• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Or: An excuse for me to post about the Ouya game 'Television':

This game won funding during a game jam, and I was instantly hooked on the premise of a puzzle/adventure game which involved you moving through a series of interconnected TV channels. It's an idea I've never seen emulated anywhere else, so it's been an ongoing disappointment this game never saw the light of day. The game was never cancelled, but the studio making it has disappeared entirely, so I'm not sure if it even counts as vapourware?

Feel free to share your grievances of games that will never be.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Was always bummed Ushiro never happened:

Level-5 has announced they're back on it, but iunno if it's going to be anywhere close to the same thing (at the very least, I doubt it'll be turn-based anymore since they've been allergic to that the past decade...).

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I vaguely remember a Zelda clone that Team 17 were developing for the Amiga, that looked great on the screenshots, with charming pixel graphics.

But I can't remember the name of it, and AFAIK it was never released.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. still stings, but at least that Unseen64 video gave me some closure

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It took this long for someone to say Mega Man Legends 3?

Also, Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy for 3DS. It was never shown publicly, but I wanted to see what it might play like. Its story concepts (Ezio traveling to Masyaf to learn from Altaïr's legacy) were reworked into Revelations.

EDIT: Also also, Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Some people keep saying "that's just Final Fantasy XV", but... it isn't. If you compare the old Versus XIII trailers to what we got in FFXV, they just very clearly are not the same game, even if XV kept some of the same characters, a few of the plot beats, and Insomnia. The overall tone was just very different, and it seemed like it was trying to tell a different story with different themes than the game we got. Thankfully it seems like it might still live on in Kingdom Hearts, so hopefully that works out this time.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
finalfainfantasyfortress1.jpg

final-fantasy-fortress-grin-square-cancelled-41-768x481.jpg

That FF Fortress game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man Legends 3 :( While the demo footage wasn't exactly all that great looking (new character and all wasn't really selling it for me) I was excited to finally see where the sequel went. Only it did't go anywhere... doh.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Mega Man Anniversary collection for the GBA. A collection of the GB Mega Man games as an accompaniment to the GCN collection

Was never officially cancelled, but... well... I wouldn't be opposed to a GBA release in the 2020s, but I don't think it's happening

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I was in elementary school when I read a Nintendo Power story about Earthbound 64 (EB is my favorite game of all time). All I want is that game or a localized Mother 3. It's all I've ever wanted as far as a true "wish" list goes.

Edit: Was actually in 4th or 5th grade, not middle school. It was even further back.

Jan 9, 2018
I'm glad we got death stranding out of silent hills not happening
But scalebound for sure
Banjo X on Xbox which was supposed to be a remake of the original with new ideas
Agent by rockstar

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
That Goldeneye Remaster that has footage all over the internet still stings, especially since it sounded like it was finished.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Prey 2 I suppose.
Had nothing to do with the first game really apart from a few nods or the reboot that came out a few years back, btu the concept of being a Bounty Hunter in a Scifi Space city sounded like cool concept and it seemed pretty freeform.
Shame Bethesda tried to money starve the devs which lead to the cancellation, even though it was closed to being finished (Weren't there already achievements in the Steam database?).
I wish some build of the game would leak, if it was PC or console.
Would even softmod my XBox 360 for that.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad that we never got Star Wars 1313 and the original vision of Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017

Zelda Wii U.

Hear me out:

Breath of the Wild was an amazing game, honestly it was a masterpiece, but it wasn't what I imaginied the original version of Zelda Wii U to be like in my head. Aonuma confirmed via interview that at the time of that trailer the game was very different. The world shown here though looks geographically quite different from the final product and part of what had me so excited initially was that the real meat of the game would be in the dungeons. I still want to visit the specific world shown in this trailer. I watched the old GameXplain analysis videos of that initial map so many times over. I got attached to it.

Also, Scalebound.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Already spotted Mega Man Legends 3, so I'll bring up Chocobo Racing 3DS

The footage doesn't look all that promising (why does a racing game have sword combat) but I'd have loved a cutesy Chocobo game on the 3DS