• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Thorry

Apr 24, 2018
Netherlands
I remember a 3D fighter on pc (like, really early 3D/probably early 90's) which at least featured a white male fighter and a robot. Come to think of it, the version I played was a demo, which is why I only remember those two characters.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I remember a 3D fighter on pc (like, really early 3D/probably early 90's) which at least featured a white male fighter and a robot. Come to think of it, the version I played was a demo, which is why I only remember those two characters.

I remember playing a PC fighting game called FX Fighter back in the day?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Help!

N64 Game iirc it was a standard old grey cartridge sticker on cart had green lettering. You started on the ground and had to scale up a mountain and had to fight what i at the time thought were warlocks lol. There was 4 player MP were you had to get treasure chests. Yeah total ass brain fart and it's driving me insane because it's right there yet i can only remember so little of it.

The only fantasy 4 player N64 games I can think of are Gauntlet Legends and Hexen, but it doesn't sound like those, so I'm not sure.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A recent early access horror game in which being in darkness will kill you. You need to keep the lights on to survive, but they start breaking down.

Here's where my memory gets murky:

Stuff happens and a door appears leading to a bright meadow. Past the door is a gloomy clubhouse or something and someone dies inside.

or maybe Lights Out?

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Okay so... This has been killing me for the last hour or so, lmao

There's this game from the mid/late PS3/360 era, like 2009-2012, maybe? Literally everything I remember about the game was that it was some sort of shooter, that it was pretty mediocre according to a friend of mine, and that the cover was white with a gun full of colors in the front.

I mean, I do recall the game being mediocre, but man, either I'm having way too hard of a time finding the damn thing, or this is some sort of Mandela effect haha

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Okay so... This has been killing me for the last hour or so, lmao

There's this game from the mid/late PS3/360 era, like 2009-2012, maybe? Literally everything I remember about the game was that it was some sort of shooter, that it was pretty mediocre according to a friend of mine, and that the cover was white with a gun full of colors in the front.

I mean, I do recall the game being mediocre, but man, either I'm having way too hard of a time finding the damn thing, or this is some sort of Mandela effect haha

Bodycount?

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
Can anyone heIp me? I can't find a name for a role-playing game with dogs, tactical combat and pixel-art! I think it came out not long ago.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a NES game. I beat it so fast I tried to take it back to the rental store to exchange it for another game. I distinctly remember a side scrolling section while riding a dinosaur, possibly mechanical or maybe enhanced with weapons. That was half the game. IIRC, there was a separate shooter or exploration part. Similar to Blaster Master where it was like two games in one.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It was a NES game. I beat it so fast I tried to take it back to the rental store to exchange it for another game. I distinctly remember a side scrolling section while riding a dinosaur, possibly mechanical or maybe enhanced with weapons. That was half the game. IIRC, there was a separate shooter or exploration part. Similar to Blaster Master where it was like two games in one.

Off the top of my head the only things I can think of that are vaguely similar to your description are some of the later Adventure Island titles or maybe Dinowarz, though neither fit your description perfectly.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Off the top of my head the only things I can think of that are vaguely similar to your description are some of the later Adventure Island titles or maybe Dinowarz, though neither fit your description perfectly.
I think Dinowarz is it. I might have remembered two games at the same time.

I also trying to remember a PC 3D RPG. The box pointed out it was written by a famous fantasy writer, I swear it was GRRM, but probably not. The box had a skull or face on it and I think the box was purplish/grayish/blackish. It was not a big name dev and I only saw it at Target. Possibly 15 years ago. I can't exactly recall when I got it. It was bad and I ended up tossing it.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

I also trying to remember a PC 3D RPG. The box pointed out it was written by a famous fantasy writer, I swear it was GRRM, but probably not. The box had a skull or face on it and I think the box was purplish/grayish/blackish. It was not a big name dev and I only saw it at Target. Possibly 15 years ago. I can't exactly recall when I got it. It was bad and I ended up tossing it.

This?
deathtrap-dungeon-pc-limited-big-box-edition-2995-p.jpg

EDIT- 15 years might too young for DD, maybe Enclave?

Last edited:

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like Ian Livingstone's Deathtrap Dungeon

s0VEkZD.jpg

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Help. PS2 game. 4 player split screen competitive I think

Featured playing as animals I think

Used face buttons to move instead of analog sticks

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I remember Giant Bomb did a quick look a couple of years ago of some dystopian looking skating/combat game.

I think it had MMO elements but I'm not sure. It almost had a Warriors type aesthetic.

It may have been made in Japan. I vaguely remember some of the level design looking like a multi level car park.

Sorry I am very vague.

It definitely isn't Sunset Overdrive. Much grittier.

EDIT: Turns out it was "Let It Die". A lot of my memories were wrong! Not sure where I got MMO and skating from.

Last edited:

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
I'm trying to recall a turn-based indie game that was in development around the mid-2010's. It takes place in a present-day/near-future setting, where you control this middle-aged guy in a hat(?) who spends turns moving around a level, picking off enemies on a Tactics-style map. Once you complete your objective, the game shows you a replay of the level with all the moves you made in real-time, like in Super Hot or Frozen Synapse.

