• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
pnUkVzz.jpg

I'm replaying through it on PC right now and it's cyberpunk as all hell - highly recommend it if you're looking for an FPS in particular.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
You could always wait for a 3rd person mod for Cyberpunk.

I guarantee you that it's going to be a thing.

But I also guarantee you that it'll show you WHY CD went for 1st person.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people are recommending first person games where you are a floating camera, or if you do have a visible body, they still feel floaty. Valve's games are good examples of floaty games with no body awareness.

Starbreeze's games were always my favorites here, even if they were pretty janky even at launch and have only aged since then. Check out the two Riddick games (the sequel is better no matter what people would have you believe) and Syndicate. Syndicate has probably my favorite first person jumping. It's weird just how satisfying it is.

Jan 10, 2018
Observer is a cyberpunk inspired game in first person. It has some mechanics that Cyberpunk 2077 will have, like jacking into other peoples minds and having a Terminator inspired interface on screen. It's a claustrophobic horror game though so it might not be for everyone. I thought it was fairly good and interesting.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I would say Bioshock and Far Cry. because it is my one of the first game that i practice to play FPS and it works well enough to get me familiar with it without being dizzy.

At first it really IS dizzy but you will get over it overtime your play, just when you start feeling motion sickness, try to resist a bit maybe 15-30 minute and rest before continue playing again.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, ctrl + f this whole thread and only a single mention of one of the best fpp rpgs which just came out not too long ago, Kingdom Come Deliverance, that is the game you want. It's through and through a first person rpg, though it's set in the middle ages so it's swords/archery (no fantasy, no magic).

Highly recommend you give it a play, it's a great rpg, can't wait for their next game.

Vampire: TMB is also one of the better ones along with Deus Ex but you already mentioned that one.