• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

malyse

Community Resetter
Not necessarily bad games, just ones that didn't deliver the experience you expected and left you unsatisfied.

My choice is Shuyan Saga.

Looks cool right? It's a martial arts action game plus visual novel starring none other than Kristen Kreuk. Unfortunately, it's not very good. The combat is stiff and awkward and the visual novel part is not that interesting. I've only played it once so I don't know how much the choices actually matter, but I'm not certain I care enough to play through it again to find out.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
There was a lot that I liked about NieR: Automata but I really didn't like playing as 9S in route B and the combat balance was very poor in my opinion. I was burned out on the gameplay by Route C so despite new chapter in the story, playing the game after about an hour into route B was very boring for me.

ubercheez

Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to love Gravity Rush, but the combat was so frustrating that it made me unable to fully enjoy even the non-combat parts.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Halo

I tried to play from the first game last year and had a blast with it, but got bored in the middle of it

I still want to play the halo series but I cant motivate myself

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skyward Sword

I had numerous issues with the game, but I was most disappointed by the motion controls, which didn't click until the final boss.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
First that comes to mind is Persona 5 ... i have heard a lot of great things about it, things that I really love in gaming ... but this game drags a lot and becomes absurdly complicated ... the character started to have 15 minute boring dreams about something I didn't understand/care at all ... then I was told about having reunions with my friends about strategies to infiltrate dungeons (or something like that) ... that was too much for me. Became bored and stressed and deleted the game. It's sad because I was really excited to play it.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I really wanted to like Dragonball FighterZ but the beta told me that it wasn't for me. I also wanted to like the borderlands games because a lot of my friends seemed to be enjoying it but it just doesn't do it for me.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I love SRPGs, but I guess I'm old now. I don't want to spend time learning complex systems.

Deleted member 10611

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Last of Us is the one that always gnaws at me a bit. I've tried playing it at least a dozen times and always lost interest an hour or two in. In fact, a lot of modern Naughty Dog games are that way for me. Lost Legacy is the first one in a while that I've actually enjoyed quite a bit.

Breath of the Wild is another. I was pretty hyped up until release and gave it an honest try but after 15-20 hours I decided it just wasn't for me.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Invisible Inc. Love turnbased strategy games, and love the style of this. But I only beat it once, and haven't really felt like going back to it after that. Barely touched the expansion.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Halo

I tried to play from the first game last year and had a blast with it, but got bored in the middle of it

I still want to play the halo series but I cant motivate myself
Halo for me as well

I had a ton of fun with the first and second game, but couldn't care less about the story and characters. By like the third mission of 3 I just stopped due to lack of interest

jimjonjimmy

Oct 27, 2017
Resonance of Fate for the PS3.
I thought the combat would be kinda enjoyable but it ended up being way to clunky and slow. The characters and story seemed interesting at least.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher 3

It's everyone's GOTY, the writing and characters are great, but the fighting and overall gameplay feels really janky to me, and it just wasn't fun to play.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Bethesda's open world games. I've tried Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas, but they just fail to grab me for some reason.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Might get some hate for this but for me that would be Horizon Zero Dawn. Everything about the game appealed to me until I played it. Not sure why.. maybe it's just open world fatigue.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn, especially considering how much I anticipated the game. I've tried to get into it twice now, but it just hasn't clicked with me (I think it's mainly the combat which I dislike). I still want to try to get into it again, though.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Total War.

I've always been intrigued by it and I finally jumped into it when the Warhammer version came out.

But after playing it for a couple hours, I just couldn't get into it.

I liked just watching the battles play out more than directing them myself. I still think it's amazing looking, I just can't get into all the micromanagement.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Broken Age. It was supposed to be an grand return for Tim Schafer to the point and click adventures of old. In the end it was a decent enough game but ultimately very forgettable for me. Thimbleweed Park knocked it out of the park though, that was exactly the game I wanted Broken Age to be.

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
BioShock. I thought the game's setting was absolutely beautiful. The story seemed great from what I read. After 7 or 8 hours I was bored to tears and gave up.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Halo for me as well

I had a ton of fun with the first and second game, but couldn't care less about the story and characters. By like the third mission of 3 I just stopped due to lack of interest
I had the same exact experience. 3 killed it for me. I even went and bought 4 and 5 when they came out hoping that 3 was a fluke, but it was not.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to like GTA4 SO MUCH. It was the first GTA I ever played and I really wanted to be part of the GTA zeitgeist for once.

But I just did not enjoy it, at all. I played 15 hours and did not really have that much fun.

It's honestly turned me off from GTA as a whole, though one day I should probably try V because I've heard it's a massive step up from 4.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm i had to think about this one because i generally like every game normally but it's GTA IV for sure, after the amazing more arcade feeling like games like Vice City and San Andreas i got a real life crime sinulator..... I liked niko belic and stuff but the games had too many things based on realism wich ruined the soul of what gta was supposed to be more of a gamey game and a parody.

