• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
AC: Odyssey has a great sunny setting.

Assassins-Creed%C2%AE-Odyssey__4-1024x576.jpeg

With Subnautica you can feel the warmth of the sun in the shallows.

maxresdefault.jpg

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Not trying to be smart but if you can switch off the console go out and enjoy that sweet sunshine people

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought this as well, along with Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. The early 2000s were very sunny and tropical.

I hope this will happen again some day!

WOW this looks really impressive, like a studio ghibli film in 3D.

Right? :D I hope the project will be successful and the game will release!

Not trying to be smart but if you can switch off the console go out and enjoy that sweet sunshine people

That's what I do, I try to take atleast a one hour walk each day outside no matter the weather but that doesn't stop me from wanting sunshine in my games :P

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy Taxi screams summer time to me. The general light and mood makes me think it's a super sunny, hot day at like 13:00 PM

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
AC odyssey has the entire paradise isles biome that is drop dead insanely gorgeous. All the islands are superb and bathing in the white clay / marble light.
latest

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mirror's Edge may not be tropical but it sure is sunny:
eVcTM02.png

(Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, as well, but the first one is the better game.)

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

it is weird, isn't it?

Holy shit, so I'm not the only one who noticed all this beach goodness that gen. I'll add onto that Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Hydro Thunder, and Splashdown Rides Gone Wild. Not to mention, if you go back and watch commercials on kids' channels such as Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, expect to find a whole bunch of water-related toys such as super soakers or slip 'n slides. It was all about fun in the sun.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Hi there, since it's so sunny outside I'm looking for some games with a sunny/tropical/caribbean atmosphere. Anyone has any ideas/suggestions?

Here are some examples of my favorite games:

Z5Xk398.jpg

Black Flag (personal all-time sunny favourite)
Oh yeah, definitely a favorite of mine too.

Pokemon Sun is also a good example (obviously). It even plays on Hawai.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Far Cry 3 is almost my favorite in the whole series purely because of its tropical island setting.

672759375.jpg

2382660-farcry3_2012_12_04_22_15_14_34.png

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Nah, too much bloom, HDR, and my character's allergies really driving me crazy. Percentage close soft shadows and level design overall is neat, some characters are exceptionally written and cool, but the lack of checkpoints, or any save function, and some lame gameplay mechanics really put me off.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I expected answers like Wind Waker and Black Flag but ironically games like that feel "cold" to me. Even though they're sunny, the predominantly cool colors like green and blue in sailing games combined with the wind effects at sea make me feel like it would be very chilly were I in the characters' shoes

Fennec

Jan 22, 2019
Ico & The Last Guardian. The soft light, the gentle breeze across the leaves and grasses, the birds chirping and singing, both games have a very cool "late spring/early summer" feeling.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts III - The Caribbean world

Just when I start admiring parts in this game it throws some events/gameplay elements that just makes me want to hurry up and trade it in...
HappygoluckyAccurateGrebe-size_restricted.gif