• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
*deleted

D9Oh0dY.png

To paraphrase the tweet, the pitch never got to Square Enix as the company putting it together, SusheeGames, wasn't able to get things to that point [I'm not sure if that meant the company closed or not]. Gameplay looked like third person Blood Omen with a lock-on similar to Souls and showed some of Kain's abilities like his wolf form.

Not related to the art that popped up a couple years ago, that was apparently another project.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Looks like a nice remake, shame it couldn't get picked up, they did a really good job on lighting and art design, even this early! Here's hoping somebody takes notice and gives them a shot one of these days, though I don't know how they'd take that shot now, or who currently owns the IP.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
I've basically given up any hope at this point for anything Legacy of Kain related. It's always nice to see these projects come out of hiding, but it hurts every time.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
A reboot would be great at this point
I agree. I actually really enjoyed Defiance, but... it got to a point where things got pretty complicated and messy moving forward.

Side note: game dev highlight was getting to hug Amy Hennig and tell her how important the Kain series was for me growing up.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of franchises associated with members of this forum?

Like, this news is totally Mama Robotnik; news about Dino Crisis, Jawmuncher...

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Legacy of kain and the whole brand is kinda niche..

Sucks. I'm kinda sick of vampires but there was something special about that franchise when I was younger.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Ewww

Really wish that Blood Omen got the A Link Between Worlds and Link's Awakening treatment. Preserved the main gameplay and improved upon it.

The pitch that Paul Scott Canavan did art for was more my speed as well (the gameplay mockups look gorgeous) but I'd welcome anything at this point.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I agree. I actually really enjoyed Defiance, but... it got to a point where things got pretty complicated and messy moving forward.

Side note: game dev highlight was getting to hug Amy Hennig and tell her how important the Kain series was for me growing up.

Kain was pretty big for me too but a reboot would bring tons of new players in.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Looked like Blood Omen with Souls-style combat.

I get it, third person action RPGs are in short supply, but it didn't really look like Souls.

It looked like a classic style action rpg, where you locked onto an enemy and had a quick, short dodge to the side, and a basic attack combo. It was a work in progress, after all, so it was more for showing concepts, but it looked nice! It even had Kain shooting lighting as a magic attack, and turning into a wolf and speeding down the crypt.

I hope these guys get their chance to work on Kain again one of these days, the work they pitched looked solid!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I get it, third person action RPGs are in short supply, but it didn't really look like Souls.

Just at a high level with the lock-on and roll, it was first thing that came to mind.

Thinking on it now I suppose Deadhaus Sonata is a solid comparison in terms of look, which would make sense with the lineage there.

But yeah, would have loved to see the project get picked up.

Last edited:

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird how Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain can't get a game off the ground.

You'd think at least a remaster of the first two SR games would be happening, they would make bank right now. There's nothing else like them and they had such an engaging story on top of fantastic gameplay.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I mean goddamn, do I need to have my heart rip out of my chest every 2-3 years?

Can we please have an HD collection of all 5 games please?