All I know about the name is that it isn't Invisible Inc.

Last edited:

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I visited cousins in Virginia when I was about 12 or 13, so a little less than 20 year ago. They had a PC and I was obsessed with playing this helicopter game where you were flying over a jungle shooting incoming planes and dropping bombs. Kinda a little bit like a bullet hell shooter but less intense. Pretty arcade-y, screen scrolling up. Anyone know what this was? I would love to find it, play it again. I never saw it again after that summer.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
First thought is Jungle Strike..

but then I remembered SWIV

I think it might have been SWIV! I remember it looking a little more colorful but that could just be my memory, glowing it up. Thank you!

Edit: I remember a lot more jungle and land units than there seems to be here. I think it must have been something that came out after, post-SWIV but doing the same thing.

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT! I've been looking for this game since forever. I used to play this when I was young. I just never knew the name, but I remember the look and sound.

With all the Area 51 memes going on, the name was right in front of me the whole time. The nostalgia is strong.
s-l300.jpg

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
There was a top down shmup I played in an arcade. 16 bit looking graphics. I forget whether weapons were pickups, or if you had a choice of pilots that gave you different weapon before each mission. The one prevailing memory I have of it is that while flying a red ship/plane I managed to get the best version of my current weapon, which instead fo just being more pink lazers shooting off in more directions, caused all the beams to converge, death star style into this giant pink beam of death that arced back and forth across the screen.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
There was a top down shmup I played in an arcade. 16 bit looking graphics. I forget whether weapons were pickups, or if you had a choice of pilots that gave you different weapon before each mission. The one prevailing memory I have of it is that while flying a red ship/plane I managed to get the best version of my current weapon, which instead fo just being more pink lazers shooting off in more directions, caused all the beams to converge, death star style into this giant pink beam of death that arced back and forth across the screen.

Fire Shark?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I don't think so. I definitely remember the bending beam. None of the fire shark footage I've seen seems to have that. But I do rememeber playing fireshark in an arcade a log time ago.

Bending beam is in Raiden (1,2, jet, etc etc) I'm betting on that

Last edited:

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to remember a DOS title I played as a kid, it had EGA or CGA graphics and may have been an adventure title. The only thing I remember is being inside a tunnel or tube, and once you tried to walk out of it you were killed by a spaceship which terrified me and I never played it again.

I'm thinking maybe it was Space Quest?

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Game premise: You write scripts to create a movie (and shoot the movie based on the script?)
Graphics: Cartoon
Platform: PC?
Time: late 90's?
I don't think it's related to any major properties (Looney Toons or The Simpsons)

Fake edit: In the process of writing out the above, I did one last Google search and was able to find the name the developer plus actual title, "Write, Camera, Action" (1996): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Broderbund_products

Now to find any Let's play videos.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to remember a DOS title I played as a kid, it had EGA or CGA graphics and may have been an adventure title. The only thing I remember is being inside a tunnel or tube, and once you tried to walk out of it you were killed by a spaceship which terrified me and I never played it again.

I'm thinking maybe it was Space Quest?

First thing that came to mind was Tau Ceti, but it certainly doesn't look like Space Quest

If it doesn't match up, I'd recommend just going through the games on this list:
Abandonware Dos Space Games

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One that's been bugging me because I'm really good at remembering game titles but it was a game on either an Macintosh, Amiga or Commodore 64 back in late 80s early 90s. It was a space sim game where you could wonder around your ship in isometric 3rd person and plot courses to planets to trade and stuff while battling with enemies.

Last edited:

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Okay stuck. I'm trying to think of 2 games. Both were on the NES, and I think one of them was also an arcade game.
Side scrolling, medieval action gamewhere you used a sword and shield.

I know its not something super obvious like Wizards & Warriors or Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
SNES game. It was a mech game with a first person view and I think it took place in outerspace.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Sidescroller game on the PS1. You're a kid whose dog is kidnapped by black glob aliens. You start out with makeshift weapons the eventually get some laser powers. Intentionally ugly artsyle.

PS2 action adventure game. You're a samurai whose body has been replaced with cybernetics and must kill monsters/ other samurai to get them back. Games starts black and white, gets colors Wizard of Oz style when you recover your human eye.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Sidescroller game on the PS1. You're a kid whose dog is kidnapped by black glob aliens. You start out with makeshift weapons the eventually get some laser powers. Intentionally ugly artsyle.

PS2 action adventure game. You're a samurai whose body has been replaced with cybernetics and must kill monsters/ other samurai to get them back. Games starts black and white, gets colors Wizard of Oz style when you recover your human eye.

First game is Heart of Darkness.

Second is Blood Will Tell

Last edited:

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
So back in the day I used to play this fighting game for SNES where you'd fight on top of a building and sometimes you could just kick the opponent off. Does it ring any bells? I don't think it was Mortal Kombat (for those in the know, did it even allow that?)

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
While I'm at it, I'm also struggling to remember another game. It was N64 game where you play as a human(?) who has to cross these tiles (puzzle type game,) but there were aliens wondering around and if they caught you, you would die. It had a birds eye like view/camera.