• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Could it be Feud?
maxresdefault.jpg

Cool, now I have the music stuck in my head.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Long shot that anyone can figure this out with the little information I have but: This is a Commodore 128 (64) game which I played from cassette IIRC. It was top down but you may have seen the entire character sprite rather than his top-down image (i.e. you saw a sprite like in a side scroller rather than just the shoulders and head from above). I don't remember what the combat was actually like but it was probably less hectic and combat-focused than Gauntlet and a bit more adventure/RPG. You may have played a knight (could be mage) and his sprite may have been yellow/golden or white. The main screen background color was probably black. You may have been able to cast magic/shoot. The world was probably built like Zelda 1's where you go from one screen to another rather than an interconnected world but I'm not completely sure.

Maybe Firelord?

479017-firelord-commodore-64-screenshot-foes-appearing.png

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had the time to sit down in front of a PC and research it a bit and yup, pretty sure it was Firelord. The images and videos don't completely match my memories but it was 30 years ago. A lot of things do match my memories such as the golden main character and I feel the many houses is familiar. Thanks to everyone! It was a trip down memory lane researching it. Makes me thirsty for a C64 mini, haha.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I am trying to digure out the name of a mega drive game that was built into the mega drive i had as a kid.
All i remember is it taking place i the sky and you walk on panels with some breaking causing you to fall off. That is th extent of memory sadly so id appreciate if any can remember its name. At worse it was a japan only release.

Edit- the game is played from overhead view.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I remember having a disc copy of a game that didn't work, either on PC or PS1 and seemed similar to Wipeout but it was somewhat different or something. I don't recall what it was called and perhaps it might've been Wipeout on PC but I can't be certain for sure.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am trying to digure out the name of a mega drive game that was built into the mega drive i had as a kid.
All i remember is it taking place i the sky and you walk on panels with some breaking causing you to fall off. That is th extent of memory sadly so id appreciate if any can remember its name. At worse it was a japan only release.

Edit- the game is played from overhead view.
Trampoline Terror?

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I feel like this one's gonna be pretty hard, it's a really vague memory.

So I was playing Cave Story+ and I reached the point where I first met Kazuma, you know, this guy:
286186_202459.png

And I got this really, really vague memory of an, I believe NDS game (could be GBA, but I'm pretty sure it was a NDS title) that I played when I was a kid. I don't know if I played much of it, I'm not even sure of the genre (maybe an RPG?) but I certainly remember the very beginning. It was a pixel-art game and it started in a very bright room, probably a lab, and there was a scientist sitting on a chair and working on a computer, and I think he had a dog or some sort of pet. Also, the perspective was top-down, kinda looking like the Mega Man Battle Network series.
7-ChronoXFixed015.png

So... that's pretty much it. I know it's not an amazing description, but it's as good as I could remember.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this one's gonna be pretty hard, it's a really vague memory.

So I was playing Cave Story+ and I reached the point where I first met Kazuma, you know, this guy:
286186_202459.png

And I got this really, really vague memory of an, I believe NDS game (could be GBA, but I'm pretty sure it was a NDS title) that I played when I was a kid. I don't know if I played much of it, I'm not even sure of the genre (maybe an RPG?) but I certainly remember the very beginning. It was a pixel-art game and it started in a very bright room, probably a lab, and there was a scientist sitting on a chair and working on a computer, and I think he had a dog or some sort of pet. Also, the perspective was top-down, kinda looking like the Mega Man Battle Network series.
7-ChronoXFixed015.png

So... that's pretty much it. I know it's not an amazing description, but it's as good as I could remember.

Possibly Contact by Grasshopper.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I am looking for a specific game I'm not even sure exists.

A city building game in which you start in caveman era building huts out of mud and sticks and as your technology increases you get access to more and more modern conveniences eventually moving into the era of iron and steel and eventually the modern era of cars, planes, and eventual spaceflight. I know it's not Civilization because that is focused on war and conquering your allies.The game I'm looking for at least from what I remember is a pure city building game with just technological progression and almost no war or combat.

GMEGBLN

Oct 27, 2017
I remember talking about technically impressive games to somebody, and they linked to a youtube video of a PS2/Xbox third person action game that had TONS of monsters on screen (like, hundreds), dynasty warriors style. The camera was zoomed out and looking down on the map so you could see them all, and the player was slashing hordes of them away while it looked like a literal sea of enemies. The monsters were reddish/tanned and looked almost like spiders/crabs. Trying to remember it sometime later, someone suggested devil kings and while visually it looks very similar I don't think there are demons in it ironically enough? At the very least I can't find a video I saw before.

I remember that there was a combo counter, and that the game seemed mission based instead of a linear adventure game. This was several years ago though so memory might be foggy.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
I remember talking about technically impressive games to somebody, and they linked to a youtube video of a PS2/Xbox third person action game that had TONS of monsters on screen (like, hundreds), dynasty warriors style. The camera was zoomed out and looking down on the map so you could see them all, and the player was slashing hordes of them away while it looked like a literal sea of enemies. The monsters were reddish/tanned and looked almost like spiders/crabs. Trying to remember it sometime later, someone suggested devil kings and while visually it looks very similar I don't think there are demons in it ironically enough? At the very least I can't find a video I saw before.

I remember that there was a combo counter, and that the game seemed mission based instead of a linear adventure game. This was several years ago though so memory might be foggy.

demon choas ? (skip to 9:30)

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Gamecube game, had an auction house, could throw pigs, battleship mini game.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I just want to post that I finally figured out what old computer math game I used to play as a kid. That was driving me nuts for years!

