• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Skylight Freerange 2 - Gachduine

I couldnt believe it was done on a console and not flash or any shitty gamemaker engine. Let alone a ps4

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
for me it was sonic 2

this is not possible. hedgehogs dont wear little red shoes and they aren't friends with foxes. was this game made by fools or what.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
First time booting up Demon's Souls and coming face to face with the tutorial boss. Looked up and said 'nah'.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is still mind blowing to me.

rightbackatyabtch.gami9fxe.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
As a child it was Ocarina of Time, hyrule field felt massive the first time I walked onto it.

As an adult the closest thing I can think of is the trails games, where damn near every title ends on one or two massive twists that were extremely foreshadowed without being obvious where I didn't get them ahead of time. I'm almost always able to guess where stuff is going in story heavy games so for one series to surprise me multiple times always leaves me in awe.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Since everyone's talking about GOW...

The latest GoW did that for me. I still can't understand how so many extremely well detailed models can be in-screen without my PS4 exploding.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wing Commander 2 when:
Spirit commits suicide.
Silent Hill when:
LIsa realizes what she is.
Freespace 2 when:
the Colossus gets shredded by a SECOND Sathanas.

But in terms of tech, I guess in Dungeon Siege when you first make that first seamless indoor/outdoor transition. Too bad about the rest of the game. That, and coming out of the beginning bunker in Far Cry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threekola Miroswish
Feb 15, 2018
The first time I saw Turtles Arcade game I think my brain couldn't comprehend this

The sprites were more than perfect'

Konami did an amazing job bringing the cartoon Toitles to life

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Metal Gear Solid 2 will always be the game I think of when asked questions like this one. It was so far beyond anything else, visually, mechanically and aurally, that it quite literally ruined other games for me for a good six months.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God Of War 3 when you pull that guy's nail off. The scale of that fight was something else.

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watching all those MGSV trailers, i said multiple times it's just not possible how good that game looks, there's no way it'll deliver

and i was right :(

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also, everything about Cavalier in DMC5, cause having bike as an actual weapon in a high end action game is something that I never even dreamed about.
8rzcsAD.gif

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Uncharted 2's train set piece.

The whole time I was playing it I thought, how the hell are they doing this? Is it like a cartoon where they just repeat the background? But then how is it so seamless?

Oct 27, 2017
Going from God of War 2 ending CGI into God of War 3 which starts moments after 2 was mind melting.

Shit looked better than the damn CGI. GOW3 was so good.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone saying GOW, but my "this isn't possible" moment was watching Gears 1 the first time. I couldn't believe a game could look like that:

GoW_Shotgun3.gif

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Half-Life 2 was mindblowing when it came out, recently GoW and Spiderman impressed the hell out of me.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mario 64 for me, I saw it on Gamesmaster or similar in England.

I'd only had an Amiga before and I couldn't comprehend how Mario could do so many moves, how it was possible for the player to have control over it all.

I wasn't disappointed when I got an n64 and Mario!

OP
OP
Threekola Miroswish
Feb 15, 2018
Mario 64 for me, I saw it on Gamesmaster or similar in England.

I'd only had an Amiga before and I couldn't comprehend how Mario could do so many moves, how it was possible for the player to have control over it all.

I wasn't disappointed when I got an n64 and Mario!

I think I was 14 or 15 when I first played Mario 64. It was better than the best sex I've ever had

Mar 23, 2018
Playing a game like DOOM at almost max settings at over 60FPS most of the time on my PC.

All of those Dishonored montages by StealhGamerBR

LOOK AT THAT FFS. It's spoiler-ish, but worth it.

You also gotta watch his Dishonored 2 montages. I didn't play that one, but oh my, OH MY

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
God of War 3, the Poseidon fight when the Titans scaled back and your player avatar just shrank into a background of a background of a background. The scale was, and is still, absolutely unbelievable.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Recently it was the matterfall final boss. I was sitting there going. How is this possible. Eventually i got stuck in the bosses shield and fell through the level. It gave me a level complete and the trophy popped.

Oh....we're talking graphics....then uncharted 4.
Still screw that final boss.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Metal Gear Solid 2 will always be the game I think of when asked questions like this one. It was so far beyond anything else, visually, mechanically and aurally, that it quite literally ruined other games for me for a good six months.

MGS2 for me too but the infamous ice cubes. I heard about it a little while after and didn't believe it till I tried it and I could not comprehend how or even why they did it.

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Bloodborne.

The entire time i kept thinking to myself "There is no possible way for a game to be this good"

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Uncharted 3s set pieces. Even though they were insane for the sake of being insane I loved every second of it.