• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some PC Java or flash game where you pilot fighter jets and fly around shooting an enemy jet and it felt super fast and had some hype music. I can't remember the name. It's fairly old at this point. Probably in the Aughts

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'm trying to remember a game where you need to shut down 3 bodies or brains linked together in some kind of glass tank in a lab. It's AA or AAA, probably from this generation but I really can't remember which game it was. Any ideas?

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember the name of a puzzle game on SNES where you play as a wizard who leads ants to a safe place by creating cubes.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the name of a puzzle game on SNES where you play as a wizard who leads ants to a safe place by creating cubes.

Troddlers.

RvuwqDj.png

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't 100% match your description but could it be troddlers?

It doesn't? I thought the description was spot-on.

Okay, the little guys aren't strictly ants, but they're antlike enough that I can see someone making that association if they don't have access to the manual.

(Now I've said that, watch it confound me by turning out to not be Troddlers!)

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It doesn't? I thought the description was spot-on.

Okay, the little guys aren't strictly ants, but they're antlike enough that I can see someone making that association if they don't have access to the manual.

(Now I've said that, watch it confound me by turning out to not be Troddlers!)

I think it's because back in the day I never thought the playable character was a wizard!

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
There was an indie game i played at PAX like 3 years ago. Was fun but havent heard of it since. It was a short snappy party platform fighter type game (like Towerfall Ascension or Duck Game or something like that, but I remember this one having much more variety i think)

it was very cartoony and bright. the story/premise of the game is that a bunch of these characters are fighting over the last vacant room in a hotel or something like that.

that's all the info i remember. does anyone have a name? not sure if it ever released or what

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
There was this PC game that came out in the mid-late 90s... I was around that age when I played it. The only thing I can remember is, the protagonist was a kid in pajamas walking around a 3D dream world "hub" that warped him to strange dream realms, which were like levels. I think he was blonde and had glasses? It might have been a PC edutainment game. It was NOT Pajama Sam. All these years and I still can't find this damn game. Any ideas?

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
There was this PC game that came out in the mid-late 90s... I was around that age when I played it. The only thing I can remember is, the protagonist was a kid in pajamas walking around a 3D dream world "hub" that warped him to strange dream realms, which were like levels. I think he was blonde and had sunglasses? It might have been a PC edutainment game. It was NOT Pajama Sam. All these years and I still can't find this damn game. Any ideas?

40 Winks came out in 1999 and had a PC port?
Edit: No, wait, the PC port is actually quite recent.

What was the gameplay in the 'dream realms'?

Oct 26, 2017
There was an indie game i played at PAX like 3 years ago. Was fun but havent heard of it since. It was a short snappy party platform fighter type game (like Towerfall Ascension or Duck Game or something like that, but I remember this one having much more variety i think)

it was very cartoony and bright. the story/premise of the game is that a bunch of these characters are fighting over the last vacant room in a hotel or something like that.

that's all the info i remember. does anyone have a name? not sure if it ever released or what

I have no idea but if it was part of Indie Megabooth you might be able to find it listed here http://indiemegabooth.com/events/

Could it be Move or Die?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
40 Winks came out in 1999 and had a PC port?
Edit: No, wait, the PC port is actually quite recent.

What was the gameplay in the 'dream realms'?

It wasn't 40 Winks. I remember it being kind of a mode 7 thing: like the 3D "hub" was you controlling a character that looked like a sprite, but could go in any direction. From what I remember, the gameplay was 2D in the dream realms.

Oct 26, 2017

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I've got two games I've been thinking about for years but haven't tried to figure out what they are.
(Both were when I was a kid so it would be around the PS1 era. Not necessarily on the PS1 though)
Game 2: Think contra hard corps as a base. You're a regular looking dude, possibly with melee weapon but likely just shooting stuff. I remember the background looking like a field of trees / mountains in the distance and it scrolled for this boss. The boss is a giant metal robot looking thing you see off in the distance, then it jumps into the area under you. There are walls on the left and right side of you and platforms connecting the walls. You need to jump up the platforms while fighting the boss and there's a lot of scrolling / action.
Sounds like it could be a Sega Genesis game from Treasure since they made a few near the launch of the PS1 (they also made the arcade game Contra).

Look to see if your game is either Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, or Alien Soldier.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember a DOS game from around 1990 that was a platformer where you collected gems and had a jetpack? Might have had a gun, too...don't remember. I think progression was mostly left to right one screen at a time, not smooth scrolling...I remember playing it before Commander Keen.
Dangerous Dave, most likely. Made by a rather familiar name...

QTJCXbz.png

XxaGug0.png

LuuLDn9.png

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, I have two, probably not very hard to find but I want to ask here:

One is a plataform game, it reminded me a bit of Prince of Persia and Gex when I played. I believe it was from early to mid 90s. It had an arabic setting or something like that, kind like Aladin. You played a thief (maybe) and attacked by throwing coins.

The other one is older, either ealry 90s or late 80s. I don't remember much, but it had a top of down view (like pokemon) but other segments that were 2d plataforming. You controlled a guy with a maul, or a hammer, and I believe you could throw it.

Both are pc games by the way.

Oct 26, 2017
That reminded me of a game I'd almost forgotten, I was about to test this thread's obscure Sincalir QL game knowledge, but I found it in the end.

Donuts

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like it could be a Sega Genesis game from Treasure since they made a few near the launch of the PS1 (they also made the arcade game Contra).