Nov 21, 2017
I'm assuming these were pretty common, but I remember also playing a maths-based game in school, on PC. I faintly remember numbers would float down the screen and you would have to solve them before they hit the ground (although it's possible they were letters at this point, I can't imagine what the puzzle was if they were though). There might have been a medieval element to the game as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm searching for two that are probably very obscure, not just because they are old but because they are educational games.

The first was an education game from the 1980s. I do not think it was Mouse Trap (1981), but I think it was a puzzle game where you played as a cat or a mouse and tried to capture the mouse or run away from the cat. I'm very foggy on this. I think the colors of the game were blue and white. It was either for msdos or the apple II.

The second was an msdos game, again from the 1980s or very early 1990s, where you had to guess the flags of the worlds or united states. In my mind, I think of the color green.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This was a SNES game (probably)

It was a platformer (probably)

The level select worked by placing blocks on different platforms (definitely)

One of the bosses was a fox (definitely)

Lupin

Oct 25, 2017
The first was an education game from the 1980s. I do not think it was Mouse Trap (1981), but I think it was a puzzle game where you played as a cat or a mouse and tried to capture the mouse or run away from the cat. I'm very foggy on this. I think the colors of the game were blue and white. It was either for msdos or the apple II.
All I could find were Tommy's Cat and Mouse (1986), Alley Cat, and the unlikely Sid & Al's Incredible Toons. Also some mice games like Rodent's Revenge..

EDIT: How about Mouskattack on Apple II? Seems to fit the bill in more ways than the others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiN_wRlNLgw

Last edited:

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arcade game, your usual isometric beat em. Up a la. Ninja turtles a d the protagonists could turn into beast men and it wasn't altered beast. Setting was. Fantasy/medieval if my. Memory works right

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So I was thinking about this game on of these days.

It's from the early 90's or possibly older. It was basically about pushing blocks out of the way so you could go from point A from point B. And that's about all I remember, and that I could never get pass level two.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
So I was thinking about this game on of these days.

It's from the early 90's or possibly older. It was basically about pushing blocks out of the way so you could go from point A from point B. And that's about all I remember, and that I could never get pass level two.
Any memories of perspective, other parts of the game, etc?
This could be a lot of games (it's practically a subgenre), but Lolo comes to mind. It's probably older than you're thinking.
https://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/adventures-of-lolo/screenshots

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

NewLogos

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I swear there was an turn-based anime war game for PS2 that was basically Valkyria Chronicles. One thing I can remember is that some of the tanks had like spider legs. Anybody remember this?

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
A PC game I believe I played on a Web browser circa 1997-99 (not the entire time, but at some point during those years)...

Edit: I could be off about the years with it possibly being a couple years later.

It was an online multiplayer game, isometric view zoomed way out, where you're running around a town picking up weapons shooting other [human controlled] players. I feel like it was mostly a suburban neighborhood you would run around. I think there was a rocket launcher in there too. I think it was basically a deathmatch game where you die and respawn but without any of the weapons you picked up. The game was so damn fun and in my head it doesn't feel like something of that nature should have even existed at the time. I've been meaning to ask about it in this thread for years on the other site.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Heya thread! I have asked about this game before but we didn't find it. Been seeing this thread a lot lately and started thinking about it again

What I am looking for is a Boulder Dash clone that I played on my dad's computer. So it could be Windows (up to 95) or DOS.

What little I remember is that it was dark (brown and black?) and I remember thinking it was kinda scary. I also wanna say that the character was a man in a hat, not a kid or creature. I also remember something like going past the name of the game written in boulders at the very start.

-

While I am at it I might as well ask about a second game too. On one of many demo discs that my big brother had there was a racing game I liked. This was on maybe Win 98 or something.

I don't remember the cars well at all but maybe some had visible roll cages? Like buggies. It had a gritty futuristic look I think and round tunnels was a big part of the tracks. There were hazards like oil spills but I don't remember if you put them there Mario Kart style or if it was just there. My memory of this game is super hazy.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Heya thread! I have asked about this game before but we didn't find it. Been seeing this thread a lot lately and started thinking about it again

What I am looking for is a Boulder Dash clone that I played on my dad's computer. So it could be Windows (up to 95) or DOS.

What little I remember is that it was dark (brown and black?) and I remember thinking it was kinda scary. I also wanna say that the character was a man in a hat, not a kid or creature. I also remember something like going past the name of the game written in boulders at the very start.

-

While I am at it I might as well ask about a second game too. On one of many demo discs that my big brother had there was a racing game I liked. This was on maybe Win 98 or something.

I don't remember the cars well at all but maybe some had visible roll cages? Like buggies. It had a gritty futuristic look I think and round tunnels was a big part of the tracks. There were hazards like oil spills but I don't remember if you put them there Mario Kart style or if it was just there. My memory of this game is super hazy.

Emerald Mine for the Amiga had a guy in a hat. No idea if it was ever on a PC.

Other game might be RollCage.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
In the 1980s, I played a game in school on the Apple IIe. All I remember is that you could set the temperature somehow, the light, and maybe sound? I think you did it by placing objects(lightbulb, etc) in the area and you watched how it affected little bugs/critters or something. it was likely meant to be educational. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone remember a gameboy (maybe color?) game where you were building forts with tetriminos, and the bigger the squares you built, the bigger the cannons it made? And then it automatically fired them at other forts, so you had to balance making new guns with repairing your walls?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone remember a gameboy (maybe color?) game where you were building forts with tetriminos, and the bigger the squares you built, the bigger the cannons it made? And then it automatically fired them at other forts, so you had to balance making new guns with repairing your walls?

Sounds like Rampart.

Edit: Apparently there is an OG Gameboy version and a GBC version that are different, so check out both.