I did love the dlc episodes tho those are more like oldskool gta again.

Also GTA V was amazing tho that game fixed all my problems i dislike how shark card based online is but the singleplayer was awesome again.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon, Witcher series, asscreed series (excluding origins, I think I want to play that one), pubg, TLoU, and uncharted series.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Evil Within 2.
Maybe knowing that I'm in a simulation instead of a "real" horror town killed the mood and the flair... the game just doesn't resonate with me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Night in the Woods. I liked aspects of it, but all the nuggets of great dialogue were buried under a game I hated playing.

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Horizon Zero Dawn pretty much, was hyped about it after seeing the presentation back in 2015 I guess. Even after finally finishing it it leaves me wanting. The last boss battle was highly unoriginal just tossing random enemies at you, it felt a lot like an Ubisoft Open World game with some Uncharted climbing action(marked spots where you were allowed to climb up to/cling on to) and a lot of restrictions, I even stumbled upon some invisible walls during my playthrough. That said, the graphics were fine I guess, tidy, a bit sterile at times but it looked quite nice on my 65" TV even though I've only played it in 1080p on my PS4 Slim, probably the most clean looking 1080p Game I've played in a long time. It also looked kinda bland though, I can't put my finger on it but it didn't really impress me much visually. It's surely a game that will stand the test of time graphically but I don't think it will be a game that is to be remembered decades to come.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Bros (all versions). I can enjoy the game enough at a super casual level when I'm with a group of friends on local co-op and we're all playing scrubby with items, etc but the game holds no interest for me to play online, grind the SP content, or really learn the mechanics. I've owned every version of the game that's been released, hoping the latest version might change up the gameplay to spark some interest, but nope, the series never got any real interest out of me.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any "cinematic experience" game. I find the gameplay to be decent at best and the cutscenes and "quality" writing don't offset it.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild - I've clocked 25+ hours and I've just had to accept it's not for me. I still slowly chip away at it during commutes and such.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls unfortunately. Loved Bloodborne to bits (my first Souls-like) and the world of Dark Souls appealed to me plenty. Ultimately, it just felt far too frustrating coming from the Bloodborne combat and the difficulty was more than I wanted to deal with. I'm probably going to pick it up on the Switch when it releases later this year and give it another go because I really wanted to love it the same way I love Bloodborne.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
5979140.attach

Played for about 4-5 hours. I wanted to love it. I love sci-fi. I was bored. Perhaps it gets much better but I just was burned out on it, I suppose. I may give it one more shot at some point but meh.

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Resonance of Fate for the PS3.
I thought the combat would be kinda enjoyable but it ended up being way to clunky and slow. The characters and story seemed interesting at least.
I finished it, almost got platin and I never strife for getting that trophy(or any), I almost got it just by playing the crap out of it. And yeah, the story was pretty good you missed something here, even though I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but the game definitely makes its way to my to 30 list. That said the beginning hours were a bit of a drag, I agree but once you've attuned yourself to the games quirks it gets quite enjoyable.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
For Honor.

It was like the perfect game for me had it been like Mount and Blade, Jedi Knight and Chivalry. It was like a fighting game with a lock-on system. Not a game for fans of those games in the past. It also lacked to high player count. I think it's a shame because the game has so many wonderful elements to it.

Zora

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Stardew Valley.

I've put 3 hours into it thus far, I can't make myself play it anymore. The stamina system suck; it drains energy so fast, I have to sleep after doing almost nothing substantial. I expected to love this game, so I am a bit disappointed. Maybe I'll give it another try some other day.

Deleted member 11002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried Prey twice, once on the PS4 demo, once when I bought the game on PC. Played about four hours on PC and was just bored. I didn't like the way anything felt, even if the story was beginning to be neat.

And I can't get into Fallout 3 or New Vegas for the life of me despite trying 5 times each probably.

PUBG is another one. I think it's SO boring. But I still play because my friends like it

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
The Witcher 3

It's everyone's GOTY, the writing and characters are great, but the fighting and overall gameplay feels really janky to me, and it just wasn't fun to play.

Pretty much my exact same thoughts. I'm a big fan of those types of games, and it's a game I know I'd enjoy, and the writing is really great, quests well written and thought out, but the combat and something about the movement (yes I know about the alt controls in the menus) just doesnt do it for me. I just can't get into it. I've tried multiple times. Got about 10 hours one time. Just couldnt go any further.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Skyrim... 10 or so hours on PC and it just didn't do much for me. I haven't given up the fight, though; I plan on picking it up on Switch at some point to see if the passage of time has changed my perspective on it.

vic viper

Dec 27, 2017
I've always wanted to like devil may cry because I adore bayonetta, but I've never managed to click with them. I think it's the controls. Gonna give them another spin with the upcoming collection.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prey. I wanted to like it so bad but it's just boring.

Hey look another black blob. Oh another flying sentry bot. Yawn.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 2. I hated the controls so much. The explanation for new players also isn't very good.