Look to see if your game is either Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, or Alien Soldier.

Gunstar Heroes *might* actually be it?

The sequence at 16 minutes is similar in gameplay to what I'm thinking.

But this background in alien soldier (30 minutes) is more like what I remember the background being

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
So, I have two, probably not very hard to find but I want to ask here:

One is a plataform game, it reminded me a bit of Prince of Persia and Gex when I played. I believe it was from early to mid 90s. It had an arabic setting or something like that, kind like Aladin. You played a thief (maybe) and attacked by throwing coins.

The other one is older, either ealry 90s or late 80s. I don't remember much, but it had a top of down view (like pokemon) but other segments that were 2d plataforming. You controlled a guy with a maul, or a hammer, and I believe you could throw it.

Both are pc games by the way.
Second game is God of Thunder.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
PC (definitely not console) pinball game, Windows 2000 I think. Had a sorta zoomed in view like Devil Crush but with 3D visuals. Mild occult/horror theme.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, a long time ago, I had this sleepover with some friends when I lived in another city (I've since lost contact with them). We rented this Nintendo 64 game from Blockbuster that was a 4-player co-op beat-em-up. I think playable characters included barbarians, valkyries, and wizards, and you just fought hordes of monsters while making it to the end of the stage. I remember having a ton of fun with it, but the difficulty was brutal, I think.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So, a long time ago, I had this sleepover with some friends when I lived in another city (I've since lost contact with them). We rented this Nintendo 64 game from Blockbuster that was a 4-player co-op beat-em-up. I think playable characters included barbarians, valkyries, and wizards, and you just fought hordes of monsters while making it to the end of the stage. I remember having a ton of fun with it, but the difficulty was brutal, I think.

Could it be Gauntlet legends?

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Not an old release at all, it's a rather popular PC game of mechanism building with spheres and shit. Never bothered to check its name. I think it has gif integration so I used to see them all the time on Twitter when it came out. Looks not too demanding for my low-end laptop. Anyone can help me?

plast

Oct 25, 2017
Not an old release at all, it's a rather popular PC game of mechanism building with spheres and shit. Never bothered to check its name. I think it has gif integration so I used to see them all the time on Twitter when it came out. Looks not too demanding for my low-end laptop. Anyone can help me?
Opus Magnum?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
There's this (pc?) game, I think it's an indie, but can't be sure. It may be a post apocalypse or something but its also a comedy setting.
Simplistic graphics. You start out in a hotel or apartment building and apparently you're lazy and you get some free ice cream.
For some reason, everyone is pissed at you because of something that happened prior. And when you spill your ice cream on the way back to your room, which is an unavoidable event, the desk manager gets upset and kicks you out. That is the beginning of the game, and I can't remember anything else.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
There's this (pc?) game, I think it's an indie, but can't be sure. It may be a post apocalypse or something but its also a comedy setting.
Simplistic graphics. You start out in a hotel or apartment building and apparently you're lazy and you get some free ice cream.
For some reason, everyone is pissed at you because of something that happened prior. And when you spill your ice cream on the way back to your room, which is an unavoidable event, the desk manager gets upset and kicks you out. That is the beginning of the game, and I can't remember anything else.
That sounds like Wuppo to me.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Ok this is kinda easy (i think)

I saw a single trailer for this game, it was a metroidvania with 3d graphics but 2d structure, a strange robot as a protagonist, sci-fi location, ranged weapons, some maze rotation stuff, and a wonderful soundtrack.

The game is not out yet but i can't find that single trailer and i really want to watch it again and i'm going crazy about this...please help.

It's not elyra.

Last edited:

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I may be misremembering but this was an older 3D PC RPG. I swear GRRM wrote the story. The box was purple and it had a skeleton/skull or maybe a wizard on the cover. I remember seeing it at Target and picking it up. It was utter crap but I swear GRRM had a hand in it.

Andrain18

Apr 19, 2018
Orange County CA
Help!

N64 Game iirc it was a standard old grey cartridge sticker on cart had green lettering. You started on the ground and had to scale up a mountain and had to fight what i at the time thought were warlocks lol. There was 4 player MP were you had to get treasure chests. Yeah total ass brain fart and it's driving me insane because it's right there yet i can only remember so little of it.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure it was a NES game, maybe a platformer and the first level was a rollercoaster or a theme park? I have very faint memories of playing it at a friend's house as a kid but I couldn't for the life of me remember any details beyond those

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been trying to remember what this was for a few weeks now with no luck, and I figured this is the place to ask.

There was a free browser-based old-school mostly black and white Macventure/C64-style adventure game set in and around a creepy manor/castle. I seem to remember it being made by a known indie dev, but can't remember who. It was NOT The Uninvited, but it was similar in style.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A recent early access horror game in which being in darkness will kill you. You need to keep the lights on to survive, but they start breaking down.

Here's where my memory gets murky:

Stuff happens and a door appears leading to a bright meadow. Past the door is a gloomy clubhouse or something and someone dies inside.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
A recent early access horror game in which being in darkness will kill you. You need to keep the lights on to survive, but they start breaking down.

Here's where my memory gets murky:

Stuff happens and a door appears leading to a bright meadow. Past the door is a gloomy clubhouse or something and someone dies inside.

This guy plays a lot of horror games, including early access, so it could be amongst these.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CjuGames/videos