• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Formless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Thought this would be a great discussion topic. Hopefully we can help people curb that nostalgia they crave by finding out the name of that long lost game we played in or youth.

I've got one: The game was on PS1 I believe. All I remember was that it had co-op, you were in these f-zero looking things in a tunnel shooting aliens/bugs to music like Crystal Method's Busy Child.

Loading_Time

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
Thought this would be a great discussion topic. Hopefully we can help people curb that nostalgia they crave by finding out the name of that long lost game we played in or youth.

I've got one: The game was on PS1 I believe. All I remember was that it had co-op, you were in these f-zero looking things in a tunnel shooting aliens/bugs to music like Crystal Method's Busy Child.

sounds like N2O: Nitrous Oxide

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
1. Point and click game from the late 80s or early 90s. Might have been an educational game? Was all about intermingled fairy tale characters that you were helping. My after-school child care in first grade would never let me play it, so of course I wanted to all the time. Definitely not King's Quest.

2. Old PC baseball game I remember was on a 5 1/2 inch floppy disk we had. I don't remember anything about it other than I never figured out the controls. And that it's forever stuck in my head. Slugger? I dunno.

Loading_Time

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
1. Point and click game from the late 80s or early 90s. Might have been an educational game? Was all about intermingled fairy tale characters that you were helping. My after-school child care in first grade would never let me play it, so of course I wanted to all the time. Definitely not King's Quest.

2. Old PC baseball game I remember was on a 5 1/2 inch floppy disk we had. I don't remember anything about it other than I never figured out the controls. And that it's forever stuck in my head. Slugger? I dunno.

1. Mixed Up Fairy Tales?

2.Sporting News Baseball? Slugger you see the whole field, this one you see behind the batter

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

1. Mixed up mother goose

Faust

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone remember the game from 360/pc where you play as a solider but he's having PTSD or essentially having a partial breakdown as it's happening? It takes place in the middle east, it was kind of a cult classic on GAF but I'll be damned if I can remember the name or find it from google searching...

Edit: Spec Ops: The Line! Dman, that took way too long to try to find.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have been racking my brain and need help on this.

I partially remember a turn base tactical wargame (I think I remember hexes) from the 90s, pretty basic 2d graphics (probably of Japaneae origin, but running on PC / DOS), which was about Mechs being dropped on missions via parachute I think, most if not all pilots being Women (anime style graphic avatars), and I distinctly remember opponents being mostly tanks.

Ring any bells? Pretty please?

Edit: didn't see there was another thread, this one showed up first in a search.

Oct 30, 2017
NES game where you jump really high. I remember it being set somewhere in Asia maybe. Forest settings. Not Legend of Kage. I can't for the life of me remember the game's name.

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
There was this one adventure game that was on Wii. It was kinda like Fatal Frame but had anime graphics. It was kinda cute, but I never beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.