• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

David Addison

Oct 28, 2017
Okay stuck. I'm trying to think of 2 games. Both were on the NES, and I think one of them was also an arcade game.
Side scrolling, medieval action gamewhere you used a sword and shield.

I know its not something super obvious like Wizards & Warriors or Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2.
I will bet $0.000001 that one of them is either Sword Master or Fanaxandu.

Cantaloup

Oct 27, 2017
One that's been bugging me because I'm really good at remembering game titles but it was a game on either an Macintosh, Amiga or Commodore 64 back in late 80s early 90s. It was a space sim game where you could wonder around your ship in isometric 3rd person and plot courses to planets to trade and stuff while battling with enemies.

It sounds kind of like Sundog: Frozen Legacy, but I don't think it was on any of the systems you listed.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
There was an AOL cd that featured a game called "The Quest". The intro to it was on youtube at some point. I guess this isn't quite in line with the thread, but I would love to experience it again. I have not been able to find anything other than a screenshot or two. Anyone else play it? Still have it?

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm at it, I'm also struggling to remember another game. It was N64 game where you play as a human(?) who has to cross these tiles (puzzle type game,) but there were aliens wondering around and if they caught you, you would die. It had a birds eye like view/camera.
Sounds a bit like Intelligent Cube (aka Kurushi) but it was PS1 rather than N64...

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Here's something with a twist:

I'm looking for a Doom shareware CD. I know there's hundreds, but this particular one had not only Doom on it (but it was clearly labeled Doom on the cover), but some other shareware things like Blake Stone. The thing is, this CD also had audio tracks to listen to, which were quite horrible medieval-style songs, like a poor man's In Extremo without the metal parts. Does anyone remember this CD and how to find it (especially how to find those damn music tracks)?

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Okay stuck. I'm trying to think of 2 games. Both were on the NES, and I think one of them was also an arcade game.
Side scrolling, medieval action gamewhere you used a sword and shield.

I know its not something super obvious like Wizards & Warriors or Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2.

Sword Master?

EDIT: Gah, didn't notice there was another page. Oh, well. Better late than never.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One that's been bugging me because I'm really good at remembering game titles but it was a game on either an Macintosh, Amiga or Commodore 64 back in late 80s early 90s. It was a space sim game where you could wonder around your ship in isometric 3rd person and plot courses to planets to trade and stuff while battling with enemies.
Maybe Starflight?

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
I have had flashes of this game in the back of my mind for maybe around 15 years, and I don't have much to go on. Thanks in advance.
This is probably a MS-DOS game, since I remember playing it on a friends pc in the mid to late 90s. 2D platformer/sidescroller, really colorful with lots of vegetation filled levels, but that could just be the first level that I remember. I think you fought ZOMBIES and you could climb long ladders.
You play either as a guy or a girl. Not sure. That's it.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I have had flashes of this game in the back of my mind for maybe around 15 years, and I don't have much to go on. Thanks in advance.
This is probably a MS-DOS game, since I remember playing it on a friends pc in the mid to late 90s. 2D platformer/sidescroller, really colorful with lots of vegetation filled levels, but that could just be the first level that I remember. I think you fought ZOMBIES and you could climb long ladders.
You play either as a guy or a girl. Not sure. That's it.
One of the commander keen games, maybe 4?

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There was a PC game from the 90s that I remember loving. From what I remember it was a top down strategy turn-based strategy game, kind of like Heroes of Might and Magic, might have had hexes or something as well. The main thing I remember was that one of the races was giant worms.

Any ideas?

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
Let's post a weird one I played awhile back and see if anyone knows what I'm talking about: some movie based snes game that starts with a 10 or 15 minute long motion comic about your dude being sentenced to exile on some island that's actually pretty impressive for what it is excluding the fact you can't skip it but instantaneously afterwards you start the game and within three seconds you're swarmed by dinosaurs and they pretty instantly kill you so you need to start the game more or less mashing the punch button to sock a pterodactyl in the face.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I used to play a game when I was very young that I always remember for some reason. It was an RTS with a sci-fi theme, I think, and some of the buildings could fly around the map and be placed somewhere else. That's literally all I remember, but it's stuck in my mind for some reason.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I used to play a game when I was very young that I always remember for some reason. It was an RTS with a sci-fi theme, I think, and some of the buildings could fly around the map and be placed somewhere else. That's literally all I remember, but it's stuck in my mind for some reason.

I assume it isn't starcraft? Terran buildings could be relocated from what I remember.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Dune
Tiberian Twilight
Total Annihilation

Edit: Dark Reign

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Let's post a weird one I played awhile back and see if anyone knows what I'm talking about: some movie based snes game that starts with a 10 or 15 minute long motion comic about your dude being sentenced to exile on some island that's actually pretty impressive for what it is excluding the fact you can't skip it but instantaneously afterwards you start the game and within three seconds you're swarmed by dinosaurs and they pretty instantly kill you so you need to start the game more or less mashing the punch button to sock a pterodactyl in the face.

