• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
That sounds really cool, it's a shame we never got it. Wouldn't put it past Kojima to have hidden a puzzle solution in an e-mail or random text.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we got Death Stranding instead.

Silent Hills was probably the last chance for a great Silent Hill game for a long time.

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
Reminds me of
Pony Island
It would have been cool. I wish we had something like Silent Hill nowadays.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tumblr_ppbml0aIQP1vk2qmmo1_500.gif

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
This will never stop stinging lol

Death Stranding is a decent consolation prize, but god I wish Silent Hills could have come to fruition.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Reminds me of
Pony Island
It would have been cool. I wish we had something like Silent Hill nowadays.
I still can't deal with that one moment where you get messaged in it. Most ingenious fucking thing I've ever encountered.
Legit sat there dumb founded when it happened to me. Was absolutely amazing haha
Spoil this for me, please.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Spoil this for me, please.
There is a boss in the game that tells you "you can only win if you don't look away" after that you'll get a fake steam message from the game pretending to be someone from your friends list asking about Pony Island. When you go to answer their message You'll see that you never got any messages from them at all and that you looked away and lost the fight when you come back.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
There is a boss in the game that tells you "you can only win if you don't look away" after that you'll get a fake steam message from the game pretending to be someone from your friends list asking about Pony Island. When you go to answer their message You'll see that you never got any messages from them at all and that you looked away and lost the fight when you come back.
It even copies the name of your friend? That's incredible.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
There was going to be elements like receiving emails and text messages when not playing, sounds like something Kojima would do.

Or something that was already in Silent Hill Shattered Memories. People need to stop forgetting it exists, its a good game.

EDIT: oh, when not playing. then no.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I keep wondering... What exactly is stopping Kojima Productions from making a new horror IP and implementing these ideas? Surely he doesn't need the Silent Hill name to make this work?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Still hurts, was my initial drive to buy my base PS4 at the time. What could've been and all that. PT was the only horror game to actually make me lose sleep after playing it. Loved DS though.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I keep wondering... What exactly is stopping Kojima Productions from making a new horror IP and implementing these ideas? Surely he doesn't need the Silent Hill name to make this work?

Either he has moved on from the ideas he had from Silent Hills or Konami might be assholes about things and sue him for 'stealing' ideas from Silent Hills

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Would've been the next Eternal Darkness with some of this kinda stuff. The type of horror Kojima was doing with P.T, Silent Hills would've been legendary

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing DS writing and story. I'm sorta glad it didnt happen.
We've really dodged a bullet (or more like a poop grenade) with this one.
There's no way Kojima Productions could pull off a gimmick like this when they couldn't even figure out how to write believable emails in a silly game like Death Stranding.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
The real Silent Hills is the game we didn't get along the way.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Imma be honest, I don't think I'd enjoy a game haranguing me with phone calls or texts when I'm not playing it. Especially if that shit happened while I was at goddamn work.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Removed of context the idea of getting emails and text messages from a game sounds like the worst.

Plum

May 31, 2018
"Guess this hill's not so silent after all, eh Snake?"

"David Regret Past. The cult has been running Silent Hill for years."

"Cult?!?"

"Yes, their female leader MakeChild plans to resurrect the demon Damien Hellman and use the Brain Branding to influence our brain links and make us all... asexual."

"Asexual?!?!?!"

"Indeed. It's truly horrifying. Your only resources on this mission will be a lifetime supply of Rockstar Energy Drink, an Apple Watch, and a blu-ray copy of American Horror Story: 1984 (only on FX). Good luck."

*Low Roar intensifies*

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Removed of context the idea of getting emails and text messages from a game sounds like the worst.

I'm just imagining my phone starting to ring in the middle of a meeting because Kojima set his game up to troll you with meaningless calls.

Or worse, they're actually super plot important and skipping them fucks you out of seeing the true ending. It just seems like such a dumb idea.

"David Regret Past. The cult has been running Silent Hill for years."

"Cult?!?"

"Yes, their female leader MakeChild plans to resurrect the demon Damien Hellman and use the Brain Branding to influence our brain links and make us all... asexual."

"Asexual?!?!?!"

"Indeed. Your only resources on this mission will be a lifetime supply of Rockstar Energy Drink, an Apple Watch, and a blu-ray copy of American Horror Story: 1984 (only on FX). Good luck."

*Low Roar intensifies*

"Hello, David. My name is Paul Ramidhead. Do you like my GIANT KNIFE?"

*extended dick joke cutscene*