• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prunus

Sep 6, 2018
Barely played any of these, but my favourite is easily Mario Odyssey. Top 3 Games of all time for me even

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
oh my

this is a harder pick than GOTY god damn

it'd probably go orange box > rdr > skyrim > lbp and the rest is whatever

looking at the list in the OP, this gen is really weak compared to the last goddamn

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Didn't play or like most of them actually which is surprising. Favorite one of the bunch is definitely Shadow of the Colossus. Least favorite from those I've actually played is either RDR or Witcher 3.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Best: SOTC followed closely by Mario Odyssey
Worst: Skyrim followed by Bioshock Infinite

I definitely like this batch a lot less than the first place games

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Doom. For sure. That was my GOtY.
Least favourite? 2012 through 2015 did not inspire me at all. One of those. Whichever is your favourite so you can call me wrong.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damn, either people are trolling or they didn't pick the correct poll, Odyssey winning for least favourite?

EDIT: Best for me was The Orange Box, and worst was Little Big Planet.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't care less about any of those games with the possible exceptions of The Walking Dead (which was very uneven even in that first season) and Spiderman (which I haven't yet played).

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
oh my

this is a harder pick than GOTY god damn

it'd probably go orange box > rdr > skyrim > lbp and the rest is whatever

looking at the list in the OP, this gen is really weak compared to the last goddamn
Hah, true.

RDR would be my pick. (Which makes me super sad, because i can't seem to warm up to RDR2 :( ...

Also, Y'all voting for Mario Odyssey as your "Least Favourite" are crazy. Like, it's better than, say, LBP in every single way...

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite: The Witcher 3 - The game that finally gave us the other two central characters from the books besides Geralt.

Least favorite: The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim - I seldom had a game i was as hyped for as i was for Skyrim, and no other game that disappointed me as much.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
My least favourite is Half-Life 2, and my favourite is The Orange Box.

That's the power of portals.

Mario Odyssey was a very close runner-up for TOB.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Only on ERA, TW3 was second lol

Biggest winner of GOTYs all time but 2nd on GAF/ERA.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Favourite is half life 2 (although I guess orange box would count too) I'm curious what game beat it back then?

Least favourite was a seriously tough call between red dead redemption and Skyrim. But I ultimately decided to vote for red dead redemption.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
The Orange Box, definitely. Crazy value for some amazing games.

Least favorite is Skyrim. I double dipped on this game and yet still have barely played it cause I was so bored. Which is weird cause I loved Oblivion, but Skyrim just ain't entertaining me at all.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
1. The Orange Box
2. Half-Life 2 (my #1 that year)
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum (my #1)
6. DOOM
7. Shadow of the Colossus
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
9. Bioshock Infinite
10. The Walking Dead (my #1)
11. Super Mario Odyssey
12. Gears of War
13. Marvel's Spider-Man
14. Mario Kart 8
15. LittleBigPlanet

Half-Life 2 is the best individual game listed, but when you bundle it with Portal, Episode 1, Episode 2, etc...

I love every game 1-7. Games 8-11 are great but with some real serious flaws. Games 12-14 are fine, but not really my thing. LBP is the only game on the list that I really did not like.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Out of these, Odyssey easy. My love for Mario 64 is limitless and extends to this game.

HL2 & Doom are pretty high up there.

LBP & Walkind dead for least. Didn't like those at all.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Favourite: Shadow of the Colossus (it was robbed and should have won that year)
Least favourite: Bioshock Infinite ( liked the game, but from the ones I played on the list, this is the lowest)

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
The fact that both half life 2 and orange box is included in the poll is wrong,since contains half life 2 plus all the episodes and team fortress and portal,which means everyone that voted for one has voted for the other etc

Witcher 3 is the best of the bunch by far,in fact it should be the GOTY in 2015 as it was for most sites

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Witcher 3. It's definitely in my top 5 of this gen, maybe even top 3 competing with Bloodborne, Yakuza 0 and God of War and a all time favorite.
Arkham Asylum and RDR are both right up there too.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Witcher is my favorite, Red Dead as runner up. I'd probably go BioShock Infinite for least favorite out of those, with LBP as runner up.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite is easy, The Witcher 3.

Least favorite... close between Odyssey and LBP. Didn't expect much from the latter though so I'll probable go with Odyssey.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Favorite is easy, since Witcher 3 is greatest of all time for me. Second pick would be The Walking Dead. Least favorite is bit trickier, it's between Little Big Planet and Skyrim. I think I'll go with Skyrim for the vote, Little Big Planet was atleast functional and something to play with family.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The fact that both half life 2 and orange box is included in the poll is wrong,since contains half life 2 plus all the episodes and team fortress and portal,which means everyone that voted for one has voted for the other etc

Witcher 3 is the best of the bunch by far,in fact it should be the GOTY in 2015 as it was for most sites
This thread is based on ERA/GAF Goty voting not media consensus.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 was easily one of my favorite games ever and was easily my GOTY in 2015.

For least favorite, it's a bit harder to say. Maybe Skyrim since I could never really get into it no matter how hard I tried or Mario kart, but that's mostly from not particularly liking kart racers so that one is less fair .

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Doom and Witcher 3 for fav (voted Doom, as not yet finished the Witcher 3).
LBP and The walking Dead for least fav (voted LBP as never played + the floaty physics didn't look great).

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Favorite: Batman Arkham Asylum, a great Metroidvania in 3D with easy but deep combat
Least favorite: Mario Kart 8, it fun to play but GOTY good? NO

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow, that list is crazy. I propably prefer most of these to their No. 1 counter-part.
My fav of these is probably Bioshock Infinite but I really love so many of those.