• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi there, since it's so sunny outside I'm looking for some games with a sunny/tropical/caribbean atmosphere. Anyone has any ideas/suggestions?

Here are some examples of my favorite games:

Z5Xk398.jpg

Black Flag (personal all-time sunny favourite)

hr4KlU3.jpg

Super Mario Sunshine

Because, well, why go outside when you can play games inside, right? :D

Oct 27, 2017
It's not not tropical or Caribbean, but Persona 4 has a sunny, small town vibe to it.

Stardew Valley is sunny (when no raining or winter), and has a beach and dock.

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off topic, but I ended up enjoying the sunny areas of Max Payne 3 quite a lot, despite being skeptical about them at first. I was concerned about the sunny atmosphere not being particularly conducive to the atmosphere of the first two, mostly dark, games.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
FFX, Wind Waker, and Super Mario Sunshine all qualify. Weird how they were all within a couple years of each other and the biggest franchises at the time too.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm having a hard time finding the right pictures... but most of the original Sega AM2 / AM3 arcade games had awesome summery vibes. Look up Daytona USA, SCUD Race, Virtua Fighter 2, etc.
The AM2 logo was even a palm tree!

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball always seemed a bit sunny. I've never played it myself but I've heard as much.

nadbmal

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
GTA Vice City, GTA 5, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker on the top of my mind.
Alot of levels in Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy too.

OP
OP
deejay

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of good ones, guys, thanks. Totally forgot about Wind Waker and the Uncharted games :D

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Two of the few shooters out there with an oddly relaxing aura to them because of their shared tropical setting.

crysis-pc_tree-sun-rays.jpg

richard-gardner-crysis-console-05.jpg

2847919-5096914145-976ee.png

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
I remember thinking Rogue Galaxy has a decent sunny vibe. Starts off in a desert area, the next jungle area is quite dense, but after that you do get cities and island environments. I can't remember the later areas too much as it was over 12 years ago.

The Witness is very bright and vibrant.

Wii Sports resort if that count.

I also enjoy games that do have a focus on coastal areas, Dragon's Dogma for example, you are mostly surrounded by water. The Forza Horizon 3 and 4 both have a coast on the east part of their map. 3 more so than 4.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
The Shores of Plenty part of Sea of Thieves is amazing and I'm enjoying every moment sailing through it.

c67b8206922647fcb2563fafd5dcfd9c.jpg

andrew-finch-island-lighting-9.jpg

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to see this thread exists, I also can never get enough of sunshine, beaches and tropical environments! :D All of my picks were already mentioned so I can't really add anything but maybe I'll still come up with something later.

JigsawPSN

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
I remember thinking Rogue Galaxy has a decent sunny vibe. Starts off in a desert area, the next jungle area is quite dense, but after that you do get cities and island environments. I can't remember the later areas too much as it was over 12 years ago.

good one, it has an entire beach planet where all the inhabitants are fish

hqdefault.jpg

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned it in the Pokémon Sword & Shield topic before but my appreciation for sunny and tropical settings made me wish Sun & Moon and Sword & Shield traded places so we could have Alola on the Switch instead.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boku no Natsuyasumi series, it's literally about having a summer vacation.

Also Flower Sun and Rain, takes place in a hotel on a tropical island.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In before chapter 5 of Red dead Redemption 2