-door environment, limiting the movements.
- A very pivotal character for the story appears at the end of that mission.
- You can change your weapon loadout on real-time, but you need to have that equipped beforehand.
- Femto energy is a resource that you have to manage. Some weapons (like the sword used in the demo) uses that energy.
- Femto energy can be thought like a MP bar in RPGs.

Done.

Boldfaced for myself, because those are something I look forward to.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
This looks awesome! I especially dig the missions where you control your Outer and infiltrate enemy installations to steal new Arsenals. Also really excited to hear about the co-op.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The art style of this game is insane, the main artist is also the one that's responsible for FE Awakening, Fates and Heroes, iirc ... so if he returns to helm another FE game as the art director (3 Houses has a different one iirc), i hope Nintendo let's him go nuts.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit impressed by the graphics. Not only the artstyle but technically too, it looks really clean with plenty of neat effects. Almost surprised this is a Switch game tbh. Well done Marvelous.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I hope the music is as intense as the trailer for parts based on the original trailer. Game looks so cool.