• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
So I have been replaying Alien Isolation and Sevastapol is an incredible location, though part of me wishes there was an option to explore it freely without threat of the Alien, Working Joes and paranoid shoot on sight survivors everywhere. I would love a mode where the station is not only free of hostile elements but also in a state pre the Alien incident, in fully working order and fully lit in a way that makes navigation easier. Sevastapol in one of my favourite locations in all of gaming as it such a faithful representation of the world of the Alien universe, particularly the first film.

Other games I would want this option for would have to include Alan Wake, which apparently was intended to be open worof originally but then got broken up into the level structure we are familiar with now, the other thing that I would wish for is the ability to change the time of day, so that locations can be explored during daytime as welll at night.

What games do you wish had this option, ERA?

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Death Stranding would be a neat world to explore without trying to get constantly eaten by BTs or beat up/killed by MULEs.

Also Horizon Zero Dawn. Granted by late game it is pretty easy to take down pretty much any enemy with relative ease.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
About Death Stranding:

After you finish the game, you get to the final chapter where you're free to roam and deliver without enemies. I know there aren't any BTs, can't remember if no Mules

Oct 27, 2017
So I have been replaying Alien Isolation and Sevastapol is an incredible location, though part of me wishes there was an option to explore it freely without threat of the Alien, Working Joes and paranoid shoot on sight survivors everywhere. I would love a mode where the station is not only free of hostile elements but also in a state pre the Alien incident, in fully working order and fully lit in a way that makes navigation easier. Sevastapol in one of my favourite locations in all of gaming as it such a faithful representation of the world of the Alien universe, particularly the first film.

Other games I would want this option for would have to include Alan Wake, which apparently was intended to be open worof originally but then got broken up into the level structure we are familiar with now, the other thing that I would wish for is the ability to change the time of day, so that locations can be explored during daytime as welll at night.

Hah, Alien Isolation is the first one to come to mind. The fact the alien seems to zero in on you so easily with the fact the save system uses classic save points makes me dislike the game. I like exploring the areas since its so well made but I cant do it at the risk of losing 15-20min of progress at a time.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This was what immediately came to mind.

Alien: Isolation does have a mod on the PC for this, but I really would have appreciated a no-xeno mode after completing it on XB1.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Bioshock Infinite? Maybe a controversial opinion, but I really enjoyed the first hour (or however long it was) before combat started. I remember the first combat encounter being extremely jarring - it was like oh yeah, I'm playing a FPS.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
soma-0002.jpg

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
The entire Bioshock series. Their combat has always been their achilles heel, but every successive game kept putting more and more emphasis on it.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Hah, Alien Isolation is the first one to come to mind. The fact the alien seems to zero in on you so easily with the fact the save system uses classic save points makes me dislike the game. I like exploring the areas since its so well made but I cant do it at the risk of losing 15-20min of progress at a time.
This was what immediately came to mind.

Alien: Isolation does have a mod on the PC for this, but I really would have appreciated a no-xeno mode after completing it on XB1.

Which mod is this? Because I have Alien Isolation on steam.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bloodborne. I would like to walk around and just see the enemies wander around.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
World of Warcraft. I don't have the time or energy to actually play it but I would love to be able to just wonder around the world seeing the sights and chatting with people without any of the grinding or being unable to safely visit zones due to being underlevelled. I played for a couple of months years ago and only ever saw a small fraction of the world.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to have this option (or maybe just include bosses) for most Bioware games. It would make replaying them a bit less tedious at times.

VGEsoterica

Dec 10, 2019

Right? All I wanted to do in Alien Isolation was wander around and check out the awesome art direction, but the damn Alien threat basically makes that impossible

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly wish pretty much every 3D game came with a VR exploration mode. Environmental artists spend so much time on assets just for gamers to blow through it. Prey would be great, especially if they had a version of the station before everything went south.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that exploration mod for Alien Isolation is the best.

One of the things that I just couldn't get over the first time I played Isolation, was how authentically it captured the 70s lo-fi aesthetic of the original film. I remember emerging from the cryo-sleep chamber and just walking back and forth through the ship gawking at everything up close. It was totally surreal how 1:1 it felt to OG Alien.

Oct 25, 2017
About Death Stranding:

After you finish the game, you get to the final chapter where you're free to roam and deliver without enemies. I know there aren't any BTs, can't remember if no Mules

what? where?? there are still the same enemies and encounters.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Yeah that exploration mod for Alien Isolation is the best.

One of the things that I just couldn't get over the first time I played Isolation, was how authentically it captured the 70s lo-fi aesthetic of the original film. I remember emerging from the cryo-sleep chamber and just walking back and forth through the ship gawking at everything up close. It was totally surreal how 1:1 it felt to OG Alien.

It's a love letter to the first film aesthetically they could have easily have made it look more modern and handwaved it off, but I'm so glad they didn't do that.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
About Death Stranding:

Huh, that's not true at all. There are still mule camps and the timefall rain where BTs can appear. Better that way, so you can farm chiralium from the big BTs and steal metal and ceramic from mule camps.

At that point in the game, BTs and mules are nothing anyway.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
The fact to making player invisible for any NPC is a change of a variable, for all games.
So, if it that easy, it should be included in every games.
I specifically mentioned being invisible because I like too see the NPC behavior in a non alerting state.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Bioshock Infinite? Maybe a controversial opinion, but I really enjoyed the first hour (or however long it was) before combat started. I remember the first combat encounter being extremely jarring - it was like oh yeah, I'm playing a FPS.

Not a controversial opinion by any means.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Any open-world game really. The kids and non-gamers in my family love just wandering around, until they accidentally aggro an enemy. My dad has spent dozens of hours in games like Burnout Paradise or Forza Horizon without actually racing. Discovery Tour in AC Origins and AC Odyssey are perfect for them, I just wish other games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Far Cry 5 had such modes too.