• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Self explained.

What games can (pretty much) everybody agree on as the worst from their respective franchise?

So no controversial choices, like say Skyward Sword for Zelda. Only completely obvious choices

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Halo 4 due to having the worse multiplayer the series had seen. The lobby was dead after two weeks, and despite a good story, it wasn't enough to overtake yhe dissapointment of the franchise's greatest strength.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Xenosaga Episode II came in my mind when I think about that.

Some can actually argue that the Final Fantasy XIII is the worst of the series. I personally like the game, but I can't say the same for Lightning.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CDI Zelda and Mario.... But that is kinda easy.

Kingdom Hearta Re Coded
It's like a bad retell of KH1 many reused worlds and bosses etc and the story can easily be watched on youtube or read on a wiki if needed.

Mikey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect 3.
Dragon Age 2
Far Cry 2
Splinter Cell Conviction

Too many to list.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Metroid: Other M or Federation Force, even though Hunters and the original Metroid II are worse imho.
Skyward Sword, even though it's one of the best and Spirit Tracks or Triforce Heroes are much worse.
Nuts & Bolts, even if it's a masterpiece (the worst Banjo is Grunty's Revenge even if it's still quite good).
Bioshock 2, even if Infinite is the worst of the bunch (still good!).
I guess Phantom Pain is now considered the worst of the main series, but Guns Of The Patriots is the stupidest boringfest in Metal Gear imho.

I have no idea why I read it wrong. I interpreted the topic as "titles which are considered the worst but actually aren't". So, well.

Samikaze!!

Oct 29, 2017
SF Bay Area
Deus Ex: Invisible War

Who thought a universal ammo system was a good idea? Yes, every gun uses the same bullets.

Every story arc can be equated to the same thing: "these two opposing sides are actually the same, but working against each other for appearances".

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
Drakengard 2, Doom 3, Persona 1, RE6. I usually get pretty bummed out when these games get such a bad reputation, because I feel like a lot of the time those games are daring in some interesting way that either just didn't stick or wasn't well received. But some definitely deserve the hate, full stop with few reservations. RE6's story mode was a travesty, even if mercenaries rules.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Mega Man X7 (of just the X games)
Dragon Quest II maybe? It's not quite universal, it doesn't really seem to get a lot of vocal hate but almost every ranking I've seen of the series has it at the bottom

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Dark Souls 2
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 3 (if you're talking about Original trilogy only)
Mass Effect Andromeda (if you're talking about all ME games)
Uncharted 1
Deus Ex: IW
Civilization: Beyond Earth

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Suikoden IV.

The setup is great. The ability to explore the Island Nations with your ship as your headquarters was a potential breath of fresh air for the franchise.

It was just so fucking slow.

They also dropped battles from 6 party members to 4, which was lame.

And those fucking cat people....

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is in no way, nearly universally accepted as the worst game in the franchise.