Sounds kind of like No Escape from the intro bit, but I don't remember any dinosaurs.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
Sounds kind of like No Escape from the intro bit, but I don't remember any dinosaurs.

My god you actually got it, although looks like I was remembering slightly wrong as it was cavemen people instead of dinosaurs. Last I played this was with my brother and we were purposefully looking for shovelware to play and I was actually looking to play this the other day just for kicks, thanks dude!

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I've got a couple...

One was on PC, don't know what the hell this PC was but it was basically a 2D dinosaur fighting game. You could play as a T-Rex, triceratops, stegosaurus, ankylosaurus or a brontosaurus...my PC had an orange/black monitor and no mouse, 3.5" floppy but this game was installed to the drive. In addition to the fighting, there was an educational bit that showed some slides about how fossils are formed.

Probably had a super generic name but I'd recognize the gameplay if I saw it.

Then there was a game on the NES, you could have an army that would fight another army on the field, siege a castle, and then to capture it you would have a side scrolling sword fighting section. That's about all I remember from it but I enjoyed it quite a bit even though it frustrated 8 year-old me something awful, lol

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Then there was a game on the NES, you could have an army that would fight another army on the field, siege a castle, and then to capture it you would have a side scrolling sword fighting section. That's about all I remember from it but I enjoyed it quite a bit even though it frustrated 8 year-old me something awful, lol

Defender of the Crown maybe.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a couple...

One was on PC, don't know what the hell this PC was but it was basically a 2D dinosaur fighting game. You could play as a T-Rex, triceratops, stegosaurus, ankylosaurus or a brontosaurus...my PC had an orange/black monitor and no mouse, 3.5" floppy but this game was installed to the drive. In addition to the fighting, there was an educational bit that showed some slides about how fossils are formed.

Probably had a super generic name but I'd recognize the gameplay if I saw it.
Primal Rage?

lemming

Oct 27, 2017
Ok! Played this around 1994-1995, in the NES.
- 2d Platformer, where you could pick up power ups to increase the range of your base weapon (a spear) and jump height (really high sometimes?). You could attack upwards with the spear;
- I think you could jump into a mech sometimes.
- Name was something like "the long spear" or "spearman" or "JumpMan"? Couldn't find anything like this;
- I guess some of the enemies included tanks, some alien creatures, environment resembled somewhat of madmax?
- Had one level that you started free-falling.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok! Played this around 1994-1995, in the NES.
- 2d Platformer, where you could pick up power ups to increase the range of your base weapon (a spear) and jump height (really high sometimes?). You could attack upwards with the spear;
- I think you could jump into a mech sometimes.
- Name was something like "the long spear" or "spearman" or "JumpMan"? Couldn't find anything like this;
- I guess some of the enemies included tanks, some alien creatures, environment resembled somewhat of madmax?
- Had one level that you started free-falling.
Low G Man?

Oct 26, 2017
Switch game, some sort of platformer maybe metroidvania, more than one physical version (similar to Pokémon).
Like a Red version and Blue version? Sorry I've never heard of anything that fits that for a platformer.

I mean there's Shovel Knight, where you can now buy each playable character's game seperately or bundled together, but that's all I can think of that remotely fits.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
So this is a pc game I bought in a russian store. Its some sort of a 2d puzzle game where you have to reach the exit playing as a guy. There are red hooded enemies which can only be killed by trapping them in holes you can create by shooting the floor in front of you. Some of the maps had glue on them that made you slower. I think it also had muliplayer or coop not sure anymore.

Roto64

Oct 27, 2017
There's an original Gameboy I had when I was a kid that I can't recall the name nor recall much of what it was about. I do remember, I think, that the box art and cartridge art was all red except for the logo. I think it was a puzzle game because I did not understand that game at all. I remember, I think, that it was very Japanese influenced. I wish I could describe it better but it's been so long. The cart was stolen when our house was broken into. I've been looking for Gameboy game box art since that's the only way I can think of to figure out what game it is. Not much helpful info, I know...

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's an original Gameboy I had when I was a kid that I can't recall the name nor recall much of what it was about. I do remember, I think, that the box art and cartridge art was all red except for the logo. I think it was a puzzle game because I did not understand that game at all. I remember, I think, that it was very Japanese influenced. I wish I could describe it better but it's been so long. The cart was stolen when our house was broken into. I've been looking for Gameboy game box art since that's the only way I can think of to figure out what game it is. Not much helpful info, I know...
hml7bxZ.jpg

If the image doesn't show, it's Heiankyo Alien.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I remember having a GBA fighting game that I really liked. It was not of any important franchise, I just remember that one of the characters was a kind of steampunk robot.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Remember playing a PC demo for a futuristic action submarine game about 96/97

It wasn't a realistic sub game, more like descent or terminal velocity underwater, there are a few games that fit this basic concept around this time, but one thing this one had was the ability to surface and drive about on the water like a speedboat, the game tried to split the objectives between above and below water targets from what I remember