• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC demons souls was supposed to be a first person game before Miyazaki took over

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Trigger, the SNES game, looked very different during development. And the development team was running into a lot of trouble because it was mostly composed of rookies, despite the "Dream Team" trio supervising them. Eventually the situation became so dire that Sakaguchi decided to scrap Final Fantasy VII, which was under development for the SNES at the time, to reassign the veteran FF people to the Chrono Trigger project to give the game a big overhaul.

sbOM7ca.jpg

pJVZPqq.jpg

RI7wDuJ.jpg

AfdQwy2.jpg

OvEnxCo.jpg

xXyqJq7.jpg

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Before Banjo-Kazooie, there was "Project Dream".

Project_Dream.jpg

It was going to be an action RPG for the Super Nintendo starring a young boy named Edison on a quest to save his girlfriend from an evil pirate named Captain Blackeye. Rare pushed development to the N64, where it eventually evolved into an early form of what became Banjo-Kazooie. Although initially, it was going to be a Crash Bandicoot-esque linear platformer, before it turned into the open level, Mario 64 type of game we know today.

BanjoKazooieProjectDream.jpg

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starcraft

Originally, it was supposed to be a low budget title that could be finished and released within a year. It played pretty much the same as Warcraft 2 and it looked like this:

latest

After getting an underwhelming response at e3 and seeing a much better looking RTS game that was being shown off, Blizzard made the decision to completely redo Starcraft into the game it is now.

I feel like i'm on LSD :o

Also, this thread is absolutely fantastic. I had no idea about some of these.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Did someone mention Vesus 13 (the GOAT) falling from the pantheon and turning into "myopic" 15?