• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 30788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Super Mario World, SMB3, SMB2, Star Fox, Duke Nukem 3D, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Dx Ball, Deus Ex, Sim City 4, Freelancer, Pokemon Red & Silver & Sapphire, Half Life 2, Fable II, Halo 3, RDR.. games from a lot of eras will evoke different feelings. Nostalgia's a bitch. A good thing about this is that I can revisit any of these games any think about how the times were back then. Like if i go back to SMB3, ill think of how life was as a child, go back to Fable II its highschool all over again.

I've stopped playing Dota 2 some 4 months ago so theres no nostalgia there yet but I'll bet there will be in a few years.

Last edited:

Tiechie

Oct 28, 2017
Sonic 3 and final fantasy 8. Any time I hear the music or see gameplay lots of different memories come flooding back.

Namko

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver, The Sims, Simcity 3000, Lego Island, Donkey Country 1 and 2, Ocarina of Time,.. prolly some more :)

Also

Jan 10, 2018
A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy VII & IX and Metal Gear Solid are top tier. So many powerful memories. Usually it's the soundtrack that starts the nostalgia feels.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I connect strongly with the music of the games I play, so growing up a fan of Sonic and Pokémon was great. There was always one song from Pokémon Silver that was so beautiful and pleasant that I would be overcome with emotion and nostalgia every time I heard it, even as a kid. That song was the National Park.

After beating the game I always made sure to save there when I finished playing, so any time I felt like playing it again after a long time I would be greeted with that song.

As for Sonic, I played the hell out of the GBA games because at the time I didn't have a then-current gen console (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube). I loved Sonic Battle, the music, the art, the arena brawler gameplay, and the story. I was really into customizing and building up Emerl, making him OP as hell watching him grow, but then he went mad with power, blew up a star and then died, so that sucked. Then Sonic Advance 3 came out and Eggman's new robot lackey was a rebuild of Emerl with spare parts and data or something called Gemerl, and I kinda took it personally, like "How DARE you remake my precious boy to do your bidding AND MAKE HIM LOOK COOLER?!" So I played through the game, followed the convoluted steps to get the Chaos Emeralds, and unlocked the true final boss. Once again, Gemerl went mad with power and stole the emeralds to become more powerful and flew into space, forcing Sonic and Eggman to team up to stop him. After some excellent Super transformation music, the final battle begins, and this song begins to play:

I was kinda floored. It was Emerl's theme. It was a remix of Emerl's theme from Sonic Battle. Up until that point I was mostly playing up the story just for my own enjoyment, because the story in the Sonic Advance games are pretty minimal compared to Battle's. But when I heard that song for the first time I was shook. I remembered all the good times had with Emerl, then I was brought back to the end of Battle, where Sonic had to defeat his "son" (it's stupid saying it now, but it made sense in the game) and it was actually really damn sad. And now here he had to do it a second time. It was such an overwhelming bittersweet feeling listening to it, and I still feel it when I return to this track. It's such a damn good remix, and even the fight itself was pretty decent. I love those two games a lot, and this song from this moment plays a big